Wedding Woes

Monday Monday

CharmedPamCharmedPam member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited August 2022 in Wedding Woes
Had 2 dates over the weekend.  Same guy.  Flirting in text but really casual in person and no goodnight kiss!  Like…. Not sure what to make of it? Usually I’m heavy making out after date #2.  And he talked about future stuff too.  I texted my friend and was like “I just got back from a date! I think?” Lmao.

Thursday I went to “my girl” for some fillers because my tear trough wrinkling was seriously getting to me.  As she’s injecting she goes “you have such nice skin.  I bet it’s never seen sun” (This is why she’s “my girl”)
Come Saturday, in my IPL session I get: “You should try a lightening serum. You should use something every day aside from this for the sun spots.  We have some that just came in”.
Funny how I have shitty skin when you’re trying to sell me something? (I didn’t fall for it. This time),

Re: Monday Monday

• Wait- was that the same girl @CharmedPam??

• Back from vacation and back to reality. More people in the house testing positive so I’m guessing it’s a matter of time. I’m supposed to leave Friday for running camp and need to test negative day of to go. Fingers crossed having Covid twice + all my boosters spares me. 
  • Enjoying a pleasant cool cloudy morning and dreaming of fall. I even light my Crisp Apple candle! I think fall is going to feel very busy for me since it’s my first time really having to go into work 3 days a week in years. So I took Friday off this week to go to the spa, and then Saturday I’m going to spend doing much needed back-to-school cleaning so that I can just relax Labor Day weekend and still be ready to hit the ground running. I cannot afford to buy breakfast and lunch out three days a week so need to get back into some better meal prep routines and figure out what on earth I’m going to wear! And maybe get a haircut.  
  • oh wow @charlotte989875 hope everyone feels ok and you stay healthy!
    @CharmedPam so weird on the date and the "skin girl" comments
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited August 2022
    I can smell that apple candle @STARMOON44.  FALL IS HERE!! (Wait first we have one more spurt of summer).
    @charlotte989875 boooo to covid. Sorry, no, not the same person.  My injector owns the spa and DOES have a line of products to sell but has never pushed them on me.  The ipl med spa is a chain and I always got “you should try ____ inbetween ipl treatments”.

which btw, I’m loving. 

• I'll upload a photo later but BK got her big girl bed frame and M was ready to smash it.
    Still need to do the drawers but M is still angry about the bed - I'll probably be able to convince him on the weekend.

Ikea furniture. Great idea, poor construction.
    As M said "The ikea engineers got their certification from a cracker jack box!"

BK is loving her bed lol She wanted to nap yesterday just so she could be in her bed lol

Friday night I painted half my mudroom - important half because that's where the set up will be - ordered sushi and had a CBD drink.
    BK was with MIL and M was at football with SFIL

Saturday was basically just bed pick up and put together, and we did family movie night.
    We're considering keeping this going weekly.

Sunday I woke up so fkn tired.
    I took a nap before meeting up with a friend, then she came over and BK kept snuggling with her. It was cute a.f :) 

I just wish I could have slept more. I'm tired.
    My vacation starts Wednesday :) 
  • @CharmedPam, maybe he's just shy? Nervous? But at least an in-person date is some progress!

The weekend was okay.  I'm trying to lay low, all around.  I know it isn't logical, but I feel like there is a cloud of doom over me right now, so I'm waiting for my luck to change before I do anything I don't have to.  Very SSDD.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That’s the old ikea joke @MissKittyDanger.  How many SNL skits were done on that?
    @Casadena yeeeees life has to get back to normal soon.  FX that H has mild and short symptoms!

one of my friends wanted to go out Friday with me… but then yesterday posted a postive covid test and was like “can’t do Friday anymore”.
    But he probably could if he was negative by Friday, right?

yeah the date is just confusing me. He keeps asking me out but not making a move.  And i don’t make moves. Also we keep picking places where I can’t hear him because the music is so freaking loud at these places!!! Not live bands, just bar music. He is soft spoken but why do these places have to be so loud? I know. I know. I’m an old lady, but it never bothered me before. 

• Boo to covid @casadena and @charlotte989875

I am going to be the odd man out but I love putting together Ikea. I would put it together all day long if someone else would take away the empty boxes, lol.

Our weekend was chill and good. I sold a bunch of baby stuff on FB, it wasn't huge stuff but the house feels so much less cluttered. I think most of the improvement is psychological. DH took DS to the water park while I studied and hung out with the baby on Sunday. 
  • Ugh boo covid, y'all.  That stinks. 

Weekend was good.  Lots of downtime.  Sleeping in.  Naps.  Afternoon bcbc x 2.

I took dad out to dinner and to see the Avett Bros last night.  It was his father's day gift.  We all planned a concert date with him to a show he wanted to see.  It was a good show, but the venue kind of sucked (no sloping, so you had to stand up the whole time to see).  But good bonding time and conversation. 

This week is chock full of training sessions with my team and other meetings.  Whee.  
  • Last week was just a lot at work.  Super busy schedule and lots of fires to put out.  Then, my co-worker accepted another position at the institution.  I'm happy for them but see all their workload coming at me in the next few months.  Ugh.  I'm hoping this will position me for a promotion, but time will tell.  This week at work is better but now all the transition meetings are starting.

DH and I are hosting an open house/housewarming at the beginning of October.  We had hoped to have it the spring after we moved in, but COVID and all that so we are doing it now.  Low key but a chance for friends and family to come and see the house.  Definitely some areas I need to sort out before that (I'm looking at you - Amazon boxes in the corner of my office!)

• Sorry for the covid scares!  Hopefully the boosters hold it at bay.

@CharmedPam Maybe he is just testing out friendship compatibility first?  But then again, I'm at a lost for the dating scene, I do not begrudge you the headaches and not knowing what people are thinking.

I am running on very little sleep.  Migraine from the changing weather yesterday, couldn't sleep.  Queen's Plate was fun though - many pretty outfits and hats.  No fashion show this year though!  I'm more for the horses anyways, but I would have loved to see the winners for the most fashionable hats/ensembles.  My pick won the big race, though I did not bet this year.

Reno should finally start tomorrow, two weeks behind already.  I think I am that annoying client that wants to diy everything, and my contractor probably hates it.  He was going to rent a bin and take that to the dump, but I like to salvage things so I wanted to take care of disposing of my kitchen myself ... I know the bin would be easier for everyone, but I don't know, my dad's got a trailer, let's just throw everything in the back of that and I might see what I can reuse elsewhere.  

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited August 2022
    @ei34, can’t wait to hear if that gets done on Sat!
    @kerbohl I read that as Reno the city… and then I thought it was short tor Reno 911 and then I thought the remake was already airing!!! Because aren’t they doing a remake?  But then you started to talk about diy’ing stuff and I’m like what does this have to do with Reno 911? Lol at any rate - if throwing that all on the trailer works - do it! I’m all for cutting costs here and there
    edit; and dating- yeah my friend thinks he’s just taking it slow… and I’m like, am I a floozy because I wanna make out like woah. 

• @CharmedPam is there anything like wine or beer nights at your local zoo, botanical garden, or art museum? We (I) used to love to go the the ATL botanical garden when they had events. Maybe a date where you can actually hear each other would be good.
  • @missJeanLouise that's a great idea!  @CharmedPam I know Brookfield Zoo does this sometimes!
  • That really is a good idea! They’re doing one this Sat and on the 27th when I get back! Thanks for that idea @missJeanLouise