Wedding Woes
Options

Are We Grounded? Monday is working

VarunaTTVarunaTT member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited August 2022 in Wedding Woes
Testing....

I'll post later...my first post was lost and I'm lazy.

:smiley:

Re: Are We Grounded? Monday is working

• Options
    I'm so blah today. The weekend went way too fast. 

Mostly SSDD at work, aside from a huge main road being shut down and I'm expecting it to be a nightmare going home. *sigh* 
  • Options
    @VarunaTT, apparently we are all being lazy, lol.

Didn't do much over the weekend.  

But after work today, it will be some grass roots efforts!  There is a signature campaign to repeal the NOLA mayor and I'm driving out to sign it.  It's a long shot, but she is horrible and doesn't care at all about the citizens here.  I even keep in mind that she inherited a shit show when she took office and the COVID pandemic made things so much worse.  The one and only big thing I can give her lots of kudos about is how she handled COVID.  She stuck to the numbers and the science.  She didn't succumb to the enormous pressure to drop mask mandates and open things up too soon.

But her actions and non-actions since then, many of them selfish, have kept the city floundering and failing.  Not all of it is her fault.  But when you're already on the bottom and the mayor starts digging to go even lower, that's a problem.

Thanks for attending my rant, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I need a weekend to recover from my weekend. I don't even think we did that much, but we were constantly busy and I need a nap. We last minute decided to spend next weekend with MIL and SIL. I'm not excited about traveling to a touristy area on a holiday weekend, but they need to spend some time together. So I'm scrambling to get everything together for a last minute trip. At least labor day means autumn is around the corner. I'm so ready!
  • Options
    Weekend was nice.  Went to SIL/BIL's Saturday afternoon and N was being SO sweet with his baby cousin (6mo).  Yesterday went to the park, then out for donuts, then G and I went grocery shopping while N napped and H had a fantasy draft.  Work is slow and steady.  Tired. 
  • Options
    I'm freaking exhausted. Physically and emotionally. 

DefConn and middle school are a lot right now (socially and school-wise).  DH is way more stressed about it all than me (I'm more pragmatic in these situations), so I have him and DefConn's feelings and whatnot going on at the same time. 

Plus the kiddo was at a concert that got evacuated Friday night because there was some sort of fight/disturbance, but people thought someone said 'gun' or thought they heard gunshots.  I am glad it was not a mass shooting event, but it's still just...ugh. He called us from the venue very upset because he'd been separated from part of his group. He found his friends quickly, but it was an extremely stressful couple of hours. 

I had to work Saturday and was on call yesterday.  My sleep was awful and I woke up last night around 2am in a pool of sweat.  (yay perimenopause?) 

Work hasn't been too bad so far today, but my head hurts and AF is due any moment.  Thankfully, we grilled enough chicken to cover last night's dinner and tonight's dinner.  I just have to make a salad to have tonight.  And it's a short week for me because I'm off Th/Fri.  
  • Options
    I need a weekend to recover from my weekend. I don't even think we did that much, but we were constantly busy and I need a nap. We last minute decided to spend next weekend with MIL and SIL. I'm not excited about traveling to a touristy area on a holiday weekend, but they need to spend some time together. So I'm scrambling to get everything together for a last minute trip. At least labor day means autumn is around the corner. I'm so ready!
    I kept meaning to check when Labor Day is, so thanks for the reminder, lol.

Awesome!  It's this coming Monday.  I might take this Friday off then and turn it into a 4-day weekend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our weekend was mostly fine. We all went to the water park on Saturday. The baby is a little mermaid who has loved all water since birth so that helps. DS is just the best age. He goes down the water slides by himself but encouraged me to go down after him. Then he would stand at the bottom with outstretched arms and a giant smile, telling me what a good job I did. 
    Sunday we got word from MIL that DH's brother is on a ventilator in the ICU. They think he has meningitis but so far they don't know for sure. He is still sedated as far as I know.
    Today was pretty normal. DS is out of school for the week and he will go to his old school on the 5th. I went to the gym for the first time in 6 weeks or so since my gym buddy is back from holiday. Tomorrow is going to be rough.
  • Options
    @missJeanLouise, healing vibes to your BIL.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We got to the beach yesterday and had dinner with  my college friend and her husband. It was great seeing them Today it has been raining all day! Yuck. Nothing like being at the beach and not being able to go outside. I did go to the fitness room to work out this morning (elliptical). My foot is starting to hurt again so I've been wearing the boot all day. DS2's flight has been delayed due to the weather. He is flying through Chicago and apparently there is weather there as well as here. We have dinner reservations tonight at his favorite restaurant. Luckily we still have plenty of time on our end. 

