Wedding Woes

Friday

Morning, folx!

I'm definitely feeling better.  Coughing is minimal (comparatively), still loads of congestion, small fevers coming and going, but mostly okay.  The prednisone is still definitely kicking me all around; I'm really only able to get about 4 hours of sleep a night.  I drop down to 20 mg on Monday,  I'm hoping that offers some relief on the sleeping issue.

I don't have much to report because I'm not doing much of anything.  Just watching movies, TV shows, reading doing some arts and crafts, and basically messing around. I think one of my board games is able to be adjusted to a one person, so I might be messing with that later today. 

Man, reading all of the posts is really eye opening about how much this latest surge is affecting not just us personally, but society.  What a damn mess.  Anyone have any fun plans for the weekend or is everyone just hunkering down until the storm passes?

Re: Friday

• No fun plans this weekend - thank you omicron. Glad you a feeling a bit better @VarunaTT. Hope the lower dose of prednisone helps you get more sleep.

I've been doing a weight workout at home this week instead of training with my trainer. I don't want to go to the gym until numbers are much lower. My former trainer developed a 6 session plan so I have 2-3 weeks I can rotate. I hate doing weights on my own though. I did order a 30 pound bar today. They are much cheaper now than they were a year ago.

I've made it through two days of WW. I've put on so much weight I'm fairly disgusted with myself. It has got to stop.
  • My mom just tested positive yesterday. She said it's the worst she's ever felt. She's had intense nausea and has only today been able to keep food down. 

I'm supposed to go bowling tonight with friends but I really don't even feel like going out. I feel bad bailing, but I'm just so exhausted and I don't feel like sitting in a mask in bowling alley when I can be in my bed watching TV..haha. 

I have yet another meeting soon that I'm dreading so I'm just hoping 3pm gets here fast. 
  • Yay for feeling better.  Hopefully you'll get more rest this weekend. 

I'm so glad it's Friday. Our only concrete plans are to go to Costco tonight and our friends M and L are coming to dinner tomorrow. 

We are talking about prepping our foyer for it's refresh and maybe going to get some paint chips to see what color we want to paint it.  We're also discussing putting up shiplap on one wall that will be the 'drop zone' for coats, shoes, etc. 

We were supposed to have our pinewood derby this weekend. But after several people in the pack got covid over the last week, we polled parents and they wanted to move it to next month.  There was one guy who was vehemently opposed to this, so I'm sure his head is exploding somewhere.  I'm happy it was moved (I voted to do so).  Not only because of the surge, but also we need the downtime. 

DH is off Monday, as is DefConn.  I decided to take it off too this morning.  So we are also getting a 3 day weekend.  I'm so excited about that. 

I need to see what movies are streaming. I'm in the mood for a movie tonight. 

SSDD otherwise.  Just trying to make it to the end of the day. 
  • My mom just tested positive yesterday. She said it's the worst she's ever felt. She's had intense nausea and has only today been able to keep food down. 

I'm supposed to go bowling tonight with friends but I really don't even feel like going out. I feel bad bailing, but I'm just so exhausted and I don't feel like sitting in a mask in bowling alley when I can be in my bed watching TV..haha. 

I have yet another meeting soon that I'm dreading so I'm just hoping 3pm gets here fast. 
    Thinking of your mom! And don’t feel bad. Stay home and take care of yourself. 
  • Oh no @charlotte989875!  DH's cousin had viral meningitis twice in college.  She was hospitalized for several days both times.  I sincerely hope he can get better at home, but that's insanely scary. 

I'm sorry to hear your mom is so sick @climbingsingle.  I hope this is the worst for her and she can be on an upswing soon.  
  • @charlotte989875 prayers for your BIL! 

Kids have events tonight: Chiquita has indoor soccer and a GS cookie activity.  Chiquito has a pack meeting.  We'll be masked up for all of it and will keep crossing fingers
    Dinner tonight is likely take out and I desperately need to take the tree down.  I haven't watered it and this week has been an absolute disaster with work so I never scored a break. 

I love having a house decorated for Christmas but it's time to un-decorate. 

Other than that, it's going to be tidying up the kids rooms this weekend.  They're not doing it on their own and I'll likely need to step in.  Don't go getting jealous of my plans!

I may try to use my sous vide.  I just need to think of what to make. 
  • Jeez, @charlotte989875, that really scary.  Viral meningitis is nothing to fool around with.  All the big healthy vibes for him.

I suspect I've passed this along to at least 2 friends.  One has minimal symptoms, but the other one is feeling pretty rough.  Honestly though, no one can be sure.  At this point, in my barely 53% vaccinated mask mandate pulled from every where county right now, it's easier for me to count who doesn't have it in my immediate circles.
  • We don't have any plans but I do need to get some groceries.  Things are going backwards here as well due to the virus.  School will move to distance learning for 2 weeks, mainly due to the high number of staff who are out.  Just received notice this morning that our church is going all virtual until 2/6 when they will re-evaluate.  

