Wedding Woes
Options

Final Thursday in March

How is it the end of March already?!  

How's the week been going? My time off was low-key and exactly what I needed.  DefConn had a great bday on Monday.  He also got to hang with some friends too.  

We have a busy few days coming up.  DH and I are going to have a quasi-date night.  FIL doesn't work Fridays, so DefConn has asked to stay with him tonight (he did so last week as well).  DH is going to BIL AF retirement next weekend and needs some new clothes. So we're going to drop DefConn off after work and head out for dinner and shopping.  Tomorrow, DH's cousin is coming to say with us on her way home to IL.  Saturday, I'm going out with my sisters to dinner and then to Mean Girls: The Musical.  I think we're doing Sunday dinner with M and L.  Oh and M has court date to have his custody revisited since his Ex still being PITA.

Prudie coming up. 

Re: Final Thursday in March

• Options
    I'm glad you and DH were able to have a good talk @banana468.  Good luck at conferences.  
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    I'm glad you and DH were able to have a good talk @banana468.  Good luck at conferences.  
    Thanks!  DH is not the most effusive dude and I had to be clear.  He rolled his eyes and we hugged it out and we're good.

Side note: I also am noticing an absolute pattern in my cycle that in the week before my period anxiety peaks.  
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 I've heard great things about Mean Girls musical - I'm hoping they come here, I've suggested a girls night already with 2 friends lol

@banana468 glad your chat with your H went well!
    Yeh that makes zero sense with teacher.

BK has hit a growth spurt but so far just torso. Her upper body tends to grow first/faster than legs, but it's so weird because she'll grow in pieces.
    I've already taken some 3t tops out that I'm confident won't fit next fall. Back to school shopping will likely get some more 4t stock of long sleeves. My mum did pick up some 4t pants, so I don't think I'll need more of those.
    Tbh I may suggest to people about BK xmas gift doing gift card for clothes - she's about the age I could take her also.

M & I are booking our holidays. We're doing the last 3 weeks of August. I suggested the Wednesday {where we'd split} that we both take it off and do our back to school shopping with her.
    M said he wants to do supplies - which kinder is basic but it's principle he wants to - I told him that includes lunch kit and I've been researching so I have suggestions lol

I came home and M cleaned the living room. Like all the spots I'd missed because often when I get to cleaning, I'm tired because I've done 80 other things.
    Granted I have asked him, but it was weird to come home to it being done lol 
  • Options
    C’mon April, get here already! I just want April to be over though, have the surgery and my boss retires mid April. I made an appt for some prp for my scalp in May.  Apparently that generates hair growth.  Anything to get away from these hair extensions. 

@MissKittyDanger, good job M! I’d love that
    @banana468, glad it went well
    @mrsconn23, I need to see six and Moulin Rouge but have no one to go with :( i love theatre

• Options
    @CharmedPam entire night I was side eyeing him. Finally I was like "are you prepping to leave me?"
    Yes. That's where my brain goes lol
    He confirmed no but wanted to know how him cleaning means he's leaving me because "wouldn't me not doing it mean I'm leaving you more?"
    Me: you regularly do nothing. Does that mean you're going to leave me? Also doing stuff means you're buttering me up to throw me off.
    M: none of this makes sense.
    Me: is it an affair?
    M: .... the fuck? No. Why?
    Me: You barely texted all day and I come home to you cleaned the living room.
    M: I was busy and you've been asking me to do it ... can I not do nice things?
    Me: can you do them more so it doesn't throw me off?

Regular conversations in my house
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    Thanks!  DH is not the most effusive dude and I had to be clear.  He rolled his eyes and we hugged it out and we're good.

Side note: I also am noticing an absolute pattern in my cycle that in the week before my period anxiety peaks.  
    YES! And my anxiety comes out as anger, so fun times for all.  
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:
    mrsconn23 said:

YES! And my anxiety comes out as anger, so fun times for all.  
    I will go through phases of how much I forgot to do, everything is breaking, it's all my fault and so many what ifs.  Once I had a 2 hour freak out about the nuclear power plant near our house.  
  • Options
    I'm a little bit in panic that it is the last day of March.  I have a couple important things that I think may have needed to be done before April.  I need to check on those later.  One more thing to do today and I'm mad at myself for procrastinating.  Oh well.

It's been a productive day at work today, so at least there is that, lol.

Looking forward to Prudie!  I need the break.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh - I HATE month end.  I have a lot of extra work and given the supply chain issues the job has had more crap associated with it.  
  • Options
    @CharmedPam entire night I was side eyeing him. Finally I was like "are you prepping to leave me?"
    He confirmed no but wanted to know how him cleaning means he's leaving me because "wouldn't me not doing it mean I'm leaving you more?"
    Me: you regularly do nothing. Does that mean you're going to leave me? Also doing stuff means you're buttering me up to throw me off.

Right? Tbh, this would go through my head with my ex, but only jokingly. He did the dishes once.  Once.  And I had to pick myself up off the floor. 

• Options
    I’m still thinking it’s February. 

Feeling a little queasy again today which is not great. I thought I kicked this bug already. H is leaving to fish this weekend and that’s good. He hates his job (again) and he says work is just a paycheck but I don’t think he admits, even to himself, that it’s a little more than that. 
  • Options

Right? Tbh, this would go through my head with my ex, but only jokingly. He did the dishes once.  Once.  And I had to pick myself up off the floor. 
    M is fairly use to it. I remind him regularly that the little voice in my head tells me he's going to leave me. Some days it's small, others big. It never goes away, but some days are just easier to ignore.
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2022
    Oh no @kerbohl!

Strep as an adult suuucckkksss.  The couple times I've had it, it flattened me for days. Take care.  
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Oh no @kerbohl!

Strep as an adult suuucckkksss.  The couple times I've had it, it flattened me for days. Take care.  
    Thanks!  When I had it as a kid I remember barely being able to swallow, but so far my throat doesn't hurt so bad, so I'm already fingers crossed that this is a mild case. The fatigue is what is getting me.

• Options
    kerbohl said:
    Second day of being off work sick.  I don't usually take sick days.  Went to the walk-in clinic, got antibiotics because it appears to be strep throat.  Covid rapid test was negative.  Now I'm just dead tired and drinking lots  of tea and eating soup.
    Strep sucks!!
    I've had it like 3x in 5 years

Twice I was just a sore throat and more run down, but the 3rd killed everything in me - including my voice lol
  • Options
    I’m still thinking it’s February. 

Feeling a little queasy again today which is not great. I thought I kicked this bug already. H is leaving to fish this weekend and that’s good. He hates his job (again) and he says work is just a paycheck but I don’t think he admits, even to himself, that it’s a little more than that. 
    I still think it's 2020 lol.

DS had a doctor's appointment today about his lingering cough. They did a chest x-ray and he thought that was so cool. This boy has been OBSESSED with Halloween and the Nightmare before Christmas since Halloween last year.  He's all good, no infection. Hopefully the cough will resolve soon.

DH has hobby ADD. The man starts more hobbies than it's possible to have. In fact I think researching shopping for his new hobby is one of his longest lasting hobbies, lol. Currently, it's scuba. Which has been on my bucket list since I was a teenager, the jerk. Just kidding. Maybe we can finally have a mutual hobby.