so i started looking for a day-of-coordinator (DOC) in December and spoke to someone who seemed wonderful! i know it's early, but our date was already booked for a few planners so we are trying to get ahead of the game.
she was amazing and said she'd hold our date for 2 weeks so we can speak to other planners. i really respected that! in any case, before the 2 weeks was up we decided to go with her and set up a meeting to finalize everything. sadly we had a family emergency the day of our call and i tried to reschedule. got no response.
over the course of the next 2 weeks i tried texting her (see if she's alright and express excitement for finalizing things). eventually i called her because i got no responses and wasn't sure if my texts were going through (i had one vender who wasn't getting texts from me for some reason). I left a message reiterating what i'd said in text and included an updated schedule of availability for me. still nothing.
i checked her social media and saw she's still actively posting event pictures and looking for 2022/2023 clients. it really upset me, since in the time it takes to post she could have at least sent a quick "hey i've been busy" text, or something. but then i also read a reddit post recently where a planner asked for patience from clients because the pandemic has made scheduling/rescheduling a nightmare this month.
after seeing that post i'm second guessing myself, however what really has me nervous is that we don't have a signed contract and haven't put down any money. despite saying i'd hire her, there is nothing legal to back that up. she could easily give my date away, and for all i know she may have already. it's already 8 months to the wedding, and i don't want to end up in a situation where i can't find a DOC because she ghosted and nobody is available.
am i being too hasty if i message her one last time to drop her? or am i justified all things considered?