Wedding Woes
Options

FriYay

I am so glad it's Friday.  I'm making plans to just burrow in deep this weekend.  I pushed too hard these last 2 weeks and I can feel it.  I've cancelled 2 plans already and I'm about to renegotiate a third.  

Otherwise, SSDD.  Just need to make it through today. 

Re: FriYay

• Options
    Now that it's getting nice out, our days are starting to fill.

Tonight I'm finishing the prep for the bathroom and getting M to do that top corner spackle.

BK has gymnastics tomorrow. I'm going to see if I can get the painting done while she's gone, because when they get back I need to get groceries shortly there after.
    I'm pretty sure BK will want a nap, I know M said he's likely going to want one {he's on the floor with her doing stuff - and he's out of shape lol}
    Afternoon we may take BK to the park nearby. She's been wanting to bike, so we'll test out if she can reach the pedels.

SFIL and MIL are likely considering a balance bike for BK
    - anyone's kids have/had one?

Sunday I told M I wanna do pancakes.
    The afternoon we're having my mum, her bf, MIL and SFIL over for coffee/tea and snacks. We may do out in the yard, just because it's likely to be nice out.
  • Options
    DH is 'working' (LOL) from home.  In reality, he's setting up his new phone and has Dr appt later. 

Tonight, I need to get a shit-ton of running around done for the weekend.  Tomorrow, I'm on nephew duty during the day while SIL, BIL, DH help move SIL's grandma to assisted living.  We have DH's cousin's wedding tomorrow night.  Sunday, everyone is coming to my house for Mother's Day.  The guys are smoking chickens for dinner.   It's going to be busy, but fun.  I'm hoping the weather does improve since it's blerg right now.  
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2022
    @MissKittyDanger I hope you can get that painting out of the way.  My mom has to make her way here to “help” (read:do) me with my bathroom.

Happy Mother’s Day to all you wonderful knottie mothers out there! Have a mimosa for me! I’m not even a mother to a live plant, but do I need an excuse for one?

@short+sassy, remember when you tried popeyes’ new fried chicken sandwich and you came on here to review it?  You sold me on it then and I LOVED it. I didn’t feel like cooking, or going out for Mexican food like the rest of the world, so I did that last night. I even texted my friend “wow, popeye’s didn’t go up in price like everyone else has”.
    wanna know why? They’re using half the chicken patty they used to.  It’s WAY thinner and all breading. It was disgusting too.  I didn’t even eat half of it, I think.  My stomach was turning.  I say this for all fast food places I go to, yet I still go. 

We were talking about rising grocery prices at lunch yesterday and Aldi came up as a good place to go.  I always forget about Aldi. So I went there after my failed popeye run, and was in grocery heaven as I forgot about all the unique things they carry.  Prices have gone up with them too, but still the better bargain.  I noticed the “healthy aisle” like keto, organic, gluten free, high protein etc., was pretty much the same cost as the grocery stores, so I didn’t get much of the “specialty” items.

• Options
    @MissKittyDanger DS had a balance bike. He absolutely loved it and we saved it to use again with DS. He still has training wheels on his pedal bike but I think it was great to help him learn steering and such.

DS had swim class today and then he and DH played in the pool afterwards. I was there but DD was snoozing so I was just lounging with her. BUT! DS did some real swimming today! I am so proud of him and most importantly, he is so proud of himself! 

I finally finished switching out the baby clothes, it only took 2 weeks ::eyeroll:: now I need to decide if it is worth it to sell all the newborn stuff on FB or just donate to charity.

Not much for the weekend.  DD gets her 3 mo the shots on Monday.
  • Options
    @CharmedPam I'm hoping to get most of it done while BK is at gymnastics and minimal amount finished while she's napping. It's a small bathroom but it's awkward.
    What else needs to be done on your bathroom?

@missJeanLouise that's what we've heard helps. Apparently many kids are skipping training wheels with these, so I'm curious. BK is fairly short so pedals have been an issue
  • Options
    Not too much happening today. I have a couple of things to put away and I want to clean the house. Last night I made tacos, guacamole, and margaritas. It was super good and we were sad it wasn’t Friday so we could enjoy the evening and have a couple more drinks. Other than that not too much else is happening. I’m debating hiking over a home workout but I think a home workout is winning because I don’t really feel like driving anywhere. 

• Options
    @MissKittyDanger G has a balance bike and likes it.  Still figuring out how to use it, but he likes to kind of walk himself around and ring the bell a lot, lol. 

I got new leggings from Aerie and really like them.  I've been so picky about waistbands since I was pregnant with N.  

Finishing up some work calls today and then taking the boys for a long drive/nap this afternoon so H can have a couple hours to himself.  He's been 100% responsible for the kiddos all week since i've been sick and crazy at work.  Its crappy and rainy and even though i'm starting to feel better i just want to snuggle in my comfy bed all day!  

