Wedding Woes
Options

Prime Day Tuesday

And my Amazon credit card is already burning up!

So far, I bought $130 worth of drinks/grocery items for $80.  One Amazon $50 gift card, that will give me a $12.50 credit back in two days.  One $50 gift card, discounted to $40, that can be used at a few places.

I've also been wanting to get some fleece-lined leggings for the winter.  50% off discount on those ($14).  It was such a good deal, I even bought a coordinating fleece-lined top to go with them.

I'm annoyed that having to do real work at the office is interrupting my shopping time, lol.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Prime Day Tuesday

• Options
    Right? Why did I go on amazon today?  I ended up with some quest bars on sale and boob tape.  Not sure if that was a lightening deal but it dropped from $15.71 to $12.81 from yesterday so I ordered it.  Where was the amazin gc? I saw bath and body works $50 for $40 which I like because I love the wall plugs and sprays. Plus rakenten will give me off some of that too.

ugh. Yesterday I was in a MOOD. I talked to my neice, who turned 10 yesterday- but that’s all who got my time.  My ear hurt from my ongoing TMJ ear pain AND my face is burning from a facial I got on Friday.  Like full on burnt.  Red bumps and all.  I put neosporin on it all weekend too and it’s been helping.  It should be gone by Thursday.  I’m not sure what caused it.  I got an IPL two weeks ago, and my face was fine so I got a microcurrent one Friday and BAM! My enrire face flared up.  It could have also been the cream she used because it was heavily fragranced. I was invited out to dinner tonight but I just want to go home and slather more neosporin on it and stay out of the public eye.

• Options
    @short+sassy You and I are opposites. We order delivery multiples times a week between diner and groceries but I have never seen anything worth buying on Prime Day. I do like that other stores seem to be picking it up though. 

DS is going to his first day at his new school tomorrow and I am so stoked. He has been home since basically the 24th but it feels much longer. We are just sending him to summer camp there to see if he likes it enough to switch him from his other school. Part of me hopes it isn't worth it and we keep him at his old school, but we'll see.

Other than that, I am just trying to stay caught up with school since having covid, DS staying home, and not having a sitter. DH is about to get on my last nerve with me about my needing study time. He doesn't realize how much I do while DS is at school and how many hours I have lost since he's been home.
  • Options
    Doing my prime shopping too. I already bought a new deck chair and a beach umbrella. My umbrella didn't survive the last trip to OBX last year. So glad I remembered since I'll need it for Ocean City next month. Also debating getting some Laneige products. 

SSDD here. It's hot. We're supposed to get storms later. 
  • Options
    I've got M measuring our front hall because the set up I had in my cart drop from $275 to $183 and if it fits, I ships.

Old Navy also having great sale. So I'm probably ordering a few things early for BK
  • Options
    I've got some things I want to order from Amazon so will also check out the GC. I'm buying Christmas presents for the twins and a couple of dresses for me. SSSD for me otherwise.
  • Options
    Right? Why did I go on amazon today?  I ended up with some quest bars on sale and boob tape.  Not sure if that was a lightening deal but it dropped from $15.71 to $12.81 from yesterday so I ordered it.  Where was the amazin gc? I saw bath and body works $50 for $40 which I like because I love the wall plugs and sprays. Plus rakenten will give me off some of that too.

ugh. Yesterday I was in a MOOD. I talked to my neice, who turned 10 yesterday- but that’s all who got my time.  My ear hurt from my ongoing TMJ ear pain AND my face is burning from a facial I got on Friday.  Like full on burnt.  Red bumps and all.  I put neosporin on it all weekend too and it’s been helping.  It should be gone by Thursday.  I’m not sure what caused it.  I got an IPL two weeks ago, and my face was fine so I got a microcurrent one Friday and BAM! My enrire face flared up.  It could have also been the cream she used because it was heavily fragranced. I was invited out to dinner tonight but I just want to go home and slather more neosporin on it and stay out of the public eye.
    Amazon.com: Gift Cards

I tried to copy the link (above) for the Amazon $50 gift card promo, but I couldn't figure out how to make it "live".

Originally, I accidentally stumbled across it.  From the main page, not the Prime Day page, I clicked on the big Prime Day banner.  Then there was a box somewhere on that page that said something like "Save up to 25% on gift cards".  When I clicked on that box, it was the first thing listed and was a big area explaining how the promo worked.

Unfortunately, if you check the box that says "gift cards" in the Prime Day area, that promo doesn't come up.

