Wedding Party

2 MOH, 1 bridesmaid…

tan070222tan070222 member
edited April 2022 in Wedding Party
I want a small bridal party and I’m curious on opinions with 2 maids of honor (my sister, and best friend) and one bridesmaid (my younger sister). 

Has anyone done this before? Positive outcome?
is 2 MOH and only one bridesmaid strange? 

Answers

• I want a small bridal party and I’m curious on opinions with 2 maids of honor (my sister, and best friend) and one bridesmaid (my younger sister). 

Can you make them all the same?  I think 2 MOH and 1 BM is a clear "ranking" and that's kind of hurtful.   
  • downtondivadowntondiva member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2022
    banana468 said:
    I want a small bridal party and I’m curious on opinions with 2 maids of honor (my sister, and best friend) and one bridesmaid (my younger sister). 

Can you make them all the same?  I think 2 MOH and 1 BM is a clear "ranking" and that's kind of hurtful.   
    I have to agree.  Having 2 MOH and then having only one more person as a BM makes it seem like you think less of your younger sister or only included her because you felt like you had to. I can tell you that 3 BM (with no one person being considered MOH) or 3 MOH would seem a lot less odd to me than 2 MOH and 1 BM.
  • Ditto PPs. All MOH or all BMs. 

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I made my two sisters my co-MOH and my closest friend a BM.  Although they all sat on the altar with me, only one of the three gave a toast, etc.  (There wasn't a program with them being listed with roles and they weren't announced by the MC by roles, so I don't know if the other wedding guests actually knew their roles.)  My friend-the-BM was/is a close friend, but I'm nowhere near as close to her as I am to my sisters, so it felt genuine to me.
  • I have to agree that if there are 2 MOHs and a bridesmaid, I would wonder why. If the situation were like @ei34's where the two MOHs are the bride's sisters and the bridesmaid is a close friend or cousin, I can understand that, but if they all have similar relationships to you (even if the bridesmaid is not as close to you as the MOHs), I'd wonder why you didn't just make them all bridesmaids and forgo MOHs or vice versa.