Wedding Woes
Options

Monday again

Weekend was nice-  a mix of celebratory birthday moments, errands, grading and kid activities.  Too fast but I'm in countdown mode at this point.  Hoping everyone had good weekends and so-far-not-crazy-Monday mornings!

Re: Monday again

• Options
    Saturday was very productive for me.  I didn't have my CDC card with me when I got my first booster shot, back in December.  So my H and I went back to the same place and each got our second booster shot.  This time, we also took our cards with us, lol.

Getting my CDC card updated was extra important for me because, to get on the cruise ship, I have to be fully vaccinated plus at least the first booster shot.

On the bright side, the second booster shot didn't make me feel ill at all.  BUT I think it's been the worst one for my arm feeling tight and sore, around the injection site.  It's been almost two days and it still feels just as bad.  My H had the same experience.

I also did some grocery shopping and picked up prescriptions.

Sunday was a relaxing "mimosa" day.  I started watching The Dropout on Hulu.  It's about the Theranos CEO who was trying to invent a device, where people could test their own micro-sample of blood to check for 200+ diseases (something like that).  But because she was years away from having a working product, she kept faking the results to bilk millions of dollars ($700M) out of investors.

It's funny because I get caught up in the story and keep rooting for them to find the right solution and get the device to work.  Then I remember it's based on a true story and...they don't, lol.

For the mimosa, I tried using the new Monster Ultra Peachy-Keen flavor.  It came out great!  A peach-tasting mimosa is the perfect summer cocktail.  Plus Monster Ultras only have 5 calories and no carbs/sugar.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had such a nice and relaxing weekend that it almost makes it that much more annoying to be at work today..haha. 

Friday we sat out on the deck and had drinks after work. Perfect weather for it. 
    Saturday we both cleaned out our cars. I got some things done around the house. Took N's middle daughter out driving (newly permitted, only her 2nd time driving). Grilled for dinner. Made a fire and made s'mores with the kids. 
    Sunday I got my oil changed, we did some yardwork and then I floated in the pool for a bit. Aside from my allergies kicking my ass all weekend, it was great. 

• Options
    Weekend was busy!

Saturday DH and Chiquito left to camp.  Chiquito spiked a fever Thursday but it was down Friday and two neg covid tests later they were off!  

That afternoon Chiquita had her first of two soccer games and after it we went home, planted a part of the garden with flowers I picked up over Memorial Day and then we made dinner and watched Shrek.  Somehow in her 11 years she hadn't seen it so we had a nice night together.  I finished up some laundry and enjoyed the quiet!

Sunday I got up to clean up a bit, went to church with Chiquita and got home to see DH and Chiquito home from camping.  They had a great time and I got a BIG hug from my little guy.  That afternoon Chiquita had her 2nd game and we went home to finish more planting.  I had a TON of weeding to do but the front looks much better and now I have irises to transfer because I have historically seen blooms and NO flowers.  They need to go somewhere else in the yard.

DH and I are trying to figure out how to deal with his mom.  She does not have the social awareness or tact in a lot of encounters and we're trying to figure out what's the lesser of two evils when she runs her mouth.  It makes for some trying situations especially when dealing with owning a boat together.  She was in some kind of mood yesterday so I was grateful for my chore list to bring us home. 

This week Chiquita has a pretty cool trip coming up with GS so I'm hopeful that health stays on our side!
  • Options
    Sounds like everyone had a good weekend for the most part! 

Weekend was okay. Last week I had multiple nights of 2-4 hours of sleep and by the weekend I was just absolutely dead. I did manage to hike on Saturday and then yesterday I basically just hibernated. I forced myself to speed clean the house and then I took all the things to make me sleep. So this morning I have a little zzquil hangover but I slept a solid six hours so I’ll take it. This five days a week work thing is for the birds. I’m bracing myself because we have plans every weekend until past the Fourth of July and several of them are plans that involve 45-90 minutes of travel one way. 

In other news I need to get my act together and do a bunch of research today because we vote tomorrow. I’m so behind this time. 

• Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2022
    The last week was cuh-razy and it's continued into this week.  Niece's grad party was a huge success.  I seriously feel like I spent a week partying my ass off.  Going to bed at 1am and being up around 8am every day last week has caught up in a big way.  I feel like I'll never not be tired. But we've been enjoying the family time.  Lots of good talks and playing a shit-ton of euchre. 

BIL, SIL, nieces, niece's BF, and my nephews are all here.  DefConn is around too.  DH and I both have to work. Other SIL is coming tomorrow to take nephews home.   I'm probably going to try and take Thursday off. 

There's been some work stuff that's come around for DH and me.  It's a lot to think about. I'm hoping to chat with my boss today. 

I've been feeling like I've been shot out of a cannon since summer break started.  I'm hoping for some sleep this coming weekend.  That's my next chance, LOL.  
  • Options
    The weekend was relaxing.  I really didn't do much of anything beyond regular chores, watching The Boys (all I have is holy shit!!), some reading, and just enjoying some peace and quiet.  I made another focaccia recipe, but I did not like it, so it went into the trash.  I know what I did wrong, but I probably won't try this one again.

