Wedding Woes
Options

Almost there!

This is my "Friday", but doesn't feel like it.  I won't be at work tomorrow, but that is because I am getting fasting bloodwork in the morning for my doctor's appointment the next Friday.

My usual Costco scanning after work today and I'll finish that up after my doctor's appointment tomorrow.  I want to go the bank at lunch, but it depends on the weather.  It's supposed to drop 20 degrees this morning to just above freezing, along with torrential rain.  All of that just sounds terrible.

I found out today they want me to train someone on one of the jobs I do, for occasions when I'll be out of the office.  It's so long and slow to train people (sigh).  But I've been in touch with that employee and we are going to start next week.

I went to Walmart last night to pick up prescriptions and did some shopping.  I impulsively bought a bidet, lol!  I'd been planning to buy one off Amazon someday, but then they had some on an end cap.  I checked the reviews on Amazon for that brand and they were great.  Walmart was also $8 cheaper, so score.  For any of you who have the Ibotta app, there is an offer for a free Red Baron pizza right now.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Almost there!

• Options
    BK went to SFIL place yesterday. Originally it was because she was to have her allergy appt but we canceled and M wants to talk to him.
    She has so much fun and it was a nice change from her being home {with weather and busy schedules, my mum hasn't watched her much recently but she's going tomorrow}

M & I were originally debating on getting a dymon storage locker for stuff we wanna keep but just need out of the house, but pricing is just not a thing right now.
    So we're going to purge our stuff and see how much it helps.
    Ideally we purge a lot.

It's so insane how much crap one can amass over a long time :\ 

Also really want warm weather .... so tired of winter.

Round 3 of drivers test is next Wednesday :\ 
  • Options
    YAY @charlotte989875! I'm glad you're on an upswing after the last month+ for y'all.  It's been a long one.  
  • Options
    I woke up this morning almost congestion free whoot!!  Hoping this means I'm finally turning the corner.  

Well, my rapid came back as positive still yesterday.  I'm trying to schedule one for Sunday, but the fact is that I might be positive for awhile. Work has yet to respond as to what they want me to do about that.  Previously they told me that I had to have a negative to come back.  However, as we all know, my workplace is a trash fire and there is no "policy" that is not changeable.

My family is getting a rather brutal lesson in "Varuna has been to therapy and worked on herself".  Obviously, lots of patterns come from childhood interactions.  I can very much see where things that haven't served me well came from my family dynamics.  There's a group chat with my grandmother (who raised me and i call mom) and my aunt.  There have been all sort of boundaries being drawn on them in this group chat and they are CHAFING.  I have very kindly pointed out that 1.  I'm sharing information as requested, not asking for advice, 2. I am a professional and have worked in my office for 5 years, I know what I'm doing, and again did not ask for advice and 3. I will not be reporting every single medical interaction.  Plus some other smaller stuff.  My mother and I have a far closer relationship; she's getting a lot better with this and takes it a lot better.  However, my aunt and I do NOT have the relationship she thinks we do and her energy feels super pissed right now.  Oh well.

Otherwise, SSDD.  I'm going to try and work on one of m paper models today and finish the last little bit of organizing I've been working on to fill time.  My apartment is so super organized right now, it's almost funny,
  • Options
    We got a bidet a couple years ago just before the Covid TP shortage and I haven't looked back.  I'm a big fan however I will say there can be some spray on the top of the seat so you will want to watch for that to wipe away!

The morning started off as rain that changed to snow.  No one is home and it feels serene here!

I FINALLY got the digital cookie site up for Chiquita and need to get a photo and video added so she can get the messages out to her people.  

Chiquita is making me CRAZY with how messy she is.  I swear she will drop a wrapper from food while she's eating it and I can hardly see any wood on her floor.  I know a chunk of my Saturday will involve going into her room with a giant garbage bag to throw things out in the hopes of helping her declutter and organize.  I've taken away screens and instead she comes up with projects to do instead of cleaning.  This is one of the more frustrating traits she has. 
  • Options
    Ugh @VarunaTT. I have an aunt that likes to be 'familiar' when we're not that close.  She does it to my sisters and me.  It's so annoying.  She also get sensitive when we draw lines.  We haven't had to do it in awhile, but I'm always ready for it.  

But yay feeling better.  And keep milking the 'negative or no return' policy as long as possible.  Fuck them.  LOL 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Ugh @VarunaTT. I have an aunt that likes to be 'familiar' when we're not that close.  She does it to my sisters and me.  It's so annoying.  She also get sensitive when we draw lines.  We haven't had to do it in awhile, but I'm always ready for it.  

