Wedding Woes

It’s Monday!

I can’t beileve all I did this weekend!  Museum, botanical gardens, dinner, 2 state park hikes, cave tour and lunch with a weekend getaway crew.  One lady was even like “We did a lot in 2 days. I feel like I’ve wasted my weekends before this”. And it’s true. You CAN do a lot in 2 days. I had a blast with everyone on it.  And I didn’t even drive.
But my August weekends look dull and nothing on meetup is really scheduled. Boo hiss. 
I got a response from a local tattoo artist.  I have a feeling if I want my tattoo done this year, I won’t be getting it from a Salem MA native.  I’ll have to go local.  And I believe it’s time because I’m noticing them on so many people lately and getting jealous “oh THEY get a tattoo and I don’t?”Problem is, I want someone good. Not just anybody.  I could probably get in real quick with just anybody.

Re: It’s Monday!

• @CharmedPam, congrats on the fun-filled weekend!

I recently found out that, people with disabilities, are entitled to a lifetime pass to state parks that waives the entrance fees.  I haven't jumped on it yet, but it's on my to-do list.

I really need a weekend getaway at the beach.  I feel like my H and I are too busy right now, though I'd like to see if we can set something up for August.  We are already going away for a long weekend in September.  But that's to Branson for a seminar about vacation rentals.  It'll be fun, but also some work.  So much to do!  So little time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow @CharmedPam that sounds like a great weekend!  Did you do all that right in the Chicago area?!  I love the botanic garden near us, it's super fun to walk through and G loves the area where you are encouraged to touch and smell everything.  Now that N is walking full time we definitely want to do more "hiking" at the nature preserves around us.  I think both boys would have fun exploring!  

Weekend was good!  H took N with him Saturday to an extended family get together and G and I played at home and did a Costco trip.  Close contact with too many ppl and outside all day is not the best for him right now.  I think H had a good time getting out of the house and seeing some family that he hasn't seen in a few years. Most of them have never even met our kids!  Yesterday we took the boy the IL's for a couple hours to say hi and let one of H's aunts meet the kiddos in a smaller more comfy setting.  G took a bit to warm up but was hugging and playing by the time they had to leave!
  • We had a pretty good weekend. Bills training camp & lounging on Saturday, we a 5k (with the stroller!) on Sunday. Then relaxed with some movies and snuggles because someone skipped their nap. H and I had dinner out on our deck after M went to bed early. 
  • Casadena said:
    Wow @CharmedPam that sounds like a great weekend!  Did you do all that right in the Chicago area?!  I love the botanic garden near us, it's super fun to walk through and G loves the area where you are encouraged to touch and smell everything.  Now that N is walking full time we definitely want to do more "hiking" at the nature preserves around us.  I think both boys would have fun exploring!  

Weekend was good!  H took N with him Saturday to an extended family get together and G and I played at home and did a Costco trip.  Close contact with too many ppl and outside all day is not the best for him right now.  I think H had a good time getting out of the house and seeing some family that he hasn't seen in a few years. Most of them have never even met our kids!  Yesterday we took the boy the IL's for a couple hours to say hi and let one of H's aunts meet the kiddos in a smaller more comfy setting.  G took a bit to warm up but was hugging and playing by the time they had to leave!
    Baby M is the same way- it takes him about an hour to warm up to people then he’s good!
  • In a first time in a LONG time I just received an email this morning trying to throw me under a bus.

I wrote to the person's manager stating that I GET that we're stressed but I have no intention of participating in a volley of barbs and I'm happy to address things after an upcoming conference call.  

I work with numerous manufacturing facilities and won't be scolded.
  • Well I spent Wed-Saturday wondering if I had Covid. Again. It's going around my office for the hundredth time, and I had a low fever Wednesday night. I feel slightly better today (and I'm back at the office).  Still testing negative, but I'm so exhausted. 

On top of that, I have a UTI. The hits just keep on coming. 

Hoping this week goes fast. We're going to AC Friday for a long weekend. 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Ugh feel better @climbingsingle (why are people who can do their jobs remotely in person?!)
    @charlotte989875 and @CharmedPam sounds like nice weekends!
    @short+sassy read this article yesterday, it reminded me a bit of you...I mean, you're happily married, but the real estate piece lol https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/29/realestate/investing-self-care-real-estate-women.html

Weekend had some nice family time and pool time.  This morning DS had his every-few-months checkup with the ENT doctor who has followed him from birth.  I always like the visit because the doctor has a special tool that sucks all of the wax and build up from his right ear.  (One of his congenital hearing defects includes a barely-there ear canal, so I can't remove wax the way I can from his left ear or my daughters'.)  The doctor paused, said he saw something between the canal and drum, and proceeded to perform a mini-surgery, extracting a sizable medical gauze.  At his last visit in April it wasn't there.  We've made a few visits to the regular pediatrician for ear aches and infections since, and he feels one of the peds must have inserted it bc they do help get prescribed ear drops where they have to go.  A big contributor to that bone infection/emergency surgery he had in Nov 2020 was ear drops from a Sept '20 ear infection not getting to the drum.  The regular visit/hearing test will take place in a couple of weeks because of today's unexpected turn.  But I left feeling really sad/overwhelmed/taxed.  I feel like I should've known the gauze was still in there.  Dr. said even the regular peds can't see it with their tools so how would I have known.  But I feel bad.  My therapist does help me with mom-guilt related to the divorce but I feel like I'll need some buildup on just the day to day parenting too.
  • @ei34 please don't be hard on yourself! I know, easier said than done. There was no way you could have known! 
  • Oh @ei34, I totally get where you’re coming from. There’s no way you could know but you feel like you should know. You’re a great mom. You take him to the appointments, you know when something isn’t right and you get it taken care of. That’s all you can do. 

You’re doing great! 
  • @ei34, I know you feel bad for your DS, but you're a good mom!  The ENT himself said there was no way you could have seen there was still some gauze in his ear.  But that is scary.

Unfortunately, I couldn't read the article you linked to.  Darn you NY Times, wanting me to pay a subscription fee, lol.

Speaking of NYC, I saw a couple weeks ago that their restaurant month spans from around mid July-mid August.  Note to self:  visit NYC next year during restaurant month.

NOLA's restaurant month starts today and runs through the end of August. However, I don't recommend coming here in August, even for good food deals.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker