Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Need opinion on dress, please!

Hi everyone

I bought this wedding dress and I absolutely love it. However, I am worried that it may be a little too sheer on top. I love it personally but am concerned about more conservative relatives' opinions and would rather it wasn't a talking point on the day. It is not a church wedding. 

My question is, is the it so sheer that it is tacky? ShouldI add lining? Or am I worrying too much? My figure is not overly curvy. I am UK size 10 / US size 6 with hint of an hourglass shape. 

Photos are model in an Instagram bridal account.

Thank you!  <3

Re: Need opinion on dress, please!

• Options
    OK so I am pretty conservative when it comes to wedding attire. I don't think this looks too sheer on the model. How do you feel in it? If you feel self conscious, I would look for something else.
  • Options
    You could also ask your alterations person to add a lining in that area if you think you would be more comfortable with a little more coverage.
  • Options
    Ok, that's great to hear, thank you! I feel great in it  :) 
  • Options
    If you're concerned about other people's opinions, the question is - is it the dress you want to wear on your wedding day?  

IMO - if you're concerned about the chest area being too sheer which is somewhat hard to determine given the image/lighting, maybe add a less-sheer liner there, but the torso area I'd leave alone as-is since it's not a church wedding.
  • Options
    MesmrEwe said:
    If you're concerned about other people's opinions, the question is - is it the dress you want to wear on your wedding day?  

IMO - if you're concerned about the chest area being too sheer which is somewhat hard to determine given the image/lighting, maybe add a less-sheer liner there, but the torso area I'd leave alone as-is since it's not a church wedding.
    I definitely see what you're saying. I was hoping to get the general opinion, especially of those who are leaning towards conservative tastes. I'm nowhere near as informed as to what's appropriate :):smiley: So no, I won't be worried on the day if I have a base sense myself that it is fine . And I will also look into what it would be like to add a sheer lining. 

Thank you! 
  • Options
    I am conservative about wedding attire, so take my opinion as you wish, but I would consider adding a liner to the bodice. You are less likely to see the boning that way, and won't have to worry at all if the dress is too sheer. 
  • Options
    looks amazing!