But yay feeling better.  And keep milking the 'negative or no return' policy as long as possible.  Fuck them.  LOL 
    This relationship is going through a rather brutal change and I'm not sure how it plays out.  Aunt is grandmothers biological daughter that was given up for adoption and is technically my half aunt.  Through story that doesn't matter here, aunt found us in her 20s.  However, she kept us secret from her adoptive parents.  We are very used to being the "secret".  Her adoptive parents both passed about 2 years ago now and her adoptive brother had passed in a tragic accident years ago  She has been much more active in our family dynamic since then.  However, she's somewhat bulldozing her way in and it's not going very well for anyone.  She also has been going through a very personally tough time, so she was probably given some leeway that wouldn't have normally been allowed.  Finally, she doesn't seem to see me as an adult.  I've had this conversation with her previously and didn't seem to be getting through until I pointed out I was older than my aunt's wife.  That seemed to slap her around a bit, but it hasn't stuck.  While the 3 of us do have very similar personalities and behaviors (nature) there are some VERY significant differences (nurture) that have shocked my mother and me. She absolutely has been there for me during the really hard time I was in, but I'm learning that comes with strings.  We'll see how it all shakes out.
  • Options
    I'm cold and I'm tired. Still not motivated for much work.  I feel like I just need a week off to do nothing but since I have vacation time scheduled for Feb when I take DS to FL that won't happen. Too bad the FL trip is never like a vacation and sharing a room with DS = no sleep.  

Had a good chat with one of the teachers at daycare. I've never gotten a friendly vibe from her but she did help recently when DS has not wanted me to leave and I think we got on a good understanding that when it happens I just need her to take him even if he's crying. 
  • Options
    @banana468 is it the kind you can remove? We've considered it but I wanna be able to remove it or not use it for BK
  • Options
    @banana468 is it the kind you can remove? We've considered it but I wanna be able to remove it or not use it for BK
    It's not easy to remove as it has hardware BUT it's not required use either.  I mean, I don't use it for #1 and for your BK, you'll likely be in there with her for her trips for the foreseeable future.   My kids are older but know not to use it.  
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    It's not easy to remove as it has hardware BUT it's not required use either.  I mean, I don't use it for #1 and for your BK, you'll likely be in there with her for her trips for the foreseeable future.   My kids are older but know not to use it.  
    Ahh okay.
  • Options
    Yay for the long weekends @short+sassy and @mrsconn23 (happy early birthday!)
    Glad you feel a bit better today @VarunaTT
    Rain-turned-snow here too @banana468
    Very ssdd here.  Almost Friday, woo
  • Options
    Happy cold, wet Thursday. I've been thinking about the bidet thing too. My sister got everyone one for Christmas in 2019 (family joke is that she knew the TP shortage was coming.) DH has been reluctant to install thinking it might leak, but I really want to now that we've finally finished the bathroom. Maybe I'll do it this weekend while he's not looking. 
  • Options
    Happy cold, wet Thursday. I've been thinking about the bidet thing too. My sister got everyone one for Christmas in 2019 (family joke is that she knew the TP shortage was coming.) DH has been reluctant to install thinking it might leak, but I really want to now that we've finally finished the bathroom. Maybe I'll do it this weekend while he's not looking. 
    Did she get a model that is notorious for leaking?  I mean, your toilet could leak too but that's not a reason to avoid using it...
  • Options
    I haven't checked specific reviews; I haven't even looked at it since we moved and put it in the storage closet. My H gets fixated on things sometimes; he heard one story of one leaking, but it was the only story he's ever heard about a bidet, so now he thinks they're known to leak. 
  • Options
    I’ve been thinking about the bidet for awhile now too! Any recs? i’ve only heard good about it.
    @VarunaTT, I’d be interested in seeing what the office policy is for you too, and if suddenly they change their minds and don’t care if your testing positive still.
    @MissKittyDanger, coming up fast! GL on that test.

My back is finally getting a liiiiiiittle bit bettter.  I’m hoping by the weekend it’ll be manageable to go out and have some fun since I have some meetups booked. Last night I finished S2 of Yellowstone, hope to start 3 tonight. 

• Options
    Also @MyNameIsNot you could buy a leak detector.  We have one in the basement JIC after the fiasco with our last boiler. 
  • Options
    I’ve been thinking about the bidet for awhile now too! Any recs? i’ve only heard good about it.
    @VarunaTT, I’d be interested in seeing what the office policy is for you too, and if suddenly they change their minds and don’t care if your testing positive still.
    @MissKittyDanger, coming up fast! GL on that test.

My back is finally getting a liiiiiiittle bit bettter.  I’m hoping by the weekend it’ll be manageable to go out and have some fun since I have some meetups booked. Last night I finished S2 of Yellowstone, hope to start 3 tonight. 
    This is the one I got yesterday:

LUXE Bidet Neo 120 - Self Cleaning Nozzle - Fresh Water Non-Electric Mechanical Bidet Toilet Attachment (blue and white) - - Amazon.com

Over 40K Amazon reviews with a 4.5/5 stars.  But it's $29.97 at Walmart, instead of $38.95 on Amazon.

We haven't installed it yet, but I'll let y'all know.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @banana468 you’ve mentioned a few things recently about Chiquita having a lot of clutter/inability to focus/some other things. Have you ever had her evaluated for ADHD? It can look different in girls and often gets missed. 

