Wedding Woes
Options

Helloooo?

Anyone home?  I just got done with a meeting and moved my next one to tomorrow because I'm talked out and I have shit to.get.done.  LOL

SSDD otherwise.  Prudie is coming up. 

Re: Helloooo?

• Options
    Trying to figure out my life at work. Popping to say hi. 

Every time I call IT I want to scream. Lol

• Options
    Having a nutty day.  I had to take Chiquita for her physical and now I'm in the catch up pre vacation prep mode.  I'm a hamster on a wheel.

• Options
    levioosa said:

Opening tickets and working with IT is one of my least favorite parts of my new role.  Especially having to keep track of tickets, LOL. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Anyone home?  I just got done with a meeting and moved my next one to tomorrow because I'm talked out and I have shit to.get.done.  LOL

SSDD otherwise.  Prudie is coming up. 
    Yes!  Like Prudie.  Priorities after all, jk.

Overall, it's been a really annoying day.  I was looking forward to lunch and decided to treat myself to Taco Bell.  They have a new double-stuffed steak burrito that is just what I was craving.  But instead, that visit made me more angry and frustrated.

I used to go to this particular TB fairly often (once a month or so), because it is somewhat close to my work...though very trafficky to get there...and I could place an online order and it would be waiting for me when I got there.  In and out of the store in less than one minute.

But their dine-in has been closed since the pandemic and their drive-thru is a nightmare, so I've only been there once or twice in the last two years.  I was hopeful because, on the app, I could chose "pick up".  Nope.  I get there and it's still the drive thru only.

20 minute wait just to get to the window.  But I got a text my order was ready and the "tracking" on the app shows it's ready.  Nope.  It is not.  They even had to look for the slip that outlined what I ordered.  So I'm sitting at the window for another 8 minutes.  They give me part of my order.  I'm waiting another 2ish minutes.  The employee at the window quizzically asked if I needed anything else.  Me, "Yes, the rest of my order."  More scrambling.  

But you can't tell what stuff is that is wrapped up is.  So, of course when I get back to the office, of the five items I ordered (I got extra for leftovers) only two of them are correct!  Fortunately, one of the correct items is my steak burrito.  Which does NOT look like it has "double the steak" of their steak quesadilla.  It's actually a fairly small looking burrito.  Despite being $7, it has no produce in it.  It's just steak, cheese, tortilla strips, and some kind of spicy sauce that I don't care for.  Ugh!  So much for my special lunch treat.  The whole order was $17 and none of it was worth it.

Oh well. I guess I'll wait another year before I try that TB again.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    BK had a great time at the museum yesterday. Her fave was the TRex

M also got her a souvenir. It's a frog and she's named it Cuddles.
    You squeeze it and has little eggs but BK called it poop. M reminded her about frog life cycles.
    She's accepted it's not poop but it's baby frogs. Not tadpoles.
    *shrug* She's partly right so I'm not arguing lol
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    levioosa said:

Opening tickets and working with IT is one of my least favorite parts of my new role.  Especially having to keep track of tickets, LOL. 
    Legit the conversation I had felt like that Kuzco poison scene straight from Emperor’s New Groove. 

• Options
    Meetings are done!  I don’t even wanna know the pounds that were packed on since Monday. 

Also, why is this the slowest week ever?

• Options
    Tomorrow I'm solo and right now doesn't seem super great on picking up BK's bedframe. Ikea stock is awwwfuullllll

I drop BK with MIL when she's home, and then I think I'm picking up grocery store sushi, and going home.
    I'm painting my mudroom and then doing a mask and having a CBD drink to just veeggggg

{note included - I need to mop my front hall too}
  • Options
    More Murphy's Law of the day.

Head's up, this is a bathroom and gross sewerage-related story.  Not the prettiest of subjects.

I got to work this morning and discovered that my badge's clip had broken off.  Annoying, but not really a big deal.  I usually don't wear it and only clip it on if I'm leaving my floor.

I go to the restroom on my floor after I returned from my frustrating and annoying experience at TB.  The smell hits me first, "Wow, this bathroom smells bad.  What's going on with that."  Then I walk a few steps in and see there is a layer of sewerage covering half the floor.  I had to hold back the vomit as the sight and smell almost overwhelmed me, but fortunately I held it together.  I was about to go report it.  But then I saw the maintenance guy was already putting "crime tape" across the men's room door.  Oh, awesome.  I just had the bad luck to walk in before the tape was across the women's restroom.  At least I didn't step in anything, but I was feeling queasy for a few minutes.

Now I need to go to a different floor to use the restroom, which means I need my badge to come back.  Oops, the badge is in my purse.  I walk all the way down the floor back to my cube.  Walk all the way back to use the elevator.  Oh yeah, the clip is broken (eyeroll).  Today of all days.  So every time I've used the restroom this afternoon, I've been having to hold and babysit the badge because I can't clip it onto anything.

It's just the that I've had this badge for almost 10 years.  And the day the clip breaks off is on a day when I'm using the badge more than normal.  Figures!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker