Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday

Welp, just got a text that one of my favorite local restaurants is hosting a MAGA rally.  So, we're messing with the reviews.  If anyone wants to join in, just PM me and I'll send you their FB page.  

Otherwise, SSDD.  I'm trying to do one thing a day that gets me closer to overall goals (more if possible, but always at least 1).  So today, I worked out this morning, which really does make me feel better, but this sleep thing is ugh.  Following up with my primary today, b/c they haven't called for the sleep apnea (I don't think, I'm terrible at listening to the full voicemail and right now the hospital calls all the time b/c of the allergy shots).  Don't have too much else to post really.

Re: Tuesday

• Options
    It's going to be HOT. 

I had to explain to the kiddos that I had zero guilt over not signing them up for soccer camp this week when I'm not going to ask them to run around at 6 PM in the super heat when the COULD be in a pool

So pool it is tonight. 

We'll likely see MIL and FIL later and I am going to do my best to be positive while I know MIL is going to return home and have a list of ways that my SIL sucks.

And since she talks about anyone I have to wonder what stories she told about us while they were visiting. 
  • Options
    I moved most of my stuff yesterday to my new work space.  I was planning to finish today, but I also have a lot to do.  I might push it to tomorrow, lol.

I'm kinda wondering how long I can get away with it!  Someone else is moving to my current spot, but I haven't seen any sign of them yet.  I'm thinking about getting everything pared down to just one box of every day essentials.  That I can move in just a few minutes, when the new person comes.

--------------

On a totally different note, I've mentioned before that my goal is to one day make enough rental income to be able to quit my job (if I wanted to).  My next real estate goal towards achieving that is either get into buying a small apartment complex or short-term rentals (not in NOLA, though).

On the apartment side, it would be so much easier to buy with an investment group.  But you need to be an accredited investor to do that.  Last time I looked up the requirements, I was close, but not quite there.  I just looked them up again because there is an opportunity I would really like to get in on.  A Class B apartment complex in Austin, which is such an in-demand, growth city.  And...eeek, I'm qualified now!

It would be a huge step.  I need to talk to my H and also do more research.  They opened up funding about one week ago.  The project is 60% funded, so hopefully there is still time to get my ducks in a row and decide if I want this.

FWIW, the RE investment company that has this offering has been around a long time and is well respected in the industry.  The guy who founded it is a brilliant RE investor.  I bought his book years ago, when I first got my personal duplex.  It laid a solid foundation for me and saved me a lot of "trial and error".
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    For those of you traveling by air this summer, here's an article with the 10 worst airports for cancellations and a second list of the 10 worst airports for delays:

These US airports are the worst for cancellations and delays this summer (wdsu.com)

I see Charlotte...my 6-hour delay that made me miss my original Barcelona flight...is on both lists.

In a nutshell, FL and NYC airports are a good chunk of both lists.

Chicago Midway isn't on the cancellation list at all, but is #1 for delays.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Night training is so fkn hard when you need to work the next day *sigh*

We're not pushing BK but she wants to wear undies to bed - fine. She knows rules, if she pees and we have an extra sheet then she can go back undies. If not it's a pull up.
    I was off Monday luckily, because she woke up at 6am because she peed.
    Luckily because I was off, I went back to sleep for awhile.

She use to be dry over nights and then stopped, so maybe we need to stop so she's back to dry over nights again.

Hamilton on Saturday was good but it's so late. It's an 8pm showing and if you've never seen it, it's almost 3hrs long.
    Obv since BK was at my mum's {we saw show with IL's} it meant M & I could sleep in.
    Honestly we both slept like shit.

I felt restless all night. By 8am I'd been up and down so much I gave up and woke up.
    Started coffee and decided to scrub my kitchen by my trash - which is also by a wall.
    I didn't mop but I hand wiped it all - floor and wall - and honestly .... ew.

Also luckily, BK was so tired that when she came home she crashed. So did we lol
  • Options
    We’re in for a heatwave too.  Ugh. My least favorite part of Summer. The Summer part.
    School starting up is so early @mrsconn23! Yikes!

in other news Bath & Body works has Halloween warmers/scents out. I only have a 1,200 sq ft home but there isn’t a place to walk where a new scent won’t hit ya.  Yesterday I was driving home and saw that I’d be in rush hour traffic so pulled onto an exit with an outlet mall. A tumbleweed could have passed you.  It was once thriving and now 4 stores remain open.  It’s SAD!

• Options

We're not pushing BK but she wants to wear undies to bed - fine. She knows rules, if she pees and we have an extra sheet then she can go back undies. If not it's a pull up.

She use to be dry over nights and then stopped, so maybe we need to stop so she's back to dry over nights again.

Hamilton on Saturday was good but it's so late. It's an 8pm showing and if you've never seen it, it's almost 3hrs long.
    Obv since BK was at my mum's {we saw show with IL's} it meant M & I could sleep in.