BFF called yesterday and we are making active plans for him to visit in the 3rd week of July.  I'm going to have a party with all of my people around me, b/c I just need it.  Otherwise, not too much going on.  BFF coming into town is teh only thing getting my butt into work right now, b/c I want to use the PTO to be able to hang out with him.
  • Options
    BK's party went well. It felt like chaos in the morning and leading up to it.

M took BK to gymnastics while I did groceries.
    Luckily it was fast enough that got everything put away and settled before they got back. M tried to get a helium tank filled but apparently we couldn't. He dropped BK off with her new balloon then went to a different location.

I gave BK some lunch and she helped me put some stuff away. We tried to get her to nap but at least she was in her room for quiet time. She did not sleep.

We're not at the point of pushing regular naps unless she's tired, but Saturday we had so much to do that it's easier to do without kid under foot lol

Just before quiet time was over, I headed out to get my granny and my mum. MIL, SFIL and M's grampa showed up while I was on my way back.

It went smoothly. I'll post a couple shots later.
    It was like 6:20 before anyone realized time and BK started getting overdone.

While I drove my mum and granny home, BK fell asleep on M - she was done for the day at 7:30pm and I dressed her while she was mostly still asleep lol
  • Options
    @levioosa, I'm glad you were able to catch up on some sleep.  I hope this week is better for you.  @mrsconn23, same to you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I forgot to mention.  I had my hair done on Friday for the first time in 2-3 years.  I love it!

The color came out great and they also trimmed about 4" off the end.  My hair is already long, so that trim brought it to my mid-back.  It feels so much lighter now.

And I don't know what Aveda products they used on my hair but, dang!  My hair feels extra soft and nourished.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    No more BK, just dragon

• Options

Luckily it was fast enough that got everything put away and settled before they got back. M tried to get a helium tank filled but apparently we couldn't. He dropped BK off with her new balloon then went to a different location.

I gave BK some lunch and she helped me put some stuff away. We tried to get her to nap but at least she was in her room for quiet time. She did not sleep.

We're not at the point of pushing regular naps unless she's tired, but Saturday we had so much to do that it's easier to do without kid under foot lol

Just before quiet time was over, I headed out to get my granny and my mum. MIL, SFIL and M's grampa showed up while I was on my way back.

While I drove my mum and granny home, BK fell asleep on M - she was done for the day at 7:30pm and I dressed her while she was mostly still asleep lol
    I'm glad BK's party went well.

Over the weekend, I learned there is a helium shortage.  Hospitals and industry get "first dibs".  Helium is also a non-renewable, finite resource.  It comes from gas deposits in the earth.  It is a super important gas that is used for all kinds of critical things.  MRI magnets, fiber optic cables, semi-conductor chips, just to name a few.

I always assumed helium was something humans made, but apparently not.

For the last fact I found interesting, apparently the US produces 75% of the world's helium.  And 40% of the US annual supply comes from one deposit near Amarillo, TX.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Kind of a quiet weekend, but today at my job the pace definitely picked up. On Friday all my assignments were either complete or a stopping points. Today I got deluged with work. I prefer it this way as long as I don't get overloaded.
  • Options

I'm glad BK's party went well.

Over the weekend, I learned there is a helium shortage.  Hospitals and industry get "first dibs".  Helium is also a non-renewable, finite resource.  It comes from gas deposits in the earth.  It is a super important gas that is used for all kinds of critical things.  MRI magnets, fiber optic cables, semi-conductor chips, just to name a few.

I always assumed helium was something humans made, but apparently not.

For the last fact I found interesting, apparently the US produces 75% of the world's helium.  And 40% of the US annual supply comes from one deposit near Amarillo, TX.
    I have not heard of this helium shortage! We only had an issue finding it because not a lot of party stores do it any more.
  • Options
    Jen4948 said:
    Kind of a quiet weekend, but today at my job the pace definitely picked up. On Friday all my assignments were either complete or a stopping points. Today I got deluged with work. I prefer it this way as long as I don't get overloaded.
    Good to hear from you!  How have things been going?  Is this a fairly new job?  If so, how is it going?

I think the last I remember is you were working for a start-up and they sucked.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2022
    I actually went to a store on Saturday and saw a sign that said they were out of helium but didn’t think anything of it. 
    Love new hairs @short+sassy! Hope you went out and showcased the new ‘do. That reminds me, mine is on the 19th and I’m not going out after it to show it off. Hmmpfh.  No one gets it as good as Meghan does! But I do love aveda too.  That reminds me, I want to get some salon shampoo next time I need to buy. Either aveda or redkin I think. 
    BK looks like she’s enjoying her day @MissKittyDanger
    @ILoveBeachMusic, we do a lot of travel for work and all I hear about is delayed flights from everyone traveling.  And it’s probably not going to get any better! Ugh. But glad it was a good trip aside from that. I can think of worse places to be stuck in! 

• Options
    I did a little reading on the helium and it looks like it's due to a few factors but the bottom line is that right now, parties may have fewer balloons.

• Options
    banana468 said:
    I did a little reading on the helium and it looks like it's due to a few factors but the bottom line is that right now, parties may have fewer balloons.

90 Day watchers - this is bad bad news for Kara.

• Options
    banana468 said:
    90 Day watchers - this is bad bad news for Kara.
    I definitely thought of her when I was reading about the helium shortage.

Thank goodness she is already moving on...again...to get her realtor's license, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker