Wedding Woes

Hump Day

Wishing everyone health today!  And a quick rest of the week!

Re: Hump Day

• Back atcha @ei34!  Just checking in before a busy day.  Hope everyone's hump day is smooth!
  • So glad it's Wednesday already. I have an appointment tomorrow for a SAAT procedure with an acupuncturist. It should supposedly help with my allergies which have been unbearable. It's all the way out in LI though so N and I are driving out tonight and staying at a hotel. Very much looking forward to a day off. 

SSDD other than that. 
  • Happy hump day! GL with that appt @climbingsingle, hopefully it works!

i had no sleep. I was up all night for some reason.  Yesterday was a meet up at a restaurant that was once a railroad station so it’s supposedly haunted so we signed up for a history/haunted tour of it.  Our tour
    guide was a bit late because of schedule conflicts so we got her last minute and she turned out to be excellent.  I want to support her and buy her books. Her story telling was so visionary.  I went to amazon and it’s $25.  I don’t read. That’s a lot of $$$ to bring paper onto my house to collect dust…. 
    I wish I could read. I mean, I can, obviously. I just hate it. Maybe I’ll just sign up for more of her tours? 

• So Monday night BK was a mess.
    She was overtired despite quiet time, and waking her from the car was a nightmare. Like meltdown mode.
    I told my mum to push more quiet time on Tuesday, and idk if she was less tired or it was just a better day, but she was fine after her car snooze.

I'm starting to think growth spurt cuz she ate so much yesterday lmao
    For dinner she had 2 helpings of spaghetti, then a bowl of raspberries and black berries, and a tiny ice cream sandwich.
    Then got home and ate maybe 3 mini nuggets lol

I told SFIL to play Thursday and Friday by how she is. SFIL wants to do museum Friday but he's going to play that on how she is Thursday. {ie; more run down, he's not taking her}
  • I’m glad N is doing better! @Casadena

I hope the treatment brings relief! @climbingsingle

Work and hike tonight for me. Still tired but better than the last two days so far. Trying to brace myself for a month and a half of plans every weekend and I’m losing my mind a little. There were some planning shenanigans about one of the events that kind of proves some theories I have about SIL B’s bf and I’m both annoyed and worried for her because I think he’s going to propose soon. But we’re not close at all so I’ll be on the side lines watching what I think is an inevitable train wreck. 

Otherwise SSDD. 

• I'm tired today.  I was restless last night.  My mind would not click off.  Ugh.  Also, I had an annoying song playing on a loop in my head.  DH was restless too, so that didn't help.   

Beyond ready for my long weekend and shopping day on Friday.  But since I am looking, it means I won't find shit in stores.  I always find all.the.things when I'm broke or not looking. 

I may order some stuff off Amazon to try as well.  OH and we bought a new ottoman for our living room because our other one was on its literal last leg.  The top of the new ottoman has two sections that flip over and are trays.  I can snuggle on the couch with DH now and have my drink within reaching distance.  We can also have a place to put snacks in the living room.  It's the little things.  LOL
  • @Casadena yay for N feeling better!!

@CharmedPam full moon problems. I woke up cuz BK had a nightmare and struggled to get back to sleep :\ I hate that.
  • Last day before vacation!  Almost, not quite, halfway through.

There has been a lot of annoying stuff going on, both at work and getting ready for my trip, but I'm trying to stay zen.  Just not doing a very good job of it, lol.  TBH, I'm on a high level of anxiety about a lot of things for this trip.  But mainly the COVID test I need to take before getting on the ship.  I feel fine, it's not that.  But my entire trip and a a lot of money would be ruined if I test positive.  I'll be wearing an N95 mask, at all times. In all the airports and the entire time I'm on the plane, even if it isn't required anymore.  N95 everywhere I go in Barcelona for the two days before my ship sails.  I know masks aren't perfect and don't guarantee anything, but it's the best I can do for precautions.

I have a lot to do tonight to finish getting ready.  But I made a new list this morning for what's left, so at least I'm organized and have a plan.

I'm especially looking forward to Prudie tomorrow, lmao.  Something fun to read and post on, while I'm spending hours in airports and on planes. 

One of the freebie packages that Norwegian gave me is two dinner nights in one of their specialty dining restaurants.  I already made a reservation for the first night (departure day) in their French restaurant.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good news @Casadena
    oh yeah, full moon @MissKittyDanger. Maybe? But I Always have trouble sleeping.  By the time I looked at my clock, it was 3 am and to late for ambien. It’s hard to get kids to go back to sleep after nightmares. Heck, even adults.  
    @short+sassy enjoy that restaurant and telll me if it was worth it. Celebrity has one too, and I have to make arrangements for our cruise for that first night discount too

• I'm already ready for the weekend.  Work is just draining; I'm just rather overwhelmed, but I 1000000% refuse to work overtime for this place.  Mainly b/c anything I do over and above my job, instead of being thanked for and recognized, becomes expectation.  Screw that.

Went out with some friend last night, but was still home early.  Went to bed early, slept late.  I'm trying to pay attention, b/c oversleeping is one of my signs of depression, but I'm feeling pretty good most days (still not trying to stop my anti depressant yet though, work is still stressful enough that when I tried 5mg, I started spiraling almost immediately), so I think it's just workload and heat.
  • I've been running errands today and got my toes done! I need to find a new place for a pedicure. My favorite part of it is the massage and the last two I've had have hardly had a massage at all. FWP. Glad to hear that N is doing better @Casadena. @CharmedPam I slept like crap last night. My trainer really worked me hard yesterday and every time I rolled over last night I hurt. Hope the acupuncture works @climbingsingle. Have a great trip @short+sassy
  • And @ILoveBeachMusic, you paid for that feeling!