Honeymoon Discussions

Belated Honeymoon

Hello All,
My Husband and I got married Sep. 2020. We had to plan 3 completely different wedding within 5.5 months thanks to COVID constantly changing things on us, AKA it got worse the closer we got to our wedding dates. Anyway, we originally planned to go to Thailand for our honeymoon but with all the restrictions we have had to change plans and had postponed our Honeymoon until this year. I know we have been married two years almost but I feel like 1. WE need this time and experience and 2. I need this experience (COVID blocked our engagement party, the bridal shower, and our bachelor/bachelette parties). Is it crazy that I want to go all out this Honeymoon and pretend we JUST got married? 
Any reqs on what to wear? We are going to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and I told my husband I plan to be a little extra which he accepts and understood. 

Re: Belated Honeymoon

• It's completely normal to have a belated honeymoon. Even before covid, money, time and life meant lots of people honeymooned on their first, fifth or even fiftieth anniversary (or not at an anniversary at all). If you're staying at a resort that attracts a lot of honeymooners, you probably won't even be the only couple who are taking a honeymoon postponed by covid. 

You really don't need to wear anything special because of it being a honeymoon. Plan on normal beach things and be sure to take comfortable walking shoes and whatever else you need for your activities. Not sure what you mean by being extra, but definitely use the excuse to splurge on a special activity or experience that you'd only do for a special occasion. (If by extra you mean being obnoxious or demanding, don't.)
  • Awww, what a sweet idea to really celebrate your marriage after the craziness of Covid weddings! Puerto Vallarta is absolutely perfect for soaking up wedding vibes on your honeymoon.

As for outfits, lean into the newlywed fun! Flirty white sundresses, white bikinis, big sun hats - anything comfortable but romantic. Don't be afraid to gush over photos from your wedding day together.

Maybe buy yourselves fresh flowers or a "just married" sign for your room. Dance under the stars like no one is watching. Making special memories will help make up for lost time.

Most importantly, truly cherish this chance to reconnect without distractions. Wishing you smooth sailing and all the Hawaiian-shirt-clad toasts to your future together!
  • Awww, what a sweet idea to really celebrate your marriage after the craziness of Covid weddings! Puerto Vallarta is absolutely perfect for soaking up wedding vibes on your honeymoon.

As for outfits, lean into the newlywed fun! Flirty white sundresses, white bikinis, big sun hats - anything comfortable but romantic. Don't be afraid to gush over photos from your wedding day together.

Maybe buy yourselves fresh flowers or a "just married" sign for your room. Dance under the stars like no one is watching. Making special memories will help make up for lost time.

Most importantly, truly cherish this chance to reconnect without distractions. Wishing you smooth sailing and all the Hawaiian-shirt-clad toasts to your future together!

Welcome to The Knot!  Please check dates when you open and respond to posts.  This post is almost 18 months old.  You have resurrected a dead/zombie thread.  @KnotMod,  can you close this thread please?