Texas-Houston
Options

Courtyard on St James

Hi, I'm thinking about using the Courtyard on St James for my wedding in January. Can any brides give me reviews on their experience with them? Has anyone done their wedding with them in winter? Is it insane to think about having an outdoor wedding in January (average high temp is 66 for the last 3 years)? 

Any thoughts/advice would be really helpful!

Thanks!

Re: Courtyard on St James

• Options
    Although I'm having my wedding somewhere else, they were a close second. My experience with them, although limited was great. I think their prices were the most reasonable compared to all the other places I looked at...including mine! I don't know anyone who has had a wedding there personally, but all the knotties who have reviewed them have had nothing but good things to say. As far as winter weddings, maybe heat lamps might help, but I would be too worried about my guests being cold. I thought they did have indoor space for ceremonies, but I'm not sure. 

We got married 11/3/12!!

• Options
    I had a co-work to marry there and she didn't have any complaints. I wanted to go there, but they could accomdate my guest count.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    123: Invitedimage
    TBA: Attendingimage
    TBA: Declinedimage
    TBA: Not Repliedimage
    RSVP August 10, 2013
  • Options
    the courtyard is very nice and affordable.  And the coordinator seemed to be very good at her job.  The only thing i didn't like is that they can (and do) have 2 weddings at a time with very little separation.  But if you have a small guest list, that may not be a problem.
  • Options

I had my wedding there in January a little over 2 years ago.  We had our wedding in the bigger ballroom.  I have nothing but postive things to say about the Courtyard and their service.  The coordinator that I worked with (who is no longer there) was fantastic.  He returned emails promptly and worked with us about whatever we needed.  We didn't really use much of the outside space but it was available if anyone wanted to go out there. The only time I was outside is when my DH and I went outside to take some pictures with the twinkle lights and such.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

• Options
    I'm having my wedding there in November!  I have nothing but good things to say about them so far! It is a very pretty space to have a more intimate wedding.  We are having about 100 guests.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards