Wedding Woes

Tuesday!

How’s everyone today? Baby M slept, I ran this morning, tentatively optimistic about today. He’s 18 months today and that *feels* big to me. Picture below for some (not such a baby anymore) cuteness. 

Re: Tuesday!

• What a sweetie!! I'm glad he slept for you!

Work was busier yesterday than it has been in months and it was nice. Have a few itmes to finish up today and then should have a slow couple days again before the CEO wants to change everything at the last minute *eye roll*.  Happens every quarter.

We really need to start sleep training N.  Neither of us are getting any sleep and we need it.  G slept til 7am this morning though, which rarely happens!  Glad we had a couple weeks of me WFH before I have to go back to the office next week and mornings get a little more hectic.  
  • Such a sweetie @charlotte989875 he really smiles with his whole body

There's been some work mayhem brewing, frustrating considering it's not even related to actual educating, just a ridiculous administrative shift that's driving us all crazy.  Otherwise pretty SSDD.
  • He's just so cute! 

My night sucked. My migraine was so bad last night that I had to take a pain pill. I tried half at first, and it didn't even completely take it away. I finally took the other half a while later and it helped, but I slept like shit. I still have what I call a migraine hangover today - not as bad, but still in pain. And my teeth actually hurt. 

I have a long day ahead of me and I just so badly want to be back in bed. Ugh. 
  • Good morning!

I'm entering today w/ mixed feelings about our governor's announcement to stop masking in schools as of the end of the month.  There are so many mixed opinions out there and I wish this was happening maybe 6 week later when it would be warmer.

I'm also really annoyed and loathe the phrase, "I know what's best for my kids."  It's turned into the dog whistle of arrogant parents who don't support their government at multiple levels. 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2022
    Eeeeeek @charlotte989875, cuteness overload! Glad he slept well for you!
    @climbingsingle that’s the worst.  Hope the day rushes for you and maybe a nap could be in order? 

Tonight is a trivia meetup.  Only 4 on our team.  Hope we’re good 🤞🏻 This is the same meetup where the leader started a “send me $25 and it’ll go to the portion of your tab, and then you can zelle me whatever’s left to pay”, which I was cool with - but then she changed it to family style last minute.. mostly pasta dishes (not a fan) for $35 each then.  So I ducked out. I didn’t even go to the event with her afterwards either… I’m sure she remembers me.  Oh well. She kept on saying “but it’s all you can eat and really good!”  I told her I was a sleeve patient who can’t eat $35 worth and shouldn’t eat carbs and she said she understood.  Buffets and all you can eat don’t entice me in the least anymore.

eta words

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2022
    Morning!  
    @charlotte989875,  OMG he's SO CUTE.  I want to pinch those cheeks and tickle his toes.  
    @climbingsingle, boo to your migraine.  That sucks.  I hope you can rest at some point today. 

I got invited by my boss to a meeting with marketing because he wanted my expertise on some things.  I also got some questions answered and new info to share with my team. Wahoo. 

Last night, we watched Sunday's episode of Righteous Gemstones and I just love that ridiculous show.  Amber (the redhead, Jesse's wife) is quickly becoming my favorite character on the show.  

Also, I watched episode 6 of the most recent season of Ozark.  It was probably my favorite of the whole series. It gets to the end and the director was Robin Wright.  It made me so happy.  She's a very talented director, so I'm loving that she's doing stuff like Ozark.  She did some great episodes on House of Cards (still so bitter about Spacey and how all that went down, ugh).  I can't wait for episode 7 tonight.  I let DH go ahead and finish without me while I was gone, so of course I tell him I loved 6 so much and he's all, "Wait until 7!"  Jerk.  LOL  He said he'll rewatch it with me.  

SSDD otherwise.  It's supposed to get into the 40's today, so snowmelt is going to make it very messy. 
  • @mrsconn23 no spoilers please! We watched ep 5 in Ozark yesterday and now need to get through those last two episodes to be current. 