As a reminder, for those of you that have an Amazon credit cards, all purchases made on Prime day are 6% back instead of 5% back ;).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @ei34 I'm glad they at least removed you. What the hell is he even thinking?
  • Options
    I was supposed to do yoga over lunch but my call is running over and i'm annoyed.  I feel like it's rude to come in really late so i'm just skipping and will try to go for a walk this afternoon.  I have food in the work fridge, but I REALLY don't want it.  So i think i'm going to go pick something up.  

G started a new treatment phase last week and isn't feeling awesome.  He's been home with H the last couple days.  He'll have shorter bursts of energy and then crazy mood swings and then just crash and he's eating non-stop (on high doses of steroids).  His immune system is basically non-existent right now and that's way too intense for his teachers to deal with even if he wanted to go to school.  He'll probably be home the majority of the next couple months.  He's in a dad only phase which overall is a good things since H is the one home with him, but it hurts more than it should when your baby is screaming at you to go away and not come downstairs when all I want to do is snuggle and comfort.  Luckily, N is in a mom only phase so at least we're not dealing with both kids only wanting one of us!!!  

H and I were able to see our therapist virtually last week and had a good session.  We're working on communicating better when we're frustrated.  We both have a tendency to shut down when things are bothering us.  
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @casadena Ugh poor G, that's so crummy that he's feeling unwell and that it'll last a while.  Glad that you and your H got in a therapy session *sending love*

@climbingsingle who knows...even in our happiest times I didn't like the way he handled money.  In our pre-marriage counseling I got him to agree on some things but years later when he was flying off the rails he fell back into bad habits (mainly, spending like tomorrow is his last day on earth on pay day...which is the opposite of me, I have to remind myself to make one $20ish purchase per month so I can show the credit reporting agencies that I use my credit card lol).  I think he liked that thought he was dragging me down in some way.  Debating whether to tell him I'm off the joint account or letting him just find out that it's his problem.
  • Options
    Sounds like if he depletes the joint checking then her finances are bad and she's not able to do the things she wants to do if he continues to ruin HER credit.  And then she has to rely on him because despite royally screwing her over she'll need what $ he's able to contribute.

Or this is just a way to say f*ck you if you're taking the marriage I'm taking your $. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    Sounds like if he depletes the joint checking then her finances are bad and she's not able to do the things she wants to do if he continues to ruin HER credit.  And then she has to rely on him because despite royally screwing her over she'll need what $ he's able to contribute.

Or this is just a way to say f*ck you if you're taking the marriage I'm taking your $. 
    I guess I just find it extra weird that there's never even enough money in that account to cover that kind of a payment. And since it was a joint account only used for bills, it's not even like he's taking "her" money. 

But my ex did some seriously crazy shit that made no sense as well! 
  • Options
    Picked up Old Navy deal - 6 long sleeves, 4 undershirts, 8 socks, 2 hoodies & 4 piece pj set {tshirt, shorts, pants, long sleeve}

For $115 - that's with taxes and shipping!
  • Options
    @casadena so sorry that G is going through a tough chemo right now. Prayers that it is all working! Glad you and your H are getting some skills to cope with all that is going on in your lives. Hugs for you all.
  • Options
    banana468 said:

I guess I just find it extra weird that there's never even enough money in that account to cover that kind of a payment. And since it was a joint account only used for bills, it's not even like he's taking "her" money. 

That's why my only guess is that messing up her credit means that it hurts her future financial options and this is what he has left?

• Options
    banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

That's why my only guess is that messing up her credit means that it hurts her future financial options and this is what he has left?
    I just wanted to make a quick add-on to this.  Overdrawing a bank account doesn't affect a person's credit score at all.  Though I suppose the bank could eventually send someone to collections if they never paid the bank back for the overdraw, and that would affect a credit score.

However, if a person's account gets closed due to NSFs, the people on the account will usually get reported to ChekSystems, which will make it more difficult to get a bank account in the future.

Either way, @ei34, I'm glad you were able to get yourself removed from the account.  Especially since I'm sure he's causing NSF fees.  I hope you aren't on that credit card either, because they also charge fees every time a debit from them is bounced.  On top of a late fee, if that causes the monthly payment to be late.  Geez, dude.  Just pay the minimum payment when he knows there is never thousands in that account.

I'd recommend you don't tell him.  It's not information he needs to know.  It doesn't financially harm him at all to know you've taken yourself off the account.  But it might rile him up, when he's already being so difficult, if he finds out. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am exhausted.  I made a mistake at work; it's not unfixable, but it is just further proof that I am overwhelmed and burnt out.  So, I was upset with myself over that, and 2 other people have run afoul of my mood with ridiculous, stupid requests that 1. have not a goddamn thing to do with my job and I look obviously busy and 2. your emergencies that I have been warning you about for months are not my sudden problem right now.  The people who have been doing their work all along and helped me fix my mistake absolutely are priority and will continue to be so.