Happy mothers day weekend to the moms!  @CharmedPam you never need an excuse for mimosas!
  • Options
    @Casadena That's 100% what I expect of BK lmao maybe running {which I figure she'll try lmao}
    Does it work well on grass?
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited May 2022
    levioosa said:
    Not too much happening today. I have a couple of things to put away and I want to clean the house. Last night I made tacos, guacamole, and margaritas. It was super good and we were sad it wasn’t Friday so we could enjoy the evening and have a couple more drinks. Other than that not too much else is happening. I’m debating hiking over a home workout but I think a home workout is winning because I don’t really feel like driving anywhere. 
    2023 cinco de mayo will be!  Start planning.

@MissKittyDanger, just paint. My ex over estimated how much paint I needed in the kitchen (why we couldn’t ASK the professional, I don’t know?) I have extra and it was not cheap.  So I figured I should use it for the bathroom, and then my momma wants the rest. 

• Options
    ei34ei34 member
    @CharmedPam have that mimosa!  @levioosa yum!  We had enchiladas and guac, delish   @banana I hope your party prep is going okay, the forecast is a such a bummer but hope tomorrow is a beautiful day!
    Happy mother's day to all.  Definitely seeing my mom this weekend  :)

Today through the end of the year the different departments are hosting dessert Friday...so the faculty room is filled with every pastry and baked good you could imagine.  It's as amazing/difficult as you can imagine, lol
  • Options

@MissKittyDanger, just paint. My ex over estimated how much paint I needed in the kitchen (why we couldn’t ASK the professional, I don’t know?) I have extra and it was not cheap.  So I figured I should use it for the bathroom, and then my momma wants the rest. 
    That makes sense!
    Pretty sure I over bought on paint but it's got a twist lid so it can close. I'm doing 2 bathrooms plus our front hall in same colour.
  • Options
    We are at the point of reloading our closet so I've been doing that while H, DS2 and DD took the grandsons to the Children's Museum. @MobKaz they have a new dino exhibit that is suppose to be amazing. I got everything I could back in the closet. We are still sleeping upstairs (main bedroom is on main floor) for a while so I didn't want to move everything down to our closet. The electrician was here yesterday and the pendant light I ordered was way too big. Luckily the store is giving me a refund even though I ordered it in October (I worked through a decorator's account). I found a smaller but similar (yet not cheaper) one at Serena and Lilly so I ordered that. 

DS2 arrived last night and he, DD and I watched Spider Man No Way Home after children were in bed. Just more playing with kids this weekend. Nothing special on Sunday other than probably brunch at home (DD still has to wear a mask in public so figure not good to go to restaurant). 

@CharmedPam you never need a reason for a mimosa or prosecco in my opinion.
  • Options
    @Casadena That's 100% what I expect of BK lmao maybe running {which I figure she'll try lmao}
    Does it work well on grass?
    Yes, but he doesn't really try to balance and roll on it yet, just pushes himself around!  
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    We are at the point of reloading our closet so I've been doing that while H, DS2 and DD took the grandsons to the Children's Museum. @MobKaz they have a new dino exhibit that is suppose to be amazing. I got everything I could back in the closet. We are still sleeping upstairs (main bedroom is on main floor) for a while so I didn't want to move everything down to our closet. The electrician was here yesterday and the pendant light I ordered was way too big. Luckily the store is giving me a refund even though I ordered it in October (I worked through a decorator's account). I found a smaller but similar (yet not cheaper) one at Serena and Lilly so I ordered that. 

DS2 arrived last night and he, DD and I watched Spider Man No Way Home after children were in bed. Just more playing with kids this weekend. Nothing special on Sunday other than probably brunch at home (DD still has to wear a mask in public so figure not good to go to restaurant). 

@CharmedPam you never need a reason for a mimosa or prosecco in my opinion.

Yes!  We have been watching the progress.  We had hoped to hit it up over Spring break, but road tripped to Tennessee instead.  We absolutely plan to hit it up this summer. Thanks for thinking of us!
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger I hope you can get that painting out of the way.  My mom has to make her way here to “help” (read:do) me with my bathroom.

Happy Mother’s Day to all you wonderful knottie mothers out there! Have a mimosa for me! I’m not even a mother to a live plant, but do I need an excuse for one?

@short+sassy, remember when you tried popeyes’ new fried chicken sandwich and you came on here to review it?  You sold me on it then and I LOVED it. I didn’t feel like cooking, or going out for Mexican food like the rest of the world, so I did that last night. I even texted my friend “wow, popeye’s didn’t go up in price like everyone else has”.
    wanna know why? They’re using half the chicken patty they used to.  It’s WAY thinner and all breading. It was disgusting too.  I didn’t even eat half of it, I think.  My stomach was turning.  I say this for all fast food places I go to, yet I still go. 

We were talking about rising grocery prices at lunch yesterday and Aldi came up as a good place to go.  I always forget about Aldi. So I went there after my failed popeye run, and was in grocery heaven as I forgot about all the unique things they carry.  Prices have gone up with them too, but still the better bargain.  I noticed the “healthy aisle” like keto, organic, gluten free, high protein etc., was pretty much the same cost as the grocery stores, so I didn’t get much of the “specialty” items.
    Oh no!  I haven't had a Popeye's chicken sandwich in awhile.  But they recently came out with a Buffalo Ranch version of it and I was planning to try it soon.

Overall, I have noticed a lot of that.  Either prices are up or portions are smaller.  Or both.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker