Wedding Woes
Options

Friday

short+sassyshort+sassy member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited August 2022 in Wedding Woes
Aren't Fridays supposed to be good days, lol?

It has just been bad news bears for me!  We have a termite contract.  With it, they do annual spraying and check the house.

They came out yesterday and found active termites in an area around the front of the house :(.  We need to get our house tented to treat it.  But because we are under a contract with them, it will "only" be $3K.  Which is cheap to get your house tented.  But it's still 3 grand!  So bummed.  I guess it's too hot at this time of year for tenting, plus there are other people waiting in front of us, so they can't do it until January.  We will need to be out of the house for 3 days.  So I guess we'll plan a trip, lol.  Either that or I might be able to get free/cheap rooms at the Harrah's hotel.  Of course, we'll also need to bring both beasts with us, so that might limit our options.

And the fun doesn't stop.  I was driving into work this morning, when someone side-swiped me and fled the scene!  WTF?!?!  Why is this my life right now!  But I saw them pull into the Superdome parking garage.  I called the police.  Waited for one hour and no one showed up.  I called the non-emergency line and waited for a status.  The dispatcher said it was pending, but had no way to no what time they would come.  But she told me I didn't need to wait at the scene.  I could leave and call back and the police would meet me wherever I was.  Friday is my half day, so I'm going to wait until I get home this afternoon.  But I do need to make up the 90 minutes I was late.

For my little bit of good news on that.  I couldn't get the license plate as he was fleeing, because he made a right turn.  But I found his car in the parking garage!  I knew it was a light silver SUV and was pretty sure it was a Nissan Rogue or something shaped like that.  I FOUND IT!!!  Like a needle in a haystack, but I did it.  White scrapes from my truck and a dent on the driver's side front bumper.  F**k you, AH.  I got you.

I was in a hit and run years ago.  That time, I was able to get the license plate.  I remember my insurance was able to get me recompensed with that info.  Hopefully, I will have the same result.

Fortunately, my truck is driving just fine.  It just has a long, wide and big scrape on it now.  It's fully paid off, so I'd rather just collect the money.  I'm certainly not glad it happened.  But I'd expect it will be an expensive repair, so that would be pretty sweet if I can collect $1K-$2K.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Friday

• Options
    Sorry to hear about your woes @short+sassy that's not a great start to the weekend.

Oh no! @charlotte989875 that is just the pits! That that kid is TOO cute!

Things are fine here. Not a lot going on this weekend. DD woke up with goopy eyes so we will probably lay low in case it is conjunctivitis. I have homework to do but I would love to get DS to the pool or something. Even if it is just our community pool. Maybe I can talk DH into taking him somewhere.

I posted a couple baby things of FB today and will hopefully have them out of the house by Monday. I think DH is finally seeing the clutter. Since we know we will be moving in two years it really helps keep the momentum of downsizing.
  • Options
    @charlotte989875, at least it was the end of the vacation.  A small silver lining.

My mom told me a crazy COVID story.  My mom has a friend that went on a Rhine river cruise this year in May.  It was the friend, friend's H, BIL and BIL's wife (SIL).

The cruise's rule was people need to take a rapid COVID test, EVERY DAY of the cruise.  Yeesh.  Passengers and staff started dropping like flies.  The four of them made it...until the last day of the cruise.

Then, the SIL tested positive, but the other three did not.  They had to leave the SIL behind, in Germany, because she wasn't allowed to fly back to the US.  Her flight change and hotel room were covered by the cruise or her travel insurance (something like that).  But if her H had stayed with her, all of his extra expenses wouldn't have been covered. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The other thing that annoys me is that by making the vaccines free, there is no monetary block for those that don't them.  You can't cite financial hardship to something that's at no cost!  

After spending 30 minutes on Satan's branch of entertainment, Ticketmaster, I have scored tickets to a concert in November.  We're going to see Trey Anastasio's band with a local band called Goose.  I'm kind of excited! 
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    The other thing that annoys me is that by making the vaccines free, there is no monetary block for those that don't them.  You can't cite financial hardship to something that's at no cost!  