We're also watching the Kristen Bell show on Netflix (the woman in the house across the street.....) and have been liking it too.  I heard good things about Righteous Gemstones so maybe that'll be on our list soon.  I'm counting the days until Mrs. Maisel is back too.  
  • I can’t keep up with the TV shows!!!!

i also got paramount + the other day.  Queen pins. Why woman kill. And 1883. But also, I didn’t know it had the Smithsonian channel shows (Ariel America) so I’m kinda geeking out that I have access to most my fave channels sans cable. 

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2022
    @banana468, no spoilers at all.  DH didn't spoil anything.  Just won't stop saying, "wait until 7!"  Again, jerk.  LOL

I do want to see that Kristen Bell show.  Also, Murderville on Netflix is freaking hilarious.  It's Will Arnett playing this detective with a whole supporting cast and then there's guest star that doesn't have a script and literally has to react to what everyone on the show is saying and doing.  The episode with Marshawn Lynch had us rolling. 

I feel you on 'too much TV and not enough time' @CharmedPam. I have season 2 of Sweet Magnolias to watch.  I'm several episodes behind on Grey's and have not watched the last two episodes of This Is Us yet.  

DH is watching Yellowstone and 1883.  He wants me to watch with him, but I only drop in from time to time.  I find them entertaining, but I'm not wanting to commit to more TV.  Ha.  Aerial America is a great Sunday morning show to watch while you sip coffee and wake up.  We'll watch that, or some sort of travel show on Sunday mornings as we're lazily deciding what to do for the day. 
  • We finished ep 5 of Ozark last night too, so excited to watch the rest! We also started watching "Single Drunk Female" and I really love it.  I hope it makes it a few seasons at least!

Also, I have an interview on Friday morning!  I'm kinda freaking out bc its been awhile and i have been ghosted by the last few hiring managers i've met with.  I need to read up on the company a little more and brush up on answering questions about the one I currently work for!  

Has anyone found a teeth whitening product that truly doesn't aggravate or cause sensitivity?  I've used whitestrips before and they're effective, but last time i tried my two front teeth didnt' react well.  I see ads all the time for the blue light type things, but am skeptical of everything. 
  • I wrote a long post twice yesterday but lost them - such was my day.  We had some work havoc in the morning that is somewhat resolved but so frustrating.  I was teaching online in the afternoon and I got an alert from our doorbell cam, then the doorbell rang.  I finished the class (only 5 mins left) and went out to find flowers on the front step.  My boss had sent them!  It was a super nice surprise.

She also told me this morning that I'm approved to go to a conference this fall in Orlando.  Yay!  But I received an email survey Friday from the conference organizers that indicated they may go all virtual sessions.  I'm not interested in doing that this year.  So we'll wait and see what happens.  DH might go along depending on airfare.

Cleaning crew comes tomorrow morning so we have some picking up to do tonight and I need to figure out something for dinner.

Weekend was good. We had brunch on Sunday with friends from out of town.  Always so good to see them.  The husband came over later on Sunday to help DH install a keypad for our garage door.  I guess I didn't realize how easy they were to install - very similar to programing an additional remote or I would have done it sooner.

@charlotte989875 - What a cutie!
    @climbingsingle - hope the migraine hangover resolves.

• My last day of work until vacation!  Of course, it's been an overwhelming and really stressful one.  I'm just so over it.

I got half my packing done last night.  Which is impressive for me, lol.  We might need to go two suitcases, which my H might throw a fit about.  Or at least one suitcase and a carry-on, plus my large tote.  But we will be gone for 10 days and won't have access to a washer/dryer until Day 8.  So that's a lot of clothes and accoutrements for two people. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Casadena - Good Luck on your interview!
    @CharmedPam & @mrsconn23 - So much TV and so little time lol
    @short+sassy - We would definitely need 2 suitcases plus a carry-on for 10 days and no laundry!  

