Wedding Woes
Options

Wednesday

Oof, the allergy shots yesterday got my asthma started.  My chest hurts.  No issue with breathing really, but there's just the uncomfortable stretch at the end of deep breath.

Nothing too big going on.  Making plans for the weekend.  Um...L is coming over on Saturday to watch the latest F1 race.  I've just kind of laughed.  I don't mind having a new friend at all and if he decides he wants to revisit his own boundary, I'm fine with that too.  Then seeing a good friend on Sunday.  We were going to try and go kayaking, but I think it's going to be raining at the places we like that are close.  Boo!  I'm ready to be on the water.

Otherwise, SSDD at work and home.  

Re: Wednesday

• Options
    Sounds like a fun weekend @VarunaTT.  And hey, like other PP’s mentioned, if you end up leaving the joint, you won’t be coworkers anymore? You’re just making the groundwork for it now.

SSDD for me. Our exec admin is in today, so i had to be on time just incase she was.  She wasn’t.  And being on time isn’t so easy for this girl!
    i need to find a reasonable lawn service.  I just can’t mow my lawn.  I’ve tried.  I’ve mastered snow removal, but this weak body of mine can’t maneuver a mower, even with good arms. Everything’s gone up though, like doubled. So, it’s incredibly hard to get someone. I like the non mowing, non snow months.  So March & November.

• Options
    I *think* I'm on the mend.  My nose is running and I can feel the mucous breaking up.  It's gross but hopefully all a sign that things are on the upswing.  I'm on day 4 since testing positive so Friday I can be out and masked.  

I'm still hopeful that the kids stay neg.  Fingers crossed!

We've had some team members leave and work has started to be much busier.  On top of it, the supply chain stuff just adds more work to the day because customers don't like the lead times so we're constantly looking for alternates.  Gone are the days that I can touch a project once. 

If we remain on for Chiquito's 1st Communion I need to call a local restaurant to cater it.  I have no desire to cook and won't have the time given that we'll all show up to the house after being in church.  
  • Options
    BK was home yesterday. She threw up middle of the night.
    She was fine and talked to pharmacist as I picked up some kid gravol - likely because she has no other symptoms of gastro that it's from being snotty last week.
    Some people {like myself} have sensitive stomach with the phlegm.

She took gravol before nap and before bed. She was so excited that she didn't puke at night.
    All morning "I didn't puke!" lol
  • Options
    Btw happy administrative professionals day to all admins out there! Ours got the Royal treatment this year.  She’s getting delivery after delivery:)

• Options
    @CharmedPam, down here, no snow.  But lawns need to be mowed all year long.  Though the winter is nice because you can get away with 1-2 mows/month instead of 3-4/month.  And we have to mow our own lawn and the lawns for all our rentals.

Though, once we rent out the only SFH we own, they're going to be responsible for their own lawn.  You all might remember I was chatting to someone that expressed an interest in buying the house from me, but paying me with installment payments over 5 years.

It took a surprising turn when the guy turned into such a wtf creeper!  We were chatting a lot about it, over FB Messenger the next day.  We seemed to be on the same page for how the deal would be worked out.  But he hadn't seen the house yet.  I told him no one could be there until Friday but, if he wanted to drive past and check it out, that was fine.  I also told him no one is living there, so he could even peek in the windows.  He proceeds to ask me 4 more times throughout the day, if it is okay to go look at the house.  I know English isn't his first language and I'm pretty sure he was using Google Translator but, geez!  At one point, we exchanged numbers and switched to texting. 

He supposedly went over there.  He said the house needs a lot of fixing up.  It doesn't, other than some areas need the new baseboards installed but, whatever.  It's newly remodeled, so that pissed me off a little.  But he also didn't like the neighborhood at all.  He said it was too loud.  I have no idea what he is talking about.  It's a decent, normal, suburb-like street.  No apartment complexes anywhere.  All SFHs.  None of the neighbors are loud.  

He said he still really liked the area of the place for rent, that he had first contacted me about and what kind of deal could we make for that.  This is when he started getting annoying.  I must have told him over and over it wasn't for sale.  That it's a duplex that already has tenants in one of the units.  That he couldn't live there anyway because it's about to be fully rented out.  But we had a good rapport and he also said he sometimes does construction work (though is mainly a landscaper), so I kept answering his same questions while we were chatting, in general.  By then, it was later in the evening and I was also busy replying to FB messages about our rental available.  He had asked me a question about values in the neighborhood.  When I didn't reply back after about 30 minutes, he wished me a good night and peaceful sleep.

I replied back the next day.  Said I'd hoped he'd had a good night also and gave him general pricing for duplexes and SFHs, in that neighborhood, as well as what the typical $/square foot is in that area.  And the questions started again about how much would I sell my duplex for, smh.  I told him again I wasn't selling it.  He asked if he could drive past it, "since it wouldn't hurt".  I told him he could if he wanted to, but don't go on the property because people are living there.  He assured me he wouldn't.  I don't know if he went, but he (thankfully) didn't disturb anyone if he did.  But this was what happened next:

He asked me how I'd slept.  Kind of a weird comment but, okay.  I joked that I'd slept fine, but would have liked more sleep.  He texts back something like he knows ways to give women a good night's sleep, with a winky face.  Then sends another text asking how old I am.

What TF did I just read?!?!  I couldn't even believe it.  I briefly thought about texting him back that his comment was very inappropriate and there is no need for us to stay in touch further.  But I'd already spent WAY too much of my time on this AH, giving him advice about real estate.  Only to be insulted and offended.  So I blocked him instead.  I was surprised he didn't try to contact me back again through the FB Messenger.  It would be nice to think he didn't bother because he realized how much he f**ked up and how rude he had been.  But I know I'm just dreaming on that, lol.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @CharmedPam my local CVS runs a good bogo sale on Ferrero Rocher this week in honor of AA day.  The main office secretaries and our departmental secretary always enjoy them.  

