Wedding Woes

Monday Morning Water Cooler

I really wish I were going into the office today to spend a full day gossiping about Will Smith. 

Re: Monday Morning Water Cooler

• How's the new job going so far? 
  • Holy shit, that was crazy last night! This was the first year I didn't watch it live, and I saw it blow up all over social media before I went to bed. 
  • I really wish I were going into the office today to spend a full day gossiping about Will Smith. 
    I am seriously disappointed in Will Smith.   His non apology was akin to my kids when they aren't sorry for what they did - they're sorry they got caught.   And he got caught on live TV. 

Chris Rock's dig at Jada's hair was unkind.  If you want to take issue with how comedians roast based on appearances, ask if he was aware that Jada's head was due to alopecia and not a choice to shave hear head and why his comments were hurtful go ahead.  But now there are people defending violence and there are better ways IMO of defending your wife's honor.

Also, I am pretty heartbroken about Taylor Hawkins. The world lost a monumentally gifted musician way too early this weekend.   We had Foo Fighters tribute Saturday in the house and had some long talks with Chiquita about the illness of addiction, the sadness of how we have seen a spike due to drug companies and how street drugs are both strong AND unregulated which adds to their already risky state.  Even though she's in 6th grade I feel like the opportunity is going to present itself to her sooner than we'd like so let's start the calls now. 

• Holy shit, that was crazy last night! This was the first year I didn't watch it live, and I saw it blow up all over social media before I went to bed. 
    DH normally doesn't want to watch the Oscars but he did with me and then found the Australian feed on Twitter.

Whoa. 
  • banana468 said:
    Holy shit, that was crazy last night! This was the first year I didn't watch it live, and I saw it blow up all over social media before I went to bed. 
    DH normally doesn't want to watch the Oscars but he did with me and then found the Australian feed on Twitter.

Whoa. 
    That's how I saw the unedited footage too. 

And yes, I was so upset about Taylor Hawkins. I loved him, love Dave Grohl, love the Foo Fighters. I was planning on seeing them this summer too, and I'm so sad. 
  • banana468 said:
    Holy shit, that was crazy last night! This was the first year I didn't watch it live, and I saw it blow up all over social media before I went to bed. 

Whoa. 
    That's how I saw the unedited footage too. 

And yes, I was so upset about Taylor Hawkins. I loved him, love Dave Grohl, love the Foo Fighters. I was planning on seeing them this summer too, and I'm so sad. 
    I was digging into ticket options previously too.  We toyed with trying to see them when they were at MSG earlier in 2021 and decided not to go and now I'm selfishly kicking myself.  That isn't the point of this - a great musician is no longer with us.  But as a lover of music it's such a reminder about the fragility of life. 
  • I was laying around watching my 90 Day Fiancé, minding my own business when my friend texted me. That’s how I found out. A few of my friends used the word narcisist for Will, but I’m failing to see that.  I’m not defending the punch, but I do think that word is misused a lot as well. Much like alcoholic or depressed. When I was looking up the definition of narcisist awhile ago, it did say everyone would have “narcissistic tendencies in them”. Like 1 or 2 traits, but it doesn’t mean that person is one. The joke was in bad taste, but didn’t warrant the punch. 

Weekend  was pretty good, considering my Nashville trip was canceled.  Im getting the text updates since I was already in the group text.  Friday night/Sat morning someone reached out from the group asking if I still wanted to go but I couldn’t take off work by that time, it was way to last minute. My boss is on vacation herself and already approved my hours this week. Plus, she was a complete stranger and the girl I was supposed to go/room with had been building up some friendship at least.

I did go to two meetups.  A health/wellness one and a game night.  The girls there were great.  It all worked out anyway imo. 

• I just sat around in PJs and did my house chores this weekend.  Tomorrow is my allergy test and I'm just really hoping that I can go bath in Benadryl afterwards.  I'm a gross mess right now with all of these symptoms going on.  The office is worse, b/c I honestly don't think there's great housekeeping here.

I finished Bad Vegan and just wow.  

My brain has been delivering up some weird dreams lately.  I think I'm bored and lonely and that's just being played out in my dreams.  I am trying to put things into place to start working on those things, but it does take time and effort.

Mostly SSDD.  Not much new to report.  I did get new underwear this weekend and that was pretty awesome.

:smiley:
  • The weekend went well.  Friday was hectic, but I got everything done -- finished Costco scanning, picked up my MINI, returned deposit to rejected rental applicant.  Received deposit from the applicant who was next up.  Their background check went smoothly.  We met with them on Saturday to collect the first month's rent, sign the lease, give them the keys!  Woo hoo!  It was the first time I met them, in person.  They seemed responsible and nice.

One down and three more to go, at that location.  One down and six more to go, overall, lol.  At least it's progress.  I have a couple people potentially lined up for the next one (1 week) and a few people interested in the ones that will be completed over the next 2-3 weeks.

Saturday and Sunday were a lot more relaxing than I was expecting, which was sorely needed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Weekend was productive if yet frustrating a.f

Saturday
    Waited 40min for Walmart grocery pick up only to find stuff not available.
    M had errands - drop bookshelf at my friend's, go to IL's to change email password & pick up items from other grocery store.
    I swear he spent nearly $70 on fkn nothing. Half shit was out of stock.

