Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Mid Length Dresses

My fiancé and I plan on eloping, and therefore I don't want a long formal dress. We want to have a photographer take pictures of us signing the wedding license, going for a hike/walk, and having a fancy dinner. I'm having trouble finding mid-length dresses! Does anyone have advice for web sites or types of boutiques I could look for?

We live in Denver but have family in Pennsylvania and Virginia (can go dress shopping there).

Re: Mid Length Dresses

• Options
    I'd start by looking up "tea length wedding gowns" and then back into the gowns you find on websites and then look up retailers that sell them.

David's Bridal is a chain with several options:
    https://www.davidsbridal.com/tea-length-wedding-dresses 

Otherwise I'd also look at department stores for white cocktail dresses. 
  • Options
    I agree with banana. Look at department stores in their formal areas not bridal areas. Nordstrom, Sachs, Macy's and Von Maur are all good options as are other regional department stores.
  • Options
    Also try Modcloth and BHLDN (the Anthropologie bridal shop).
  • Options
    One of the dresses I wore at my wedding was a tea length Jessica McClintock prom dress.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Thanks everyone! I hadn't thought to check Department stores!

Is there any way to create the classic wedding dress shopping with friends/family with mid-length?
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I hadn't thought to check Department stores!

Is there any way to create the classic wedding dress shopping with friends/family with mid-length?
    Many of the high end department stores have a seating area near or in their fitting room. They won't be huge, so you would probably need to keep your group small.