Wedding Woes
Options

Stormy Tuesday

2»

Re: Stormy Tuesday

• Options
    Walmart stresses me the hell out. I went into one this weekend with N and noped out of there. 
    But generally ALL the produce I've seen has been shit, and I know that's because of all the supply chain/trucking issues. My dad works part time in the produce section at a grocery store in PA and he said it's been that way for months now. They'll have full crates of things that broccoli that they can't even put out. 
    Wait why? I haven't heard of this being issue

Idk if this is the issue. Walmart here is just small container and terrible price.
    If the produce is taking longer because trucks are taking longer your fresh produce is rotten produce by the time it arrives if it has a short shelf life. 

Produce that's grown locally or has a longer shelf life (citrus) may not be as problematic.

Most of the US broccoli is grown in California.  If trucking companies are facing delivery issues because of a lack of drivers, the issues in Canada or weather, your 4-5 days just to get your regular stuff from California is going to take longer.   

• Options
    @MissKittyDanger My dad has said that the quality of the produce they're receiving is in such bad condition, that they cannot put it out for purchase. Pre-pandemic this would happen with a few apples, or bananas. Now it's entire crates of fruits and veggies that are rotten, or just really beaten up. I've noticed this in the grocery stores near me too. Vegetables I can't find, and the ones I do find don't look great. 

I'm sure there are a lot of factors affecting this. Before the surge in gas prices, many companies were having trouble even finding truckers. So products would just sit, waiting to be picked up. Or it would take twice as long to be delivered. The port were backed it. It's just a perfect storm. 
  • Options
    I'm secretly laughing at the two coworkers who have their cubes closest to mine.

They live further from our workplace than I do.  They have been doing nothing but strategizing and looking at the weather for the last 45 minutes, trying to decide "when" to leave.

For all the time they took to talk about it, they should have just already left, lmao.

I'm not saying any of that in a negative way.  They get their work done (from what I can tell) and I don't care if they're wasting company time.  It just struck me as funny.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm secretly laughing at the two coworkers who have their cubes closest to mine.

They live further from our workplace than I do.  They have been doing nothing but strategizing and looking at the weather for the last 45 minutes, trying to decide "when" to leave.

For all the time they took to talk about it, they should have just already left, lmao.

I'm not saying any of that in a negative way.  They get their work done (from what I can tell) and I don't care if they're wasting company time.  It just struck me as funny.
    I'm guilty of this.  I finally left one day a few weeks ago, b/c I was like, I'm not getting anything done but watching the weather, so I might as well do it from home.
  • Options
    Yay @levioosa!!! Have a great weekend! 
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger My dad has said that the quality of the produce they're receiving is in such bad condition, that they cannot put it out for purchase. Pre-pandemic this would happen with a few apples, or bananas. Now it's entire crates of fruits and veggies that are rotten, or just really beaten up. I've noticed this in the grocery stores near me too. Vegetables I can't find, and the ones I do find don't look great. 

I'm sure there are a lot of factors affecting this. Before the surge in gas prices, many companies were having trouble even finding truckers. So products would just sit, waiting to be picked up. Or it would take twice as long to be delivered. The port were backed it. It's just a perfect storm. 
    Yup.  We had trucking companies we did business with for years say that they're just not picking up from our locations because they couldn't meet that demand.  
  • Options
    @levioosa *blows virtual bubbles* Yayyy!!