Not Engaged Yet
Options

how much should I spend on wedding rings?

yuna-jackyuna-jack member
First Comment
edited March 2022 in Not Engaged Yet
how much should I spend on wedding rings?

Re: how much should I spend on wedding rings?

• Options
    A wedding ring is something you will wear every day, so you can spend as much as you want on it. I would choose cutom rings, some unique wedding rings. For me, I will spend over $2000.
  • Options
    It all depends on your budget.  Any "rule" that exists was created by the jewelry industry. 
  • Options
    I spent $300 on my husband's wedding ring. I'm pretty sure my band was like $550. As Banana said, it all comes down to - what is your budget? Obviously you want to get something you like, since you will wear it every day, but style and budgets are going to vary wildly from person to person. Do what is right for you. There is no "should" here. Some people are going to prefer (for style or work safety purposes) a silicone band. Some people don't get wedding rings at all.
  • Options
    Our wedding bands cost like $200 including engraving. We could have gotten fancier ones, but we just wanted simple and practical. 
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    I spent $300 on my husband's wedding ring. I'm pretty sure my band was like $550. As Banana said, it all comes down to - what is your budget? Obviously you want to get something you like, since you will wear it every day, but style and budgets are going to vary wildly from person to person. Do what is right for you. There is no "should" here. Some people are going to prefer (for style or work safety purposes) a silicone band. Some people don't get wedding rings at all.
    True story: I did not know that male wedding rings were a thing until I was close to puberty because my dad didn't wear one.  He was an electrician and commented that a wedding ring in his industry could hasten the "til death do us part" portion of the vows. 

The only thing I will say is when looking at rings educate yourself on the materials that exist.   I think DH's ring was close to $1500 and mine was about $1300.  His is solid platinum and mine is platinum with a half band of diamonds.  He insisted on a metal in the platinum family: platinum, palladium or rhodium.  He wanted the silver-toned metal and did not want white gold which is not a true metal (it is an alloy of gold and another silver-toned metal and the final piece is dipped in a rhodium plating.).  For us, we had the budget and that worked.