Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Discontinued Items - Returns

Is anyone else having an issue with discontinued items.  The registry was for two sets of flatware.  One was received.  Now it's been discontinued and we cannot find it anywhere else.  The Knot will not accept the return as it's over 90 days.  Having half the flatware needed doesn't work and having mismatched flatware doesn't work.  Any suggestions?

Re: Discontinued Items - Returns

• Options
    Is anyone else having an issue with discontinued items.  The registry was for two sets of flatware.  One was received.  Now it's been discontinued and we cannot find it anywhere else.  The Knot will not accept the return as it's over 90 days.  Having half the flatware needed doesn't work and having mismatched flatware doesn't work.  Any suggestions?
    Are you buying flatware from The Knot? Can you look up patterns that are similar to what you have? 
  • Options
    There is a company called Replacements Ltd. that specializes in exactly this type of thing (you can also get pieces that otherwise aren't available such as cake cutter/servers - we've done that through them for shower/wedding gifts).  Otherwise, check Ebay!, Amazon, etc. as that's how I completed sets for my God-Daughter in her pattern that was "Discontinued" from my original source.