Sunday we send BK to IL's because MIL doesn't see her much on the 2 days SFIL has her.
    M finished bookshelf & I got 90% of what I still needed for groceries for under $50 at another store.
    While looking, I told my mum I may do groceries there in 2 weeks if she wants to come {she doesn't live near this big store so I'd drive her}

Katie on Instagram: “Hand made zoo. Purchase bookshelf. Both put together by Matt 🥰”
    Zoo & book shelf

Katie on Instagram: “Raise a reader 👌🏻”
    BK is obsessed.
  • We watched Bad Vegan this weekend as well, and wow. What a wild story!
  • @climbingsingle so I've heard of it but what's it about?
  • On ep 4 of Bad Vegan, I watch while I workout :)

maybe I’m not getting what a lot of people are at grocery stores but I’m not finding the out if stock, bare shelves people are talking about? I do a lot of p/u’s and everything has always been on my list….

• @MissKittyDanger It's another Netflix series about a woman who was a fairly well off restauranteur in NYC, famous for being a vegan restaurant (Pure Food and Wine).  She basically gets scammed out of money by a man she marries, destroying both her personal and professional spheres.
  • VarunaTT said:
    @MissKittyDanger It's another Netflix series about a woman who was a fairly well off restauranteur in NYC, famous for being a vegan restaurant (Pure Food and Wine).  She basically gets scammed out of money by a man she marries, destroying both her personal and professional spheres.
    Ohhh .... see I was thinking it was like ... Vegan Teacher?
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I was sound asleep but saw a bit of the slap this morning.  I forgot the Oscars was on and am bummed- I rarely see any of the nominated movies (although this year I have seen Encanto 147 times!) but I enjoy the fashion.

STBXH invited some of our friends for a bbq yesterday (high was 43- today it's 29).  It was kind of weird co-hosting, but I think everyone enjoyed.  The only annoying thing was he'd invited them for lunch, 12-12:30, and they didn't come til 2.  And way overstayed.  We finally got rid of them by him getting the kids' showers going and me taking out their lunchboxes out and making their lunches for today.  Slept surprisingly well though and not dragging today.
  • I didn't watch the Oscars last night but saw unedited footage this morning - wow!  

@banana468 - Sorry the Pokemon saga continues for you.  Did you see this story over the weekend?  I immediately thought of Chiquito!
    https://local12.com/news/around-the-web/auction-house-sells-pokmon-card-for-over-400k-a-record-for-a-base-set-card-entertainment-trading-cards-business-charizard-psa-gem-mint-grading-1999-video-game-pwcc-auctions-cincinnati-ohio#:~:text=A rare 1999 Pokémon first,perfect PSA Gem Mint grading.

I was off Friday as DH had a colonoscopy and I had some bloodwork.  Good news is my a1C is 6.0 - yay for DM 2 control!  Bad news is that they told DH he had "incomplete prep" and they couldn't see everything they wanted during the scope.  Recommend he comes back in 6 months.  We were surprised because DH followed the directions to a T and will probably need an different type of prep in the future.  We went for a late lunch after his appointment.  When we finished, I didn't feel great and felt off the rest of the day.  I spent most of Friday night/Sat morning in the bathroom.  ICK.  Felt better yesterday but didn't have much energy.  

So I need to catch up on some things around the house tonight.  I did get a couple of loads of laundry done yesterday but one is still folded in the basket so that needs to be put away.  I'm also not sure why we have so many dirty dishes when I didn't eat most of the weekend.  

Otherwise SSDD...
  • Oh and I’m going to Indianapolis tmrw! Prob will have next to zero free time but if anyone has a great restaurant suggestion downtown I’m all ears. 
  • @levioosa WOW hello gorgeous 
  • @levioosa Omg stooop you look gorgeous!
  • @levioosa Thanks for sharing - you look amazing!  I'm glad it went well, aside from hopefully minor drama.

• My weekend was productive - my dad came over and we took apart my piano so we can scrap it.  It was sad, I cried a little afterwards.  It's a piano from the 40s, and my parents sacrificed in order to give it to us kids so that we could participate in music.  And I played for a long time.  I just can't keep it tuned anymore though, and it takes up a lot of space.  I replaced it with a keyboard, but it just isn't quite the same.  I have access to pianos at church if I really want to play a real piano, so it just isn't worth it to have my own taking up space at home.  And I couldn't donate it anywhere.

• @levioosa you both look amazing!  Congratulations!
  • Wow @levioosa, gorgeous!!! So glad it went well!!
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Stunning @levioosa!  Congratulations <3
  • @levioosa you look stunning!!! Congrats!!! 

@charlotte989875 any notable places to eat? I haven't been in the city in a few months and I want to live vicariously through you :smiley:
  • Love/hate relationship with houses.

Still not looking at moving, but I do have a future home plan.

For sale: 37 MILNER DOWNS CRESCENT, Ottawa, Ontario K2M2S3 - 1281580 | REALTOR.ca

This is what I want. Good size kitchen, main level sitting area with a tv but not a spot for playing.
    The main level is for BK doing homework, etc when someone is making dinner she can enjoy doing stuff.
    Basement here is a bit small, but that's more where we'd have play time etc. M can work & watch TV/BK if she's home