My nail tech cancelled my appointment on Tuesday night and re-scheduled me for tonight.  She wasn't feeling well and wanted to make sure she didn't pass on anything.  She is always masked and I am too.  

We are got sleet early this morning and now snow.  We are on the edge of significant amounts so schools are closed.  DH's route was cancelled so he's home.  We'll see how the roads (and our driveway) are later and I might need to re-schedule the nail appt. again.  On the upside, the cardinals and blue jays look so pretty sitting on the snow covered branches in our backyard.

@VarunaTT, I'm glad you are feeling better.  Hope the tapering dose of prednisone helps with your sleeping
    @charlotte989875 - yay for the baby sleeping in!  Prayers for your BIL
    @climbingsingle - sorry about your mom, hope she recovers quickly

• Glad you're getting better, Varuna. Good thoughts for your BIL, Charlotte, and your mom, Climbing. 

Nothing much going on here. They're saying we might get snow Sunday. If we do, it will be the first time in a few years. I wouldn't mind taking the dog out to see how she reacts. But prediction of 2 inches of snow in the south means the grocery stores will be ransacked, so I'm going to go try to fight that tonight. Other than that, hike tomorrow to try to break in new boots take 2, and probably some organizing and purging. 
  • Healing vibes to your BIL @charlotte989875 and your mother @climbingsingle ...and good luck to the Bills Char...my 3rd fave /true NY team!
    @banana468 has your daughter's GS Cookie site been bonkers?  DDs has and the last day to submit mobile orders is upon us...ugh

We have a 3-day weekend - I have some tentative plans with the kids at some of our favorite places in the city (Holiday Train Show at NYBG tomorrow, Museum of Natural History and Central Park Zoo on Sunday)...at all of those places you have to be masked and vaccinated age 5 and up so I feel the risk level is low, so if we don't go to any it'll be laziness and the forecast (high temp is 20 degrees this weekend).  Absolutely, gloriously nothing planned for Monday.

Covering a study hall and chucking behind my mask as a few girls are talking about how hot Andrew Garfield is and how he came out of nowhere...like kids he's been around 
  • @mrsconn23, The Eternals dropped on Disney+, no fee, if you're interested in that.  They didn't seem to market that very much.  
  • levioosa said:
    Omg. He should definitely be admitted. Fucking COVID and antivaxxers. This is what we mean when we say no beds. It’s not just beds for Covid. It’s beds for your heart attack, stroke, car accident. I’m so sorry. All of the good healing vibes to him @charlotte989875

I hope your mom feels better @climbingsingle

Welp, 2022 is continuing its streak of being the worst. Yesterday I was super tired but I chalked it up to hiking four days in a row. I was also crazy thirsty which is not normal in winter for me. I woke up in the middle of the night with a really sore throat and so this morning I got to work and rapid tested myself and it was fucking positive. How? I’m so confused and annoyed. 
    My sister is livid. His doctor didn’t want him to go to the ER in the first place because of risk of getting Covid on top of this and now he should be admitted and they really don’t want to do that either. It’s sucks. 

That’s how my test went. Initially tested negative on the PCR then a few days later positive on the antigen test. 
  • @VarunaTT, glad to hear you are feeling better!

@charlotte989875, good luck to your BIL.  It's infuriating he can't get the care he needs, smh.  I don't blame the hospitals.  I know they are doing the best they can.  

@climbingsingle, I hope your mom starts feeling better and I'm sorry to hear she tested positive.

@levioosa, I'm sorry to hear you tested positive.  I hope you it's mild and your symptoms don't get worse.  

My updates.  After all the angst and PO'ing me off.  The tenant I've been complaining about did pay for the rest of Dec. and the first half of Jan. yesterday.

Unfortunately, we're having problems again with our "mini nursing home" master tenant.  She's questioned us twice over the last two months with "shock and appall" as to why her balance is so high.  But, of course, she waits until we are literally about to file for an eviction the next day.  Her Pay or Quit notices clearly outline what is owed and so do the text messages we send her.

It's all just games.  She may not keep precise track of how much money she owes us, but she knows her rents aren't paid up or even close to it.  I wouldn't be surprised if she is too lazy to do any real bookkeeping.  Too bad for her that I'm a numbers gal, I keep track of everything, and my bookkeeping is outstanding.

To nip her current and future bs in the bud, I sat down today and spent an hour creating an Excel document just for her.  The problems started in September 2021.  The first tab is the total for all her units with all the charges and payments made from the beginning of Sept through tomorrow.  Then there is a tab for the accounting and payment distributions for each individual unit.  Bolded and highlighted each total in red.  PDF'ed it and sent it off.

And I will continue to send her that updated file, any time there is a major change...like a payment or new rents due...until she is caught up.

