Attire & Accessories Forum

Bachelorette Party Attire - Guests in White?

Hey Knotties,

My bachelorette party is tomorrow, and one of my good friends who has put in a lot of effort to make it special for me has asked if I'm okay with her wearing white jeans and a brown top for our first night out at a country bar. I felt weird when she asked because white jeans draw attention and is a significant part of the outfit, but feel bad and bridezilla-ish for saying I'd prefer to be the only one in white and to find another bottom to wear. Has anyone come across this? How did you handle? AITA for not being super pleased about her outfit choice?

For background, we'll be in Scottsdale and it'll be in the 80s and drop down low at night still. 

Thanks for your help! 

EDIT // I'm not telling anyone they can't wear white pants. Bridezilla moment averted. Thanks, Knotties. 

Re: Bachelorette Party Attire - Guests in White?

• Hey Knotties,

My bachelorette party is tomorrow, and one of my good friends who has put in a lot of effort to make it special for me has asked if I'm okay with her wearing white jeans and a brown top for our first night out at a country bar. I felt weird when she asked because white jeans draw attention and is a significant part of the outfit, but feel bad and bridezilla-ish for saying I'd prefer to be the only one in white and to find another bottom to wear. Has anyone come across this? How did you handle? AITA for not being super pleased about her outfit choice?

For background, we'll be in Scottsdale and it'll be in the 80s and drop down low at night still. 

Thanks for your help! 
    Please do not tell your friend she can’t wear white. 
  • Hey Knotties,

Thanks for your help! 
    WOW. You're seriously considering telling your friend she can't wear white pants to your bach party? Am I reading this correctly!?!?
  • YES. And because I get inside my head and overthink everything, I went onto this message board as a way to check myself instead of acting on impulse. Which, I'm checked, and officially back on planet Earth. So, thanks. 
  • YES. And because I get inside my head and overthink everything, I went onto this message board as a way to check myself instead of acting on impulse. Which, I'm checked, and officially back on planet Earth. So, thanks. 
    Good on you for taking the reality check.

Know that on your wedding day you'll likely see people in white.  It happens.  
  • If she was going to be wearing a white dress that screamed "guest of honor at a pre-wedding event" I could understand being unhappy, but I think white pants aren't a big deal here.

I applaud you for taking a reality check. Well done. 
  • You know, I am so glad boards like this exist because I think I would have been doubting myself just as you did hehe... anyway, I hope you had a GREAT TIME!
  • Hi! If it bothers you that much, you should probably discuss it with a friend. If your friend normally perceives such things, you can tell her about them.

• Hi! If it bothers you that much, you should probably discuss it with a friend. If your friend normally perceives such things, you can tell her about them.

Welcome to The Knot.  This is a zombie/dead thread.  Check dates before responding, please.