Wedding Party

Sister figure not MOH

I chose my college best friend to be my maid of honor for a variety of reasons. She has been friends with both myself and the groom for nearly 5 years. She has been very supportive in our relationship and her husband is my fiancé’s best friend. I have a woman who I went to high school with that I really consider a sister more than a best friend. I didn’t choose her as MOH because she doesn’t know him as well. But I still want her in my bridal party and I have asked her. She said yes but I want to do something really special for her since she’s been there for me for so long and has been a big sister to me. Anyone have any ideas or any unconventional title suggestions I can give to her to make her feel special? 

Re: Sister figure not MOH

• Honestly - I think being in the wedding IS special.

You don't need to reinvent anything.  Be heartfelt and write her a great thank you letter.
  • I agree with @banana468. However, who you choose to be in your bridal party should be YOUR closest friends and not based on if they know your FI or not. My MOH knew my H but not well. She was my best friend so she was my natural choice. I'm saying this for others who are reading this not you, OP, because you have already asked your party.
  • Agreed that being in the bridal party is special enough. However, I'm not sure why you're picking your MOH based on who knows both you and your FI? Your bridal party is supposed to be made up of YOUR closest friends. Their closeness to your FI should really have no baring on that. 
  • Being in the wedding party is special in and of itself, but how would you feel about having them both be MOH? There's no law saying you can only have one. 

If you only want to have one MOH, I would just have her be a bridesmaid and get her a really nice, thoughtful thank you gift (something you know she'd really like that isn't for your wedding). Coming up with an "unconventional title" or whatever only brings more attention to the fact that you didn't ask her to be MOH, which I don't think is what you want to do here.