Wedding Woes
Options

Friday!

Good Friday means nothing to my job or in this state in general (we never had it off school).  So here I am. 

The party yesterday was fun.  I had a good time hanging with people I hadn't seen in awhile. Plus, my boss and I had a good face-to-face conversation (about work, but still...I love that we have a really collaborative relationship).  Afterward, I went for drinks with a few people.  

An ex of mine is in my 'class' (he started a couple months before me).  We are always friendly when we see each other.  It did dawn on me that it's been 20 years since we dated.  I felt old, but at least he's older than me.  LOL 

I think we're picking out shiplap and a bench for our foyer and buying a paint gun this weekend.  Sunday, we're going to my dad's for Easter.  I still need to get Easter stuff for the kids.  

What are you up to? 

Re: Friday!

• Options
    I sadly also do not have Good Friday off. A lot of our vendors are closed and it seemed like a lot less traffic on the road today. Hopefully that's true for my ride home too. 

Ok, I I have a confession. I watched The Kardashians on Hulu last night. I never watched Keeping Up. But I was intrigued and bored. And I didn't hate it. 

No real plans for the weekend. N texted that he's on his way home this morning and I can't wait to see him. I'm not sure how long we have the kids for on Sunday. I'm thinking about making a brunch. 
  • Options
    Oh I want to see that, @climbingsingle, thanks for reminding me that it’s out now.
    @mrsconn23, glad the party went well.  Ahhh the recorder. I think we’ve all played that at some point. Such an annoying sound! 

I have good friday off, so Kardashian’s it is! And then Bridgerton.  Btw the Duke of Hastings IS coming back in season 3 (unless that was a fase rumor?) Nothing going on for Easter for me.  Choczero came out with a sugar free hallow Easter bunny. For nostalgia, I bought one and saved it for Sunday. I’ll probably hide it, find it,
    squeel with delight that the Easter bunny came, then eat it while watching the new 90 Day. It gets wild in my house. 

• Options
    If the Duke doesn't come back I'm going to lose my Bridgerton love.  We finished Season 2 this week and it was good but not "I burn for you" good.   

Kids are off and I'm working.  I'm hoping it's a good "in plant holiday" and I'll have time to chill by myself while DH is out with dudes at the car show. 

• Options
    H is off but I’m working. And I use that loosely because I’m still really sick. Telemedicine appointment this afternoon because I have cold symptoms even though I’ve taken a Covid test that’s negative I still can’t go into the office. 

Baby M has a double-ear infection so he’s on antibiotics so hopefully he’ll start turning the corner soon. H is mostly better so at least there is one functioning adult here. We’re supposed to go to MILs on Sunday but we’ll see if I actually make it there. 
  • Options
    H is off but I’m working. And I use that loosely because I’m still really sick. Telemedicine appointment this afternoon because I have cold symptoms even though I’ve taken a Covid test that’s negative I still can’t go into the office. 

Baby M has a double-ear infection so he’s on antibiotics so hopefully he’ll start turning the corner soon. H is mostly better so at least there is one functioning adult here. We’re supposed to go to MILs on Sunday but we’ll see if I actually make it there. 
    I'm so sorry.  We didn't have Covid in the house (knock on wood) but definitely went through our share of viral rounds especially when the kids were younger and it sucks so much when you have a small human who relies on you for nearly everything that's sick AND you're sick too and you were just sick and will be sick again soon. 

I hope there's warm air, open windows and relief your way soon. 
  • Options
    No big plans.  I'm going to go see Uncharted on Saturday with a friend and right now that's about all I have on the books.  A friend, who I also worked with on Pride a lot, is trying to start another event in my town and has asked me to consult, b/c his board isn't really showing up like they need to.  So, I might have a Zoom meeting to try and listen and bounce some ideas their way.  Otherwise, not really too much.  90% of the office is out today so I'm going to finish the one thing I absolutely have to do and then I'm mentally checking out.
  • Options
    I'm working today too, but it's quiet. I had to run out this morning and traffic was a madhouse, so I don't know what's going on. I'm hoping to knock off a little early today. It's going to be a busy weekend. We're going to a friend's for a cookout tonight which I'm super excited about. Tomorrow park if the weather cooperates, then a game in the evening. Sunday I'm hoping to get the grass cut in the morning and then will spend the afternoon at my parents' for easter. 

H and I had a little tiff last night that's still hanging over me like a dark cloud. I hope I can shake it off before the party tonight. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:

I'm so sorry.  We didn't have Covid in the house (knock on wood) but definitely went through our share of viral rounds especially when the kids were younger and it sucks so much when you have a small human who relies on you for nearly everything that's sick AND you're sick too and you were just sick and will be sick again soon. 

Thank you! 

