Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Shoes

Hi!
My bridesmaids are wearing different colored dresses and different style dresses that are all the same material. I don’t know what color shoe they should wear. The color scheme is rosey sunset, which looks like the picture attached. One will be wearing a cabernet color dress, another will be wearing rusty rose colored, another will be wearing blush, and my maid of honor will be wearing peach. I’m having them wear gold jewelry, so should they wear gold shoes? My ideas were gold, white, or nude. Let me know!

Re: Shoes

• Options
    Hi!
    My bridesmaids are wearing different colored dresses and different style dresses that are all the same material. I don’t know what color shoe they should wear. The color scheme is rosey sunset, which looks like the picture attached. One will be wearing a cabernet color dress, another will be wearing rusty rose colored, another will be wearing blush, and my maid of honor will be wearing peach. I’m having them wear gold jewelry, so should they wear gold shoes? My ideas were gold, white, or nude. Let me know!

I wouldn’t bother with this- let them wear whatever shoes they want. Even the dresses are short and shoes can be seen, I promise you’re not going to look at photos and care what color shoes people are wearing. They’re adults they can pick shoes they think are comfortable and matches the color of their dress! 
  • Options
    I'd let them pick out their own shoes in whatever color they want. 
  • Options
    Shoes are a very personal thing for fit and comfort, so you should let them choose their own shoes. They will not be a thing that will be noticed. I'd even go so far as to say you're pushing it by dictating what color jewelry they should wear; they're your individual family and friends, you should let them be individuals and make their own choices on the details.
  • Options
    Add me in that it goes SO MUCH better when they pick. 

I was assigned shoes when I was in a wedding in a full length dress.  They were fine but weren't what I would have chosen and they hurt my goes to the point that I knew I'd have blisters, bought moleskin in advance and EVERYONE in the bridal party hit me up to tape their toes because they hurt before we walked down the aisle. 

• Options
    Give them a few different color options and then let them pick the actual shoes themselves. If that means one person is in white pumps and another is in gold wedges and yet another is in nude flats, so be it. Having had foot problems all my life, I can tell you it's much better to let people decide for themselves what is comfortable on their own feet. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I would let them pick their own style, exact shoe but have no problem with you giving them a color. I personally wouldn't say white because I really don't wear white shoes except casual sandals. I'd want it to be a shoe that can be worn again.
  • Options
    MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2022
    Let them pick their own style and coordinating color with their dress.  As others have mentioned and want you to think about for a moment - have you ever worn a pair of shoes that doesn't fit your feet (either too narrow/wide/long/short), now imagine doing so for 12+ hours as that's about how long your BM are being asked to wear said shoes.  Please allow them to choose their on their own with the simple request that it coordinate with their dress and something they can comfortably wear for the full day.  
  • Options
    To clarify, I’m letting them pick whatever shoe they want to wear so they are comfy, I just thought I should tell them what color to wear or or different colors to different people to make sure everything comes together nicely in pictures
  • Options
    To clarify, I’m letting them pick whatever shoe they want to wear so they are comfy, I just thought I should tell them what color to wear or or different colors to different people to make sure everything comes together nicely in pictures
    Why don't you poll them to see what they have in their closets already. If everyone has, say for example, nude shoes that they'd feel comfortable wearing, then that could be fine. However, if you're going to ask people to buy new shoes in a specific color just for your wedding, you should offer to pay for that.