Texas-Houston
Options

Lurkers- Come out and play!

Tell us more about yourself :) Everyone is welcome to post! Don't be afraid :)

What do you do?
What does FI do?
Something you're excited about this summer?

Re: Lurkers- Come out and play!

• Options
    kitkat610kitkat610 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL, I post sometimes over here :)

What do you do? I am a project manager for a software company today. 5pm tomorrow, I will be an unemployed fiance until I start law school in the Fall.
    What does FI do? He is a budget analysis for Raytheon
    Something you're excited about this summer? Getting married! and more than that getting to see my sweet nieces (twins) that I posted yesterday.
  • Options
    lealfrantzlealfrantz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What do you do?
    I am an office manager for a dentist.
    What does FI do?
    Fi is a police officer. He is wonderful at his job and completely loves it :)
    We have a lot of wedding related activties coming up this summer so that will be what will occupy most of our time! My dress should be in around July or August. She is gorgeous! Allure c157 :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a paralegal
    he is an independent contractor who is also attending the fire academy
    I'm looking forward to a less stressful summer and hopefully going camping with friends in august.
  • Options
    monkeysipmonkeysip member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    What do you do? 

I'm a masters student and a teaching assistant.  

What does FI do? 

He's a bum right now, haha.  He's graduating in a couple weeks and is still unsure of his post-grad plans.  Looking into jobs.

FI and I are driving to Florida to go to Universal Studios and Disney World!  Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! (Geez I need a vacay)

SaveSave
  • Options
    PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Monkeysip:  I planned my wedding while DH and I were both in grad school. I don't know how far you are in planning, but Goood Luck.

The last couple weeks were the hardest for me balancing school, wedding, and work ( I am a TA also).
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What do you do? Medical assistant at a vascular surgery practice

What does FI do? Wireless (mobile phone) technology strategist

Something you're excited about this summer? Going on our honeymoon, we're getting married in June AND it looks like I'll be quitting my job, so I can go back to school (I've been told I would not be permitted to work for the practice as a part-time person... kinda sucks).
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_lurkers-come-out-play?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:0daf6353-dbb2-415e-8120-7b07e4d58163Post:84c00ccd-0f22-4d38-ad64-d8c4f4ade807">Re: Lurkers- Come out and play!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What do you do? Medical assistant at a vascular surgery practice What does FI do? Wireless (mobile phone) technology strategist Something you're excited about this summer? Going on our honeymoon, we're getting married in June AND it looks like I'll be quitting my job, so I can go back to school (I've been told I would not be permitted to work for the practice as a part-time person... kinda sucks).
    Posted by AquarianDragon[/QUOTE]

I'm sure a better opportunity will open up for you :)
  • Options
    HollyPW2011HollyPW2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What do you do? Research and stuff..at NASA.
    What does FI do? Operator at plant. shift work sucks.
    Something you're excited about this summer? a million things...graduating from grad schoo in May. WEdding parties/celebrations galore, river trip and of course the wedding, which is sept 3 but still summer in Texas :) and honeymoon! bora bora!
  • Options
    monkeysipmonkeysip member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    @ PJ

We're not really planning yet.  We were hoping for a Summer 2012 wedding, but because of our schooling and work/lack of work, we're considering pushing it off until Summer 2013, which we rrrreeeeeaaaaalllllyyyy hate to do, but we might just have to suck it up and have a long engagement.  *Sigh*

Either way, I can't imagine doing much planning right now.  I mean, its fun in a way (hence why I like to come on this board and get ideas from time to time) but its certainly time consuming.  Grad school is tough enough! Fortunately, I only have a year left of school.  Then off to the job market... (or the unemployment line...)

SaveSave
  • Options
    edited December 2011

What do you do? I am fixing to leave my job working at a country club to be a receptionist at a vet clinic.
    What does FI do? He is an electrician.
    Something you're excited about this summer? STD's! 10.11.12! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a financial analyst.  FI is a painting contractor and part time student.  Excited about summer in general - I've been couped up for the last six months in NJ/NY, we're moving to Houston this weekend and I'm excited to have the sun back in my life!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards