Wedding Woes

Frosty Friday

Chilly temps remain.  A decent mix of errands, grading, softball games and family time this weekend for me- hope everyone else has some nice moments planned!

Re: Frosty Friday

• I decided that Chiquita's not doing a GS thing tomorrow because it's an hour away, I can't attend and I don't know how I love the concept of the kids in the car with me for an hour each time even if we're all masked.  The good news is that today I'm in the 'ok to be out and masked' zone!

Instead she's going to server for the Confirmation mass for the 9th graders tomorrow and Chiquito has baseball pictures.  Our marina happens to be the sponsor of his team so that's likely a shirt that will get tons of summer wear.   There's some "opening ceremony" for the baseball team mid day and then we'll head home to clean and get ready for DH when he comes home all stinky from camping. 

I'm under no delusions that DH will be in any way productive tomorrow night.  I need to come up with a tasty meal for him and know he's likely going to want to just have a hot shower and crash. 

Sunday we'll head to church and at least I can with a mask (we wear them there anyway) and it should be Chiquito's LAST where he has to cross his arms for a blessing instead of receive communion.

I still need to get on the catering for his 1st communion.  I'm thinking rigatoni vodka and some easy chicken dish like piccata, garlic bread (or knots) salad and cake. 

• I have to clean my apartment this weekend before L comes over.  Usually I don't care that much, but my bathroom is a travesty.  I live very close to an underground river and there's some new mold/fungus in that water and it makes my toilet look really gross.  Then another friend will be over on Sunday, so I do need to do something.

Otherwise, SSDD.  I'm choosing some professional violence today.  I'm tired of Diva and his behavior.
  • @VarunaTT we have well water and it's hard.  We use a softener system but over time there's build up.  My shower looks gross but I HAVE to clean my toilets weekly or the stains just look like I am neglecting them - even if it's been a time that the kids were largely out of the house so no one was blowing them up. 

• Had a long night last @ the retirement party.  We stayed downtown so now I’m waiting for my coworkers for breakfast before we head home. I’m “on the clock” but not working much. I swear for ALL the drinks I was served last night, there was no way they weren’t watered down (I actually sent one back because I was SURE it was just water). I started drinking at 3 pm and being completely fine at 2 am in the morning…. that was very suspish. 

Does anyone have issues with the birds being very vocal to early? Mine start at 5, and if I’m sleeping lightly, they’ll wake me. Has oneone used anything successful to keep them away? They have repellent rods to hang in the trees, repellent machines and some have suggested those plastic owls. 

• I'm fine now but I had a nasty bit of food poisoning that landed me in hospital Wednesday night.
    BK was so thrown off, because it was "okay daddy's picking you up" then "okay you're staying at grandma's for the night"
    I was glad because I slept 90% of yesterday.

We got home after 11pm and I drank some juice, then went to bed.
    Woke briefly because alarm, then back to bed.
    Up at like 10:30 ... and honestly I went back to sleep at noon only to wake again probably about 3:30?
    I hung out on the couch trying to stay awake a bit at least when BK got home.
    Poor kid was tired though lmao

She made me come in and do bed time all over again because she missed me.
  • LOL @charmedpam and the birds.  I understand your pain.  What really sucks is that they scream early and then as the sun starts coming up, they quiet down.  But it's like, "Well, I'm awake now fuckers.  Thanks!"  

Tonight we're ordering something for dinner and watching some of the draft. After we see the Colts first pick, then we'll switch to Ozark. 

Tomorrow, we have running around to do.  We need to find an end table for our guest room and some lampshades.  Plus DH needs an outfit for his cousin's wedding next weekend.  SIL/BFF will be in town later in the day with youngest nephew to help her grandma get ready for her move to assisted living here soon. It's her bday, so we're going to go out to dinner with while DH stays with the kids.  

Sunday, we're going to hang out with nephew while SIL helps her grandma.  After that, I'm not sure what else the day will hold.  

• @charlotte989875 lol so cute! I know not, but it looks like he only has like his 6 front teeth here <3 
  • @MissKittyDanger glad you’re home now!
  • @charlotte989875 lol so cute! I know not, but it looks like he only has like his 6 front teeth here <3 
    It’s so funny- he has a few molars but not the ones in between so it does look like that! 

So so glad you’re home now! Hope you’re still feeling okay! 
  • Had a long night last @ the retirement party.  We stayed downtown so now I’m waiting for my coworkers for breakfast before we head home. I’m “on the clock” but not working much. I swear for ALL the drinks I was served last night, there was no way they weren’t watered down (I actually sent one back because I was SURE it was just water). I started drinking at 3 pm and being completely fine at 2 am in the morning…. that was very suspish. 

Does anyone have issues with the birds being very vocal to early? Mine start at 5, and if I’m sleeping lightly, they’ll wake me. Has oneone used anything successful to keep them away? They have repellent rods to hang in the trees, repellent machines and some have suggested those plastic owls. 
    OMG i was bitching about this to DH yesterday.  The damn birds start at like 4am.  If it's not my 2 year old waking me up, it's the birds!!!! I've done nothing about it except complain.
  • Well the trim carpenters should finish up today. That means that potentially we could be done by the end of next week depending on scheduling the painters, electricians and plumbers for all the finish work. DD and family will be here next week so it won't be done in time for that. 

I prepped my flower pots for planting. The twins will help me plant the pansies. I stuck some pussy willows in the pots for height. I'm itching to get stuff in the ground but know it is too early. As soon as I'd get stuff planted, it will frost. It really isn't safe to in ground plant here until after the middle of May. 

Weekend will be spent getting ready for DD and family's visit. Meal planning, grocery shopping cleaning etc.

Glad you're feeling better @MissKittyDanger! He is too cute @charlotte989875.
  • @ILoveBeachMusic Same here - I am itching to get stuff in the ground, but if you plant before May two four it will probably die.

Regarding the birds, I hear pie plates in trees helps, but then you have pie plates in trees.  I don't have a tree outside my window so I think we are lucky.  Just the rabbits and the dog wake me up early .... mostly the dog.  She has taken to jumping in to bed once it gets to be a certain hour.

My new rabbit is bonded to my one male, so this weekend I will try to bond her to my other female.  The first attempt did NOT go well.  Rumina is twice Talia's size, but Talia took her down.  

Don't know what I'll get up to this weekend.  I need a productive weekend.  Eavestrough has to go back up, mulching, I need to buy new running shoes, I should clean, I need to bake something with cream since it is going to get to its expiry ...

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2022
    That must have been one ugly virus @MissKittyDanger, but glad you’re ok
    stinking cute @charlotte989875
    @ILoveBeachMusic glad things are coming along for you!

i ended up ordering the rods for the trees (maybe they act like those pie plates @kerbohl? Both reviews were mixed on rods and owls so we’ll see

• @CharmedPam I bet that they do.  But maybe they will look prettier than the pie plates.  It isn't that the pie plates don't look nice - some people decorate them to make them fit in a bit more.  I guess they just annoy me.  I really should put some in my cherry tree though, so I at least can get some cherries.  We didn't get any last year.