Home through the week and just on the struggle bus to feel better, which is happening very gradually. As of yesterday I was sure a rapid would come back positive. Today I feel a little better. I was willing to go into work tomorrow but my manager told me to stay home until Monday so I’ll do that. What a rough start to the year. I have an appointment with my favorite provider today for clearance to go back on Monday. I just hope I don’t push her over the edge. She is ready to quit and she’s scared. She’s older and a cancer survivor so COVID has really freaked her out and I talked to her the day before I tested positive although I did have an N95 plus a surgical mask on. 

• Options
    levioosa said:
    @banana468 you’ve mentioned a few things recently about Chiquita having a lot of clutter/inability to focus/some other things. Have you ever had her evaluated for ADHD? It can look different in girls and often gets missed. 

Home through the week and just on the struggle bus to feel better, which is happening very gradually. As of yesterday I was sure a rapid would come back positive. Today I feel a little better. I was willing to go into work tomorrow but my manager told me to stay home until Monday so I’ll do that. What a rough start to the year. I have an appointment with my favorite provider today for clearance to go back on Monday. I just hope I don’t push her over the edge. She is ready to quit and she’s scared. She’s older and a cancer survivor so COVID has really freaked her out and I talked to her the day before I tested positive although I did have an N95 plus a surgical mask on. 
    I did bring up some of her issues with her last pedi and they didn't think it warranted further examination but I'll likely bring it up again.

I hem and haw that some of this is likely the result of her small room and some is also inherited.  If you see H's desk it's....bad.  It's superbad without the McLovin.  So I'm really trying to walk the line in this.  

When she's on she's ON.  Like - she's working on a project about a pangolin and she's super pumped and focused.  When I say I need to go into her room with a bag, I need to toss the stuff that I think no one wants and no one will use.  There's an old breast pump in her closet! 
  • Options
    @VarunaTT you can test positive for Covid for 90 days after you no longer have the virus. A friend of mine had it over the summer. In September she was in an accident and by protocol the hospital tested her. She came back positive. Her doctor had warned her about that possibility. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    levioosa said:

I did bring up some of her issues with her last pedi and they didn't think it warranted further examination but I'll likely bring it up again.

I hem and haw that some of this is likely the result of her small room and some is also inherited.  If you see H's desk it's....bad.  It's superbad without the McLovin.  So I'm really trying to walk the line in this.  

When she's on she's ON.  Like - she's working on a project about a pangolin and she's super pumped and focused.  When I say I need to go into her room with a bag, I need to toss the stuff that I think no one wants and no one will use.  There's an old breast pump in her closet! 
    I saw a documentary about pangolins a few years ago.  Before watching it, I'd always think, "What a weird looking animal."  But after it, I just loved them.  They seem like really sweet and shy animals.  Now I think their funny little walk and mannerisms are adorable.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    levioosa said:

I saw a documentary about pangolins a few years ago.  Before watching it, I'd always think, "What a weird looking animal."  But after it, I just loved them.  They seem like really sweet and shy animals.  Now I think their funny little walk and mannerisms are adorable.  
    She's been BEGGING us to adopt one through the WWF which would get her a stuffed one.

DH just 3D printed one for her and his copper filament arrives Saturday so she may get one in color (the one he did is white). 
  • Options
    Weird question, does anyone here do scrapbooking?

I'm considering getting into it.
    Kinda started thinking about it in such a weird way ...

Last night I found a tuft of Angel's fur, and I want to keep it but I wanna keep it special. M suggested like a frame or pendant kind of idea. I thought scrapbooking because then I could do a little page about him with the fur.

Idk what I'm doing ....
  • Options
    banana468 said: 
    She's been BEGGING us to adopt one through the WWF which would get her a stuffed one.

DH just 3D printed one for her and his copper filament arrives Saturday so she may get one in color (the one he did is white). 
    Oh, that's funny!  We get WWF commercials down here all the time, but they have never focused on a pangolin.

Ours are always either a tiger or elephant or polar bear.  Polar bears have been the animal du jour for their commercials lately.

My H and I always laugh when they say "symbolically adopt" and the fine print disclaimer that's basically "we aren't sending you a REAL polar bear cub".
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @banana468 That is a spot on description of hyperfocus and is another common trait of ADHA.  It's like tunnel vision for normal people, but even powered up higher.

I did know that I could test positive after for a long time.  This is something I was worried about at work.  I did talk to a co-worker b/c of an emergency and she said something about "we don't know when you'll be back".  Which sounds like no back until negative, but surely to all that is holy, they won't stick to that past a certain time.  I did outline a plan that would let me work at the office but be quarantined.  Still no official response though; they might be waiting until I retake on Sunday.  Also, (whiny) I don't want to have to stick something up my nose every damn week or more often to go back to work.  Okay, that's out. 

:smiley:
  • Options
    I'll likely pursue this further with her pedi for her next visit.  The good news is that she is often scholastically focused but I want her to be set up for success especially since her classes are going to get more challenging.