Wedding Woes
Options

Friday

I went home early on Wednesday and stayed home yesterday b/c of the weather.  Of course, most of the entire city shut down b/c of the ice on the ground, but not my office!!  I know they just want us to burn our PTO and I think it's shitty AF, but I'm tired of this place and concentrate on myself.  So I did what I thought was best for me and they can suck it.

Tomorrow is my bday.  I'm dropping off my car in the morning to get new brakes (hopefully it's not too expensive, this is my first time with this vehicle and it's all wheel drive, so I'm kind of holding my breath), going out to breakfast with a friend, then getting my hair done, though I haven't decided between the bouffant or finger waves, then hanging out with my friend/hairdresser b/c it's their first drag performance that night and I'm helping them get ready/stay calm, then off to the show.  Somewhere in there I'm going to need to take a nap, b/c starting the party at 8 pm is going to be a thing.  I've already stated I am allowed to tap out whenever I want.   Sunday will be dinner with my family, which will be nice.  I haven't seen them for months; I had covid, then my father got covid, so it's been awhile.

Pics of previous bouffant:

Re: Friday

• Options
    @VarunaTT 2 things
    1 - love your hair!
    2 - damn! you look amazing :) Great shots
  • Options
    I'm seeing my 2 BFF's tomorrow night. It does make it a tad chaotic of a day but I think we have a plan and it should run smoothly.

BK has dance at 9am, so M is going to take her - I'm going to run to do groceries as I have to do 2 places {Walmart I'm doing pick up so I'm only going INTO 1 store}
    Then M is going to visit his grampa around 11:30 - SFIL is picking him up.
    Depending on things, I may let BK skip nap and we just watch a movie but then I'm going to my friend's place for about 4:30 - still unknown if I'm driving or M's dropping me off.

M & I are also in talks about me getting a vehicle sooner than later - Chevy Spark.
    I can BARELY afford it right now with BK's school but with the way deliveries are, I may just bite the bullet and get it sooner because next route could be too late. With gas prices and deliveries, it's half why I want to just get one when they come in.
    I have a list of questions anyways

Also I think I bruised the muscle by my thumb? Idk. Yesterday I thought it was tight muscle and now it hurts as if it's bruised.
  • Options
    Happy @VarunaTT day tomorrow!!  I love your hair!!  <3  Also, I'm crossing my crossables on the brake job.  I'm thankful every damn day that DH knows how to do brakes because I know how utterly stupid expensive it can be to get them done at a shop.  Have a great weekend and savor that family time.  

I have to work tomorrow.  Womp, womp.  Sunday DefConn has a bday party for a Scouts kid.  We're going to be in the area of good friends of ours, so I'm hoping we can see them after the party.  

DH got his booster yesterday.  He's WAH today.  He's tired, but I think he feels better than he expected.  

I can't believe it's already the end of Feb.  
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2022
    OMG I LOVE IT @banana468!!!  That is adorbs!! 

ETA: I showed it to DH and he's impressed with it too.  :) 
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 It's been a rough go lately :( Why does your H want to go forward with daycare?
  • Options
    DH has a bad cold and cough.  Did an at home Covid test Weds night and it was negative.  He's scheduled for a colonoscopy on Monday morning so reached out to his primary to see if he should keep the appointment or re-schedule.  They ordered a PCR test and he went yesterday.  Got negative results this morning.  We're relieved on that.

Not much scheduled for the weekend.  I have a mani/pedi after work tonight.  We may go to dinner tomorrow night.  Sunday, H is prepping for his test so only jello and clear liquids for him.  We are stocked up on the good TP lol.

:Hugs: @charlotte989875 - I'm sorry you're struggling.  
    Happy Birthday @VarunaTT - love the hair!  Enjoy your weekend.
    @banana468 - The derby car is great!
  • Options
    Yay for bonus @charlotte989875, NY is awesome! I like your idea of day care 3x a week and mom 2.  My friend did that and it worked out well for her.
    @varunatt did you remove the pics or is my phone dumb? Regardless, sounds like a great bday weekend, minus the brakes, of course.

So my $200 worth of Nutrisystem snacks arrived today (had to buy $200 worth because of my giftcard I had, and I placed the order for a 55% off presidents day sale) and now I have no place to put them. Ooops. 

• Options
    Happy Birthday @VarunaTT!!
    Hugs, @charlotte989875. This is so hard.

Yay for weekend! I'm just looking forward to a little sleep and down time. Tomorrow we'll go out for my mom's birthday (oysters, yum!) Sunday we have our first soccer game of the season, so I'm excited about that. Otherwise just hoping for nice weather and some relaxing down time. 
  • Options
    Omg @Casadena I am so so sorry. All of the biggest hugs and vibes to G and you and your family. 