After spending 30 minutes on Satan's branch of entertainment, Ticketmaster, I have scored tickets to a concert in November.  We're going to see Trey Anastasio's band with a local band called Goose.  I'm kind of excited! 
    My H is friend's with a local performer.  We recently discovered that he can get free tickets to anything at the Smoothie Center.  It's an ice hockey arena behind the Superdome and also often has concerts.

The friend hooked us up with Eagles tickets on Nov. 19th, which is the day before my birthday.  Yeah!

But my H and I did have a funny conversation, when he told me about it.

H:  (Friend) got us free Eagles tickets!
    Me:  "Oh, okay.  You seem especially excited that it's the Eagles (I thought he was talking about the NFL team and it was a Saints vs. Eagles game)."
    H:  Yeah!  I love the Eagles!
    Me:  "What?  You do?  I've never heard you say that.  Why do you like the Eagles?"  (still think he is talking about the NFL team).
    H:  (also confused) "Of course I love the Eagles.  Who doesn't?  That music is from my childhood."
    Me:  "Oh!  You meant THE BAND, the Eagles (LMAO).  I thought you meant the football team."
    H:  L-his-AO.  "No!  Why would I like the Eagles football team?"
    Me:  "Yeah.  Exactly.  That's why i was confused, lol."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LOL at the eagles convo @short+sassy.  I’d probably go to sports too,  maybe you can get a payput on the insurance for the tenting? Either way, huge PITA.  That sucks. 
    Nooooooo @charlotte989875 that sucks! Hide away!

wfh today but I almost had to go in.  My internet has been crapping out all morning.  I did a quick chat with my internet provider, and it seems to be working now.  Phew! Because I got my lawn done before it got to hot, and went through my closet to toss out clothes I’d really never wear (I still didn’t lose the bulk of it, I keep saying I’ll wear this stuft when I know I never will!) 
    This afternoon I want to get a quick workout in and clean my house - er - I mean work from home. 

• Options
    I'm sorry for your Friday woes, @short+sassy.  I'm glad you found the jerk.  I hope that they pay and they learn a lesson to do something like that and just drive away.  Have a little empathy at what you just did to another person.

I've been in office since Wednesday since my reno was supposed to start, but they just finally contacted me around mid-morning that they won't be in until the start of next week.  So I came in to the office for no reason this week.  A little frustrating.

This weekend is the Queen's plate, and I got tickets.  My cousin who I bought a ticket for flaked on me, and my other friend who I also bought a ticket for got Covid, poor guy.  He is going to pay for his ticket, but I'm going to try to find someone else to go with me.  My cousin did not offer, so I'm a little annoyed.  Oh well, I will have fun.  I haven't been to the Queen's Plate since 2019, and I'm excited.  I'm not as excited for the people watching as I would be (all the crazy horse racing fashion comes out with the big hats and fancy sundresses and guys dressed to the nines), but I just want to watch some sports and have a nice time.

• Options
    @short+sassy I too would be more excited for the band lmao!!
  • Options
    GUESS WHAT COMPLETELY PANNED OUT PERFECTLY!!!!

BK gets her big girl bed frame this weekend!

MALM High bed frame/2 storage boxes, white/Luröy, Twin - IKEA CA

It's been out of stock all week then this morning I check and I set pick up for tomorrow morning!!!
  • Options
    There must be something going on with Ikea - a colleague of mine just had her bed come into stock as well this week on Monday.  She was ecstatic

• Options
    I had to google queens plate @kerbohl and it looks like a fun event! I hope you can find someone to go with.

yay @MissKittyDanger love when things come together 

• Options
    kerbohl said:
    There must be something going on with Ikea - a colleague of mine just had her bed come into stock as well this week on Monday.  She was ecstatic
    I'm guessing that there must have been a container ship that recently delivered.  Now I need to check to see if they have any new US deliveries!