It's lovely weather here (50s and sunny) which is nice because DD has softball practice later.  SSDD otherwise.
  • Options
    Holy crap, @short+sassy

David Rose GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
  • Options
    @CharmedPam, down here, no snow.  But lawns need to be mowed all year long.  Though the winter is nice because you can get away with 1-2 mows/month instead of 3-4/month.  And we have to mow our own lawn and the lawns for all our rentals.

Though, once we rent out the only SFH we own, they're going to be responsible for their own lawn.  You all might remember I was chatting to someone that expressed an interest in buying the house from me, but paying me with installment payments over 5 years.

It took a surprising turn when the guy turned into such a wtf creeper!  We were chatting a lot about it, over FB Messenger the next day.  We seemed to be on the same page for how the deal would be worked out.  But he hadn't seen the house yet.  I told him no one could be there until Friday but, if he wanted to drive past and check it out, that was fine.  I also told him no one is living there, so he could even peek in the windows.  He proceeds to ask me 4 more times throughout the day, if it is okay to go look at the house.  I know English isn't his first language and I'm pretty sure he was using Google Translator but, geez!  At one point, we exchanged numbers and switched to texting. 

He supposedly went over there.  He said the house needs a lot of fixing up.  It doesn't, other than some areas need the new baseboards installed but, whatever.  It's newly remodeled, so that pissed me off a little.  But he also didn't like the neighborhood at all.  He said it was too loud.  I have no idea what he is talking about.  It's a decent, normal, suburb-like street.  No apartment complexes anywhere.  All SFHs.  None of the neighbors are loud.  

He said he still really liked the area of the place for rent, that he had first contacted me about and what kind of deal could we make for that.  This is when he started getting annoying.  I must have told him over and over it wasn't for sale.  That it's a duplex that already has tenants in one of the units.  That he couldn't live there anyway because it's about to be fully rented out.  But we had a good rapport and he also said he sometimes does construction work (though is mainly a landscaper), so I kept answering his same questions while we were chatting, in general.  By then, it was later in the evening and I was also busy replying to FB messages about our rental available.  He had asked me a question about values in the neighborhood.  When I didn't reply back after about 30 minutes, he wished me a good night and peaceful sleep.

I replied back the next day.  Said I'd hoped he'd had a good night also and gave him general pricing for duplexes and SFHs, in that neighborhood, as well as what the typical $/square foot is in that area.  And the questions started again about how much would I sell my duplex for, smh.  I told him again I wasn't selling it.  He asked if he could drive past it, "since it wouldn't hurt".  I told him he could if he wanted to, but don't go on the property because people are living there.  He assured me he wouldn't.  I don't know if he went, but he (thankfully) didn't disturb anyone if he did.  But this was what happened next:

He asked me how I'd slept.  Kind of a weird comment but, okay.  I joked that I'd slept fine, but would have liked more sleep.  He texts back something like he knows ways to give women a good night's sleep, with a winky face.  Then sends another text asking how old I am.

What TF did I just read?!?!  I couldn't even believe it.  I briefly thought about texting him back that his comment was very inappropriate and there is no need for us to stay in touch further.  But I'd already spent WAY too much of my time on this AH, giving him advice about real estate.  Only to be insulted and offended.  So I blocked him instead.  I was surprised he didn't try to contact me back again through the FB Messenger.  It would be nice to think he didn't bother because he realized how much he f**ked up and how rude he had been.  But I know I'm just dreaming on that, lol.  
    Is this the guy with no SSN?
  • Options

Is this the guy with no SSN?
    Yes.  He didn't ask me to do this.  But I had even double-checked that someone can close on a house that they bought with cash, without having a SSN.  They can, which I was pretty sure about anyway because the US is pretty loose about foreign citizens owning property here.  A lot of countries don't allow it at all.

In Mexico, a foreign citizen "technically" can't own a property.  But they can "lease" one for 99 years.  And sell it at any time.  If they sell it to a different person who is also a foreign citizen, the 99 years starts over.

It's a funny loophole.  A technical "no".  But, in reality, very much a "yes" and foreigners do it all the time.  Either for a vacation home or to retire.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

What TF did I just read?!?!  I couldn't even believe it.  I briefly thought about texting him back that his comment was very inappropriate and there is no need for us to stay in touch further. 
    K, but you still have his number, right? Asking for a friend….

i almost had a kid who could have done my lawn for me! An ad on nextdoor! But he can’t get to me without transportation and is still saving for a truck.  He said in the future maybe.  Alright… will you get this truck between now and 3” of grass growth? That’s probably all I have to work with here

• Options

What TF did I just read?!?!  I couldn't even believe it.  I briefly thought about texting him back that his comment was very inappropriate and there is no need for us to stay in touch further. 
    K, but you still have his number, right? Asking for a friend….

i almost had a kid who could have done my lawn for me! An ad on nextdoor! But he can’t get to me without transportation and is still saving for a truck.  He said in the future maybe.  Alright… will you get this truck between now and 3” of grass growth? That’s probably all I have to work with here
    He might charge extra for going to the Chicago suburbs.  And then you'd also have to put up with him creepily hitting on you, all the time.  But maybe that's worth it for a good price on landscaping/mowing?

Seriously though, you should put your own ad up on NextDoor.  Maybe an enterprising teen who lives closer to you...or has a car...will reply.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    When I first moved here, some motivated kid DID go door to door to ask! But my then H said he’d mow.  He didn’t :(