Wedding Woes
Options

The Thursday Summer Returned

After being relatively cool the last few days, it's going back up to the mid-80's to near 90's for the next week or so.  I want sweater weather, damn it.  

DefConn is better and back at school.  We're planning to go boating Saturday. 

SSDD otherwise.  

The first Prudie is a doozy.  Def needs a trigger warning. 

Hope y'all have a good day. 

Re: The Thursday Summer Returned

• Options
    Different vibe here. Temp dropped and had to pull out a coat for BK today
    Looks like it won't be getting warm again - in general or at least for what the 2 week forecast shows.

I pulled out pants and put away shorts. I'll likely go through her pj's and tops and put away summer stuff also.

BK had a better drop off. The moon was still out and she's into planets right now so she had to talk to the first teacher she saw about it lol
  • Options
    Us too, @mrsconn23, us too! Summer is back but I’m all for fall weather

Had my doc visit today and she’s going to refer me to an A1c program thingamajig within the hospital network.  It’s brand new so she has to look into it some more, but she said the study helped people drop their a1c.  Sounds promising and if it’s a covered in network program guess I have nothing to lose?
    Nothing else from match boy.  *sigh* 

• Options
    Look at that smile @charlotte989875 too too cute!

Just thankful we're on the waning end of the work week.

Can anyone with fuller hips and thighs recommend a pair of jeans that look straight when you wear them?  Bootcut and "Straight leg" always look like skinny jeans on me, but I'm not interested in the vsco 90s (aka my style 20-25 years ago) wide leg style either.  
  • Options
    @ei34 Old Navy had a ton of styles that were stretchy and varying sizes. Idk if they're still same but might be best place to start - they had varying of skinny style too
  • Options
    To all my large feet shoe buying peeps;

• Options
    Different vibe here. Temp dropped and had to pull out a coat for BK today
    Looks like it won't be getting warm again - in general or at least for what the 2 week forecast shows.

I pulled out pants and put away shorts. I'll likely go through her pj's and tops and put away summer stuff also.

BK had a better drop off. The moon was still out and she's into planets right now so she had to talk to the first teacher she saw about it lol
    Yep, I am shivering today, I was expecting warmer.  But, Saturday is supposed to be really warm.  I have a medieval faire to go to, and it will affect my fashion choices.  Usually in hot weather I go chain maille, but I don't feel like the weight this year.  

• Options
    Stop it @missJeanLouise he’s absolutely a baby and not at all a big kid, lol! It went so fast! 
  • Options
    Have the best time @VarunaTT!
    yup, that’s the one @missJeanLouise.  Nothing nothing nothing then BAM. Something.  Then now nothing again. Oh well. This is how dating goes. I also am thinking of taking out my extensions in January and going short too! January because I have one more application appt for October and maybe I’ll try something new then
    @charlotte989875 he’s such a sweetie!

• Options
    @CharmedPam was he asking about you giving birth to children or about having his current kids in your life?
  • Options
    @CharmedPam was he asking about you giving birth to children or about having his current kids in your life?
    Oh @missJeanLouise that’s a good question! We discussed in person “do you want any kids?” Which I took as natural birth and said no… but maybe he meant his kids in my life? And I’d be ok to be a stepmother. Think I’d be a good one actually. My profile does say “I’m not opposed to matches with kids as long as there’s no baby momma drama” (like my last situationship where he lost custody because of alcoholism and fought constantly with his ex).  It also says “kids: no kids” “want kids?: doesn’t want any”. But this is why you have this conversation in person and not text. 

• Options
    Oh @missJeanLouise that’s a good question! We discussed in person “do you want any kids?” Which I took as natural birth and said no… but maybe he meant his kids in my life? And I’d be ok to be a stepmother. Think I’d be a good one actually. My profile does say “I’m not opposed to matches with kids as long as there’s no baby momma drama” (like my last situationship where he lost custody because of alcoholism and fought constantly with his ex).  It also says “kids: no kids” “want kids?: doesn’t want any”. But this is why you have this conversation in person and not text. 
    Maybe it's worth reaching out to him to see if there was a misunderstanding.
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2022
    Maybe it's worth reaching out to him to see if there was a misunderstanding.
    My last text to him was “you’ve been quiet, so I guess this means the no kids thing is a dealbreaker?” So he could have responded/said something then.  Actually, I didn’t really see LTR with him, i was picking up on some things that would bother me. The kids could have been a problem only because I had a feeling his ex gave them to him with sometimes just a day’s notice. They had no legal agreement. That wouldn’t work with me and my planning and traveling.  Sometimes a legal “set schedule” is better for all.