I'm not too happy with the cottage. They don't have much seating area even though it can sleep up to 12 people. There is only seating (comfortable) for four. There is also only on towel rack per bathroom. I know, FWPs but still if you say a certain number of people can be in the place you should have enough seating and towel racks for people. They could easily put a couple of more chairs in the living room and a seating area in the sunroom. There is only an eating table in the sunroom. Ok rant over.
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    I'm back after a really busy week!

We went to Legoland w/ the kids Mon-Wed.   The park in NY is really cute and overall we had a great time.  The hotel rooms in the Legoland resort are $ but the kids LOVED the experience and I'm glad we did a night there.  The park is still under construction and there are things that I think they need to improve but overall it was a fun experience.

Oh nice, you were up by me! I've heard it's pretty neat there. 
  • Options
    Good weekend, though I'm kicking myself because I could have done some of the kitchen reno myself instead of paying someone to do it.  Wallpaper I can remove .... my darn kitchen has three different kinds of wallpaper BEHIND the half inch plywood that they put up to then put up laminate as a backsplash.  But it's almost all gone now.  They left some, but I'm going to take care of that tonight for them.  

Went out to a work lunch which was great, then went out to visit friends last night.  Out until 1, then I was up at 6.  I'm not used to that little sleep.  I think I would rather get up at 4 and be in bed at 11 than this, there is something about going to bed late.

• Options
    banana468 said:
    I'm back after a really busy week!

We went to Legoland w/ the kids Mon-Wed.   The park in NY is really cute and overall we had a great time.  The hotel rooms in the Legoland resort are $ but the kids LOVED the experience and I'm glad we did a night there.  The park is still under construction and there are things that I think they need to improve but overall it was a fun experience.

Oh nice, you were up by me! I've heard it's pretty neat there. 
    Very neat!

I'd say ideal age tops out at middle school and if you are a daily napper I likely wouldn't go because the park is only open 8 hours.

So - ages 4/5 to 12/13?  And you can be older and still have fun especially if you're into Legos but the rides are not as thrilling as other places - even Disney.

Also, there is hardly ANY shade in the park.  So if you go, plan accordingly w/ hats, sunscreen etc. 
  • Options
    I"m still tired from Saturday.  We were basically up all day, doing final details for the pageant.  My friend, N, came in 3/4.  However, I was looking at their critique sheets and I was like, "Hey love...something isn't right."  Now, there seems to be a big mess brewing that I'm interested to see how it shakes out.  I don't know what N will want to do, but if the scores are terribly miscalculated....you could see a crown being exchanged.  Which is terrible, I've lived through this scenario...3 times now?  But, all of the contestants were wonderful, I had a lovely time, the crowd was astouding, and it was truly one of the best nights I've had in forever.  My face hurt from smiling, my body still hurts from running up and down stairs and standing on concrete with dresses piled in my arms, and I couldn't hang...I went home at 11 from the afterparty.

Sunday was just catching up on household chores and watching the race.  Nothing much else.
  • Options
    I just read an interesting stat.  If no named storms hit the US on or before Wednesday, it will be the first time since 1960 that has happened in the month of August.

But all is not rosy.  There is a tropical depression with a "strong likelihood" of becoming a named storm that will make landfall on the Gulf Coast this week.  

At lunchtime, I was looking at hotel prices for a possible trip to the AL/FL Gulf Coast beaches over Labor Day weekend.  Never mind (sigh).  Glad I checked the weather news.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I worked 85 hours last week. I’m exhausted. Trying out a new format today and seeing if that helps. Probably isn’t much but oh well. Otherwise SSD. Hoping to hike? Maybe? Who knows any more. 

• Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    That sounds exhausting @levioosa!  I hope that things cool off at the new job soon
    @short+sassy don't jinx it lol
    @VarunaTT glad that you had a smiling so hard it hurts night, you needed one
    @mrsconn23 poor kiddo, that's so scary.  And poor defconn, middle school can be scary too in its own growing pain ways
    @banana468 was the water park area open?  Took the kids back in June and it said "water play area coming Summer 2022!", but...it didn't seem anywhere near ready.  It is an awesome (and insanely sunny) park though

Had a hectic first day back at work.  New principal who I met here and there in passing over the summer seems nice enough.
  • Options
    @levioosa phew! I’m tired just imagining what 85 hours looks like! 

Today was busy for me too. But after that, I won’t complain :smile:

• Options
    @ei34 it's still under construction now with a completion date of 2023.   I think it's going to be a splash zone which should be fun but likely for the younger ones.