Honeymoon Discussions

honeymoon ideas

Hello All, 
My future husband and I are totally clueless when it comes to what to do for our honeymoon. We get married Dec. 3rd of this year, and are wanting to be away for 4-5 days. We live in Texas and would love any ideas or advice

Re: honeymoon ideas

• Hello All, 
    My future husband and I are totally clueless when it comes to what to do for our honeymoon. We get married Dec. 3rd of this year, and are wanting to be away for 4-5 days. We live in Texas and would love any ideas or advice

So much depends on a budget and interests.  Going somewhere a little colder to catch the "Christmas Chaos" could be a fun change of pace.  Since rates for everything could be fairly expensive in December, you could also consider postponing your trip until after the first of the year, when holiday rates settle down.  You might get more bang for your buck by waiting.

• What kind of trip do you want? Beach? Mountains? Snow? 
  • All of this is really dependent on your likes and budget. 

If you're in Texas I'd consider Gulf coast somewhere so your transit time is short.  But if you want something cooler then head north to ski.  Think of whether or not you'll drive or fly because that cuts down time too. 
  • What do you normally do for fun? Museums? Shopping? City stuff? Or do you like hiking? Lying on a beach?  Wine tasting? Think about these things and then search for nearby places that can accommodate your interests. Just be aware that if you fly, cold weather in the north and east can disrupt flights all over the country.