• Options
    Casadena said:
    You guys, we got some horrible news yesterday. G was diagnosed with leukemia.  We've been in the hospital since Wednesday night and he starts chemo today.  We're devastated.  Treatment will intense for the next few months the and last for about 3 years.  He's been a champ the last few days but it's heartbreaking seeing our normally rambunctious 2 year old barely able to move. 

I know I don't know you all in real life but that doesn't mean I don't think of you as real friends.  I always feel supported and heard here and I really appreciate you all.  I'm sure I'll be sporadic on here going forward.  Any thought, prayer, good vibes, etc that you have to spare we would definitely accept.  Thank you ❤
    @Casadena my heart breaks for you and I'm sending you all the strength I can.   So many hugs and prayers for your little guy and your family going through this.  We are here!! 

• Options
    @Casadena, I no words for that news.  Just some major hugs for you all (((((Casadena)))) and of course 🙏 

• Options
    @Casadena, I'm so sorry. 
  • Options
    Oh @casadena I’m heartbroken for you all. I think of you all as friends too and I’m so sorry to hear this. Thinking of you all. 
  • Options
    OMG @Casadena!  I am so sorry!  Poor G, poor all of you.  T+P's, vibes, good juju, everything, everything for you on this journey.  
  • Options
    @Casadena - I'm so sorry to hear this heartbreaking news!  Thinking of you all and keeping you in my prayers!

• Options
    @Casadena No words but omg :( Hugs
  • Options
    @charlotte989875, good luck with the daycare vs. mom conundrum.  It sounds like splitting it up is a good way to ease into it for everyone.  Yay on the bonus and NYC trip.

@banana468, that derby car is so cute!

I had so much fun at the parade last night.  I'm really glad I went.  I know we are a long way from "true" normal.  But, after the last two years, it felt like old times.  It was wonderful to see people happy.  Everyone's arms outstretched, trying to catch the throws when a float went by.  Dancing when a marching band or dance troupe was going by with music.

@VarunaTT, the friend I went to the parade with last night, her birthday is also tomorrow!  Happy early Birthday to you also.  I'm sure your hair is super cute but, alas, the pic isn't coming through for me.

We had our first eviction hearing yesterday for the master tenant who has four of our rental units for her mini nursing homes.  She didn't even show up, which isn't surprising.  But in a major sigh of relief, relatively speaking, my H went over to that unit after the hearing...we can't officially change the locks and all that until noon today...to get a feel for things.  And that unit has been vacated!  Phew!  Some tenants in one of the other units told my H that they'd been moved out a few days ago.

Because, if it hadn't been vacant, we would have had to put aside a few hours today and hired one of our buddies to come meet us at the unit and start cleaning it out.  Technically, we are required by law to take all the possessions out of the house, while the sheriff is there.  We've never actually had to do that.  And I've heard the reality is that the sheriff only stays to make sure there aren't any initial issues and then leaves.  But still.  We can't take our time to do it, if belongings are left behind.

On more good news with that, the house was absolutely filthy, but didn't appear to have much damage.  We should be able to start showings next week, after a good deep cleaning.  

At any rate, it opens up my Friday afternoon!  Which is great because I'd picked up some heavily bonused gas station audits and now I can get them done today, instead of tomorrow.

Tuesday is a holiday and I'm taking a vacation day Monday, so 4-day weekend for me!  Today will be really busy.  But the rest of the weekend will be relaxing with good food and drinks.  My neighbor friend and I (the one I saw the parade with) decided we will have a porch/balcony Mimosa Monday.  Hang out either on my porch or her balcony (she has two-story house), drinking mimosas and watch the world go by.

I almost feel guilty about my 4-day weekend.  I was on vacation for 10 days.  I worked one week.  Now I'm having a 4-day weekend, lol.  I didn't purposely plan it that way, just the way the dice rolled with the best week to book our HI hotel.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @Casadena I am so sorry, love.  All the good vibes and strength for you and your family. We're always here for anything you need that we can provide.
  • Options
    @CharmedPam I can't see them on my desktop anymore either, so I guess theKnut removed them?  I'll send them in a PM.
  • Options
    @Casadena (((hugs))) I am so sorry. Sending you and G and the rest of your family the biggest, strongest healthiest vibes. 
  • Options
    @Casadena, that is devastating news and I am so sorry!  My heart is breaking for you and your family.  You all will be in my prayers.  I hope with treatment he starts feeling better and gets some of his spunk back.  But it sounds like this is going to be a long road.  I also hope he becomes as healthy as ever in the future and you all can look back on this as a terrible time, but in the past.  ((Hugs))  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ei34 said:
    Sending all of the prayers and love to you and your family @Casadena. We’re all here for you.  If there are restaurant gift card meal trains or gofundme’s set up at some point I hope you’ll share them here.  Or anything else we can do from afar. 
    Yes, please share those with us!