This is EXACTLY it. Like I know it’s to be expected with daycare but damn it sucks knowing this is just the beginning. Hoping we build our tolerance to this quickly. In the meantime screen time for everyone. 
  • Options
    We are hosting my family - there will be 9 of us.  Church at 9 AM and everyone will come for 12:30 dinner.  Hopefully, my youngest brother and family will be on time or DH will lose his mind.  Youngest brother is chronically late for family things.  We just start without him now but it's so annoying.

Yesterday I woke up with a terrible headache.  It was gone by 10 AM but I was still feeling fuzzy headed and having such trouble focusing.  I called off work for a few hours and then at Noon let them know I'd be off all day.  Today is better but headache is still nagging.  I suspect it's allergy-related since we had high winds yesterday.  Spring is really trying to arrive but we had snow flurries this morning and it's only supposed to get to 40 on Sunday.

A close friend was hospitalized last week with sepsis.  She was released on Sunday.  Her mom has been declining but took a turn for the worse on Monday and the family was requested to come and say their last good-byes.  She and her husband drove home (3-4 hours).  Mom isn't expected to last through today.  So much at once for her.

Work has been busy and we are working today.

• Options
    banana468 said:

Thank you! 

This is EXACTLY it. Like I know it’s to be expected with daycare but damn it sucks knowing this is just the beginning. Hoping we build our tolerance to this quickly. In the meantime screen time for everyone. 
    If it makes you better it *feels* like my kids are better for it now. 

Also, each year when the kids were two they puked on DH's birthday....four years apart.  The year Chiquito did it was a horrible virus so DH was able to celebrate his birthday and the following morning I woke up knowing I absorbed few calories from his birthday dinner and Chiquita followed days later. 

As they get older they are still germ spreaders but they're better at at reducing the snot and washing their own hands.  I also feel immense gratitude when they're old enough to aim. 
  • Options
    Slept in.  Coffee.  Lox with bagels and cream cheese.

It's been a good day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I hope you feel better soon @charlotte989875

How are you feeling? @CharmedPam

@climbingsingle I watched the first episode. Khloe looks absolutely fantastic. I did feel very much like the first episode was Kardashian propaganda and rewriting history. “Kim was solely known for her friendship with Paris, their friendship was the talk of the town everywhere.  Thennnnnn the sex tape happened and people noticed her even more.” Okay.

Not too much happening today. Applying for more jobs. I think I overdid it yesterday with activity. My leg felt really good but then I moved it one tiny way getting out of the car and it tweaked in a whole new spot, which probably means I had been overcompensating using that muscle and fatigued it. Ugh. One of the kitties has an eye infection so I’m going to call the vet and ask them for some erythromycin ointment and hope they’ll give it to me without an expensive vet visit. 

• Options
    Thanks everyone! My doctor just called in steroids and antibiotics & said “if the shortness of breath gets any worse don’t waste time calling us just go right to the ER or urgent care” so yah I guess this is real sickness. 

• Options
    Oh no @charlotte989875.  I hope the meds help! 
  • Options
    *hugs* @charlotte989875 I hope they work quickly. If you don’t feel any better on the antibiotics after 2-3 days I would go back in regardless. And of course everything your doctor said. Do you have a pulse oximeter at home too?

• Options
    levioosa said:
    *hugs* @charlotte989875 I hope they work quickly. If you don’t feel any better on the antibiotics after 2-3 days I would go back in regardless. And of course everything your doctor said. Do you have a pulse oximeter at home too?
    Yah I think my mom has one at the apartment here so I can get hers. 
  • Options
    Jeez @charlotte989875 what else?!? Ugh!
    @VarunaTT, I saw uncharted and liked it.  I also took myself to see ambulance and liked that too!
    @MNNEBride hugs to your friend
    @STARMOON44 woohoo! Enjoy yout Easter!

kardashians.  Watching it now.  Sooo I just got an alert in email that my house is 60k+ as I was watching the intro’s to their places and I’m like man… I want to sell my place and find someone rich to move in with in Calabasis.
    agreed Khole looks wonderful.  But in clips on the show.. not really in interviews? Weird.
    Kim also looks great and I feel bad for her sex tape thing leaking out again… but I think having her son “find” it was fabricated.
    Kourt and Travis. Cute!
    also, I love that they show the ladies eat. Like… real food. Fries. Chicken. Hamburgers. Chips.  Eat ‘em up ladies! Women eat. 

Feeling ok @levioosa.  My 4.5 car ride turned into over 6 with rain, a train and rush hour.  It was brutal, but I held up.  One arm hurts more than the other (non dominant)
    remember that Prudie letter where the lady didn’t want to take the health questionnaire? I’m finally going in to see my doc on Monday about my tmj/ear infection.  It’s back.  I’m almost certain going under gave it more inflammation and I’m already on antibiotics and steriods so she wants to see me.  But because I just came out of surgery and am on steroids, I’m super swollen and probably 10 lbs + up.  Is it rude to ask to not get weighed just this once? I go back in June for my annual and I was just there in Feb. I just don’t want that charted and I don’t want to see or even know the #’s.  I want my ear fixed, is all.