Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Please help me pick a necklace (or no necklace!)

Hello everyone,

I'm getting married in June in a small, small micro wedding (practically an elopement) on the shores of Lake Superior at a resort we love. Although it is a small ceremony (15 people) I still have a fancy wedding gown and want to look my best. I splurged on my dress and absolutely LOVE it. I'm even wearing it to the dinner after at the resort resort's restaurant.

I can't decide if I should put a necklace with it or not. It is a super deep V-neck with long sleeves, crepe material (Ashley & Justin Bride, style 10970, it won't let me post links). I currently have some nice vine shaped 2 inch earrings and a hair piece that matches the earrings (my engagement ring is vine themed). My thought was either no necklace or a lariat drop necklace that is very very dainty and barely there. I'd really appreciate any input or even example photos if you had a similar outfit!

P.S. I just want to gush a little but the dress is my dream dress and fits like a second skin :) I'm 5'10", 125 pounds and the seamstress didn't want to alter a thing about the dress when I tried it on :) I am shortening the train a good amount though so it's less dramatic for an elopement style wedding. She said I have the perfect body for a crepe wedding gown. And I don't care if she says crap to make all her brides feel great, she did a good job and I felt like a runway model haha.

Bridal Earrings Bridal Jewelry Long Drop Wedding Earrings image 1

Re: Please help me pick a necklace (or no necklace!)

• Options
    I've been struggling with this myself. I have a deep V pain crepe dress and after much deliberation I decided no necklace. I have elaborate earrings and hair piece. I have seen thousands of brides pics on Instagram and most dont have necklaces, and i realize i never noticed that they werent wearing one, meaning, it wouldnt matter. 
  • Options
    Great dress. I'd say since you already have matching hairpiece and earrings, no need for a necklace.