I don't mind when tenants want to ask me questions.  But don't EVER blindly question my numbers, like I'm lying and making stuff up, if they can't even be bothered to figure it out themselves and then come to me with a specific concern.

I'm not doing anything this weekend.  I still think I might be positive, even though my test was negative.  So I'm trying to stay away from people.  NOLA issued a mask mandate again on Wednesday.  Though I've been wearing one around the office anyway and upgraded myself from cloth to a KN95, when I found out I'd been exposed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy I thought about you today when I tested positive. Yesterday I was insanely thirsty. I had probably 150+ oz of water and I could not feel satiated. I finally gave up because I knew I was hydrated. I haven’t checked my BGL and I’m not diabetic, but I’m wondering if my glucose was spiking high and that’s why I was experiencing the thirst. 

• Ughhh I'm sorry @levioosa...hoping your symptoms are mild
  • @levioosa I'm so sorry.  The symptoms really seem to run the gamut for those I know who have had it.  A good friend who is vaxxed and boosted can hardly sleep due to the cough and she's had it pretty much since the year started. 

@ei34 I haven't set up the site yet.  We may have to rush through that since we're new to GS this year and her troop leader cancelled the meeting this week. 
  • levioosa said:
    @short+sassy I thought about you today when I tested positive. Yesterday I was insanely thirsty. I had probably 150+ oz of water and I could not feel satiated. I finally gave up because I knew I was hydrated. I haven’t checked my BGL and I’m not diabetic, but I’m wondering if my glucose was spiking high and that’s why I was experiencing the thirst. 
    I could see that.  For a non-diabetic person, when their sugars go up, their bodies release more insulin.  But sometimes our bodies can only do so much!  Especially if blood sugars are skyrocketing and cortisol is causing a person's own insulin to become less effective.

I'm remembering the days before I was diagnosed.  The constant thirst that could never be satisfied was unreal.  At one point, I had started to think about buying a cooler that could be run off my car's cigarette lighter so I could constantly have even more cold drinks around me. 

I mainly first went to the doctor because I was exhausted, no matter what I did or how much sleep I got.  But, since I was there, I told him about some of the other "off" things that had been happening.  Like being thirsty all the time.  After I was diagnosed and knew what the symptoms were, I laughed.  Because I realized I was practically reading down that list when I met with him.  He didn't say anything in that visit, but he must have known.  He waited until the next day, after they had run some of my bloodwork to confirm. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Prayers for your BIL @charlotte989875. Hope he recovers quickly. Yay for sleeping babies. @levioosa hope your symptoms are mild.

I hate Indiana at the moment - never been wild about it. On top of all the idiocy about no mask mandates and low vaccination rate among the general public, the legislature is now voting on a bill that lets parents basically tell teachers how to teach their children. If a parent doesn't like the teacher's lesson plans, the teacher would have to create a different one for that student. How absurd is that??? I taught in an elementary school and have many teacher friends. No wonder people don't go into teaching anymore. If parents want that much control over their kids' curriculum, they should homeschool!
  • Prayers for your BIL @charlotte989875. Hope he recovers quickly. Yay for sleeping babies. @levioosa hope your symptoms are mild.

I hate Indiana at the moment - never been wild about it. On top of all the idiocy about no mask mandates and low vaccination rate among the general public, the legislature is now voting on a bill that lets parents basically tell teachers how to teach their children. If a parent doesn't like the teacher's lesson plans, the teacher would have to create a different one for that student. How absurd is that??? I taught in an elementary school and have many teacher friends. No wonder people don't go into teaching anymore. If parents want that much control over their kids' curriculum, they should homeschool!
    The author of the bill was my HS principal. I cannot. 

My younger sister is already on her way out of education.  She's hoping to parlay her teaching experience and her certificate she's working on into an HR or corporate training position. 
  • I have a sinus headache and am tired - M could sleep so he got pissy and kept doing things that would wake me.

Anyways I have zero motivation so I'm watching Foamy the Squirrel on youtube and I'm stoked to have found it.
    I introduced my coworker to Llamas with Hats lol 
  • I have a sinus headache and am tired - M could sleep so he got pissy and kept doing things that would wake me.

Anyways I have zero motivation so I'm watching Foamy the Squirrel on youtube and I'm stoked to have found it.
    “I was hungry for hands, gimme a break” 
  • I have discovered Centaur World.  It's one of the most bizarre series I've ever watched. The earnestness of Steven Universe, the weird creeps of the Teletubbies, and the gayest cartoon I've ever seen.  

Highly recommend.  Bonus recommendation: watch while baking.

:smiley:

“I was hungry for hands, gimme a break” 
    "Caaaarrrrlllll that's how people die!"
    "Oh. I had no idea"
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2022
    I take it we’re all having trouble starting a new discussion?
    edit n/m it works now