I felt restless all night. By 8am I'd been up and down so much I gave up and woke up.
    Started coffee and decided to scrub my kitchen by my trash - which is also by a wall.

Also luckily, BK was so tired that when she came home she crashed. So did we lol
    Kids wetting at night if they are dry during the day likely just aren't ready.  

My kids are/were night wetters.  Their pedi advised they will grow out of it.  Chiquita was 10 when she started with undies to bed and she was fully day trained at 2.5.
  • Options
    banana468 said:

Kids wetting at night if they are dry during the day likely just aren't ready.  

My kids are/were night wetters.  Their pedi advised they will grow out of it.  Chiquita was 10 when she started with undies to bed and she was fully day trained at 2.5.
    Yeh we aren't pushing but she wants undies every night. I'd be fine to let her be dry all night again.
    M was a bed wetter for a bit but I never did {I was fully day/night trained same time}
  • Options
    WFH yesterday which was a nice little extension of my weekend. 

My nephew's christening was Sunday. I got to see so many of my relatives I hadn't seen since before Covid! It was really great. 

We're going to be in the mid to high 90s all week. Ugh. Very thankful I don't have to work outside for a living. 

We also booked flights today for our trip out west in October! Cannot wait. 
  • Options
    Also bracing for a heat wave tomorrow. And I’m still fighting a sinus/ chest infection which is a huge bummer. I need a nap. 
  • Options
    Ugh it is so hot! The Y didn't even feel like the AC was on this morning -  I know it was but still. I got my hair cut and colored this morning. It was out of control. I don't know why it grew so much this time. She also fixed the color - it had lightened a lot. I really like this new person I've been going to. I came home and ironed a ton of linen things. We are going OOT for a board retreat this weekend and stopping to see FIL for a couple of days. When we get back I will have 1 day before we have company for the race on the 31st. I need to get the guest room and bathroom ready before we leave this weekend. 

We had a fun weekend with DS1, DIL and DS2. Went to our fave Mexican place and they had the gazpacho that I absolutely love! 
  • Options
    I couldn't resist and read an article about the difference between pepperoni (by far, my favorite pizza topping) and salami.

Aha!  Pepperoni is actually a specific type of salami.  "Salami" is a broad term that describes a lot of sausages. 

Pepperoni was invented in NYC.  And you generally won't find it anywhere else, but in North America.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I couldn't resist and read an article about the difference between pepperoni (by far, my favorite pizza topping) and salami.

Aha!  Pepperoni is actually a specific type of salami.  "Salami" is a broad term that describes a lot of sausages. 

Pepperoni was invented in NYC.  And you generally won't find it anywhere else, but in North America.
    pepperoni is the BEST. 

*actually pepperoni and pineapple is my favorite
  • Options
    We’re in for a heatwave too.  Ugh. My least favorite part of Summer. The Summer part.

in other news Bath & Body works has Halloween warmers/scents out. I only have a 1,200 sq ft home but there isn’t a place to walk where a new scent won’t hit ya.  Yesterday I was driving home and saw that I’d be in rush hour traffic so pulled onto an exit with an outlet mall. A tumbleweed could have passed you.  It was once thriving and now 4 stores remain open.  It’s SAD!
    Most of the outlet malls around here are ghost towns too.  The one closest to us has BBW and Old Navy among a few others.  I love going to BBW and getting their hand soaps for a buck or two.
  • Options
    MNNEBride said:

Most of the outlet malls around here are ghost towns too.  The one closest to us has BBW and Old Navy among a few others.  I love going to BBW and getting their hand soaps for a buck or two.
    Oh those are GOOD prices.  Not at mine. They can take the word “outlet” out of their name.  I don’t think what I bought was any cheaper than the regular store.  But I needed the break in driving. 

• Options
    Casadena said:

pepperoni is the BEST. 

Interesting!  I know pineapple is usually paired with ham.  I like that sweet/salty combo, on occasion.

But I bet it's even better with pepperoni, because of the slight hint of pepper/spicy.  Now I want to try it!  Thanks for the idea.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Casadena said:

pepperoni is the BEST. 

Interesting!  I know pineapple is usually paired with ham.  I like that sweet/salty combo, on occasion.

But I bet it's even better with pepperoni, because of the slight hint of pepper/spicy.  Now I want to try it!  Thanks for the idea.  
    You're welcome!  I think it's the best but get lots of weird looks when i order becuase people are so anit pineapple!
  • Options
    Casadena said:

pepperoni is the BEST. 

We usually do ham and pineapple, but we'll do smoked chicken BBQ pizza and I love putting pineapple on that.  We do a BBQ/ranch sauce on that pizza. But I'll have to try pepperoni and pineapple for funsies.