Outdoor Weddings
Options

Outdoor/fancy summer camp venues

We’re looking for venues that have an outdoors/nature feel that focus on having everyone stay on the property for the weekend. Places that have organized activities would be a bonus.

Open to any unique outdoor venues

Open to having the wedding anywhere in the country with reasonable access to the airport.

Places that we like:

The Brown Mountain Beach Resort in North Carolina

Island Wood in Washington

Cedar Lakes Estate in New York    (way over our budget)

Any suggestions welcome!

Re: Outdoor/fancy summer camp venues

• Options
    Before you make any of these choices have you talked to your VIP guests and asked them where they're comfortable traveling and how long they're comfortable staying?  These are 3 places that are thousands of miles away from each other so if you haven't done it yet, talk to them about budget and timing and then work from there.

I say this as the sibling of someone who is planning his wedding and he threw out locations and I had to tell him that there were some things that were non-starters for me and there was no amount of wishing that would make a long DW attainable for our parents to attend. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice! Almost everyone coming has to fly (family and friends spread all over the world) and most of the people coming like to travel. 
  • Options
    2 awesome places in Wall Township, NJ (central Jersey) that would fit the bill - Pat’s 30 Acres and Oak Tree Lodge. I looked into both for my wedding and while we we ended up being able to book on the Jersey shore (our top choice), both had tons of space and great customizable wedding packages! Both within easy driving distance of Newark Airport or even the smaller regional airport in Atlantic City
  • Options
    The Mount Washington Hotel in New Hampshire is stunning, and if you book early enough, would have rooms for your guests. It's a massive hotel with a wrap around veranda in a gorgeous setting. But you need to reserve your rooms very early in the planning process, as they are usually fully booked in the summer months.