I really need to come in another day this week, but I am just not taking time away from me and BFF.  I need this break, it's obvious I'm pushed far beyond any patience/breaking point.  So, SSDD, I guess.  Just a little over 24 hours out from BFF being here and I am so excited!!
  • Options
    Casadena said:
    I was supposed to do yoga over lunch but my call is running over and i'm annoyed.  I feel like it's rude to come in really late so i'm just skipping and will try to go for a walk this afternoon.  I have food in the work fridge, but I REALLY don't want it.  So i think i'm going to go pick something up.  

G started a new treatment phase last week and isn't feeling awesome.  He's been home with H the last couple days.  He'll have shorter bursts of energy and then crazy mood swings and then just crash and he's eating non-stop (on high doses of steroids).  His immune system is basically non-existent right now and that's way too intense for his teachers to deal with even if he wanted to go to school.  He'll probably be home the majority of the next couple months.  He's in a dad only phase which overall is a good things since H is the one home with him, but it hurts more than it should when your baby is screaming at you to go away and not come downstairs when all I want to do is snuggle and comfort.  Luckily, N is in a mom only phase so at least we're not dealing with both kids only wanting one of us!!!  

H and I were able to see our therapist virtually last week and had a good session.  We're working on communicating better when we're frustrated.  We both have a tendency to shut down when things are bothering us.  
    My hubby and are are doing the same same!  Only he is the one that shuts down, I am the one that tries to resolve things and gets frustrated that he shuts down.  We had to do it virtually as well.  We just started with a new therapist and we have limited time, so we hope our next session goes well.

• Options
    Work is much better today.  Yesterday was go go go, and today I'm waiting to get answers from people .... and then when I do it will be go go go again.  Nice to have a bit of a break, but frustrating to be waiting.  I might leave early.  Waiting for a meeting that is 30 minutes late now though .... that's a bit frustrating.

• Options
    kerbohl said:
    Casadena said:

My hubby and are are doing the same same!  Only he is the one that shuts down, I am the one that tries to resolve things and gets frustrated that he shuts down.  We had to do it virtually as well.  We just started with a new therapist and we have limited time, so we hope our next session goes well.
    Good luck!  I feel like our communication styles have ebbed and flowed a lot over our 12 years together and we're figuring out how to do everything all over again. Our therapist has definitely helped give us some steps to handle it better.  We've only had a few sessions total this year but it's been a really positive experience. 
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    So last year when our initial divorce papers were submitted to court (March 2021) we were separated from each other financially.  He is not entitled to any of my pension or retirement savings earned since then...he claims he has stocks, if he actually does I am not entitled to their earnings...if either of us won megamillions tomorrow the other wouldn't be entitled to half.  We've never had a joint credit card.  Everything has been separate except for one joint checking account that we opened together when we moved in together over a decade ago, and the agreement was that we'd each contribute the same amount each month to cover shared expenses (utilities, streaming, groceries, kid stuff).  
    He had a credit card that he was abusing but finally paid it off in April of '21.  My name wasn't on it but I guess I could've been on the hook in some way if it was still active since it was open prior to the divorce papers being submitted.  But, it was paid off and is now closed and my lawyers stated I am in the clear.  This current credit card was opened in fall '21.  So well past the financial separation.  I did check with my lawyer and he said what you said @short+sassy, that overdrawing from a checking acct won't hurt my credit.  He advised removing myself from the account and I am glad that I did, I was worried about a collection agency.  I already sent the lawyer a copy of the "no longer on this account" letter to be added to the paperwork.  My credit scores are in the "excellent" range and I intend on them staying there.  

climbing and banana, I think it's a mix of him being his vindictive and irresponsible self.  Maybe he wants to try and hurt me financially (as if the lawyer fees and carrying a heavier financial load aren't enough), maybe he just likes that he has an account he can fall back on (though that's really the bank's fault too...like it's a freaking checking account decline the ridiculous charge in the first place).  I moved the bills that automatically deducted from the account to my personal checking acct.  So I truly don't care what happens to the account now.
  • Options
    Some men think that way @ei34.  My friend kicked out her alcoholic cheating husband and she knew they’d go through a long separation (this is 2020, when courts were closed for that kinda stuff and then moved to the slow paced zooms). He took out a loan to pay for an entire year of rent (he ended up needing more than that) and to furnish it.  Probably thinking the debt would go to both of them.
    nope. He was wrong.  He was entirely on the hook.