• My last day of work until vacation!  Of course, it's been an overwhelming and really stressful one.  I'm just so over it.

I got half my packing done last night.  Which is impressive for me, lol.  We might need to go two suitcases, which my H might throw a fit about.  Or at least one suitcase and a carry-on, plus my large tote.  But we will be gone for 10 days and won't have access to a washer/dryer until Day 8.  So that's a lot of clothes and accoutrements for two people. 
    I’m an aggressively light packer (like, a tote bag for 10 days) but to me 2 people = 2 bags and it’s up to each of you how big your bag is. 
  • Today was a Varuna is losing her shit day.

Called into the STD, they are supposed to call back to confirm the status and make sure there's nothing else they need.  There's not supposed to be.  Send me my money that I pay for, dammit!!!

Totally lost it on someone on the phone.  Basically, person on other end was arguing with me and they were wrong, so wrong, are going to be wrong and on top of that. I've been calling said person for WEEKS, trying to figure out what the issue was.  And the issue is that THEY'RE SO WRONG.

I'm also sleepy.  I'm trying to shift my sleep schedule.  It's going okay, but it is hard at some points to do this.  **yawn**
  • Have a wonderful trip @short+sassy!

I’m an aggressively light packer (like, a tote bag for 10 days) but to me 2 people = 2 bags and it’s up to each of you how big your bag is. 
    He's a pretty light packer also, which is why he will playfully side-eye me when I tell him one suitcase is not enough.  And I'm not too bad either, probably about average.  But half our suitcase is already filled with just my clothes and that's not even all of them yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We definitely each have a suitcase.  But if we are flying, we'll put half of each of our clothes in each one.  Just in case one case is delayed.

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2022
    levioosa said:
    I cannot identify with you light packers. I perpetually over pack. It’s like I’m genetically unable to pack light. I’ve traveled so much you think I would be down with the system. Nope. Looks like I’ll be packing 12 pairs of underwear for a four day trip just in case I somehow shit myself three times a day. 
    Ditto! It’s why I usually fly SW airlines with 2 free bags per person.  I want to make outfit choices when I’m at my destination.  Not 7 days before. 
    I also overpack underwear.  I’m always like “what if I have SO much fun I pee my pants laughing so hard?”
    Me, usually on vacation:

• I'm also a chronic overpacker. I cannot pack light. I need options. 
  • I'm not typically a light packer, but I carried on for my recent trip to Mexico.   I had a bookbag and my suitcase.  I packed and repacked about 4 times.  I still had too many tops and an extra dress.  It helped that we literally planned on being poolside or on the beach every day and didn't plan to leave the resort.  It did make me want to challenge myself for my next trip, but we'll see.  It depends on what we have planned.  
  • I’m a mix, a light packer with the exception as @levioosa mentioned being undies. Who knows when I’ll suddenly need 5 pairs in one day??
  • ei34 said:
    I’m a mix, a light packer with the exception as @levioosa mentioned being undies. Who knows when I’ll suddenly need 5 pairs in one day??
    In our underwear packing defense my coworker recently took a trip abroad and developed a nasty case of food poisoning after eating at a food cart. She said she was glad she packed extra underwear. Lol

• I am not a light packer.  Last summer I did wear most of my things including underwear.  Two weeks makes you go through a lot!
  • @charlotte989875 he is such a cutie pie! 

Weird, I just lost my post. Well it just said how exhausted I am after running around with 3 little boys under 4 today. We baked snickerdoodles this morning. Luckily they all took naps this afternoon (the twins are on the brink of giving up naps) so H and I could catch our breath. H cooked dinner and took the older two on a walk. 

As for packing, I use to be a light packer. Then a few years ago, we went somewhere and I didn't have enough clothes (except underwear, lol). Now I overcompensate. I, too, like to have choices for outfits in situ, Pam.