Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Why is a wedding ring called a band?

maggie_li3maggie_li3 member
First Comment
edited March 2022 in Attire & Accessories Forum
I thought a wedding ring is different from a wedding band before, but someone tells me I'm wrong.

Re: Why is a wedding ring called a band?

• Options
    They're the same thing. There's no real difference between wedding rings and wedding bands. Just check diamond or wedding ring brands. They call them bands or rings.
  • Options
    They are both wedding rings.  But I usually think of a band as specifically being only metal and without gemstones/diamonds.

However, that might just be my perception of the words.  It's not something I've read or given much thought to.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm guessing it is called a band because it binds the couple in matrimony.
  • Options
    According to my point of view, wedding rings have creativity in them while the wedding band is a simple plain band of a single metal that is been accompanied by an engagement ring. Wedding bands are the most popular among couples for their simplistic beauty and charm! 
  • Options
    Before moving, know why a wedding ring is also called a band. Then you have to understand the difference between them.

The wedding rings define a distinctive appearance that reflects a strong commitment. As a result, a bride wants to offer great value to his bride in selecting the wedding rings.

While a wedding band shows simplicity and equality in a love relationship. The wedding band is made by adding a metal tone and maybe some small sized gemstones or diamonds.

Couples started to call a wedding band instead of a ring because the intention behind offering it remained the same. That's why they called a wedding ring a wedding band.