Wedding Woes

Is it Friday yet?

Oh wait.  It's only Monday morning!

I had a good weekend.  I took a "nap" on Friday at 5PM.  My H woke up me up at 8pm to let me know it was that late, ie giving me a chance to get up.  I feel back asleep.  Didn't wake up until 5AM!  I can't believe I needed 12 hours of sleep, but I felt great and refreshed when I woke up.

On Sunday, I sliced my finger open...with a butter knife of all things!  It was a deep cut that would not stop bleeding for about 10 minutes.  Yeesh.  I was a little worried I'd have to go to the emergency room for some stitches, but thankfully it stopped.  Not a great start to the day, but it did get better.  I had some "watermelon" mimosas that I created with an Ultra Monster watermelon flavored drink.  Then my friend and I went out to a restaurant having a 3 appetizers and glass of wine for $35 special.  We had such a nice time and the food was delicious.  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Is it Friday yet?

• Weekend was PACKED and ended with me having a low grade fever.

Saturday we were up for team soccer photos and by the afternoon I needed a nap. Chiquita and I went to vigil mass and we watched dinner and the 2nd half of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.  Sunday Chiquita and I had to be up at 6:45 to be at the field for 7:30 for Girl Scout Olympics and we had a fun time.  We were home by noon and I SCRUBBED my shower and did loads of laundry and pooped out by 3 and napped til 5.  That should have been my tipoff because at 8:30 I had a lower fever of about 99.4 which isn't 'keep the kids home' zone but enough to say my body was fighting something.  DH made me a toddy an we watched Cobra Kai and I CRASHED.  His toddy was magic and now I'm feeling much better.  I didn't work out but woke up, showered and I'm feeling much better.  

• It’s going to be a long week.  Glad J did the driving so your anxiety could be down @VarunaTT

Oddly enough I slept all day Saturday too.  Maybe not all day but I laid around and did nothing and didn’t want to do anything. My friend from my infedelity group called me.  I know he’s deep in his head in drama because he’s thinking of taking his ex fiancé back, and I really didn’t need to hear everything (someone needs to give him a “there’s more than 4 women” pep talk) but then he kept on texting and calling so I picked up.  Apparently talking to me distracted him from calling her back and responding to her texts because he was so weak. Whatever dude, it seems like you like the drama so go play in it? 

Sunday I got my mojo back, took a walk, got a smoothie, went to get my nails done but the guy talked me into the gel overlay and not acrylic and I didn’t think I’d be alergic to it, but my hands are itching and I think I am :( 

• I’m sick, so is Baby M but he’s much better than he was so he went back to school today. Even though we were both u set the weather we got out to a farm and saw animals and picked up some pumpkins. 

I’m actually staying home from work today. I feel bad, slept like trash and construction starts tomorrow so I’m trying to rest up as much as I can. H is off hunting; he actually left Wednesday but they got caught in the hurricane in Canada- they’re safe but they couldn’t get in to the camp until this morning. 
  • edited September 2022
    Glad things went okay @VarunaTT

Our weekend was good. Friday was DH's birthday but we didn't do anything special. It was the day before payday and we were feeling a little skint. DS and I bought a grocery store cake and DS picked out a gift (an earthquake simulator toy. You build a tower on a platform and then the platform shakes. Woo). Saturday was a bunch of nothing. We got the kids in bed early, "celebrated" DHs birthday with some BCBC. Sunday, we did some major tidying of our second floor. I always have to put DD to bed early so DH handles putting DS to bed most nights but the cleaning up of downstairs is normally left till morning. Last night DH not only cleaned up the down stairs but also made DS's lunch and snack for school, and had coffee ready for me to just press start this morning. That is my love language. 🙂

Today I went to the gym and then met up with a friend. We ended up chatting longer than I intended to. 

ETA: the big news of the day is that they _finally_ lifted the indoor mask mandate here. I can't believe I will be able to go grocery shopping without a mask for the first time since March 2020.
  • I’m sick, so is Baby M but he’s much better than he was so he went back to school today. Even though we were both u set the weather we got out to a farm and saw animals and picked up some pumpkins. 

I’m actually staying home from work today. I feel bad, slept like trash and construction starts tomorrow so I’m trying to rest up as much as I can. H is off hunting; he actually left Wednesday but they got caught in the hurricane in Canada- they’re safe but they couldn’t get in to the camp until this morning. 
    I hope you start feeling better.

Your poor H!  That's not much of a hunting trip for it to start 5 days late.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2022
    My weekend was spent shopping, cooking, and helping DefConn with his book report and other misc. school work.  I did not prepare adequately to go back to 6th grade.  LOL  I told DefConn "we" better get an A on the damn book report.  LMAO

This week is busy with DefConn's 1st band performance tonight (it's an 'open practice') and then I have an all-day 2023 planning sesh at my director's house on Weds with my co-supes and the two managers that report to her.   And this coming weekend we're hosting my family for fall bdays. 

BUT we did get our foyer almost done.  We have hooks, a bench, and a shoe cubby.  Woohoo!!  I'll post pics from my phone later.  

SSDD otherwise.  Not complaining for a second about this fall weather.  I'm wearing a brand new sweater I've been wanting to wear since I got it from StitchFix a month or so ago.  LOL 
  • It was a good one here. My happy hour friend bailed on me at the last minute on Friday, so H and I went up to the middle-aged people bar in my neighborhood for a drink, but then came home and cooked. Saturday we did the outlet mall. I guess it's been a while; it's gotten fairly run down. Still, we managed to get a few things for fall, so worth it. We went out to dinner just to give us an excuse to wear new clothes. Sunday was a run and football. My dolphin husband is pretty stoked. 

I'm keeping an eye on Ian right now. SIL is pretty much right in the path (panhandle). H is encouraging her to evacuate up here. She's walking distance to the beach, so they're a big flood risk even if they aren't hit directly. 
  • @MyNameIsNot, good luck to your SIL. I'm praying for the folks in the Caribbean and FL. Hopefully it will be a less severe storm.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh no @MyNameIsNot.  I hope she leaves.  This storm is going to be a monster.  
  • @VarunaTT i'm glad everything went well on Friday.

@ei34 I hope kiddos did well with ExH overnight and you're enjoying your holiday days with them!
  • Casadena said:
    Ugh it does not feel like the first day of the week, it should be Friday for sure.  

Weekend was pretty good.  We tried to go to an apple festival but had epic toddler meltdowns on the way out that took long enough that we missed our window to enjoy anything before everyone was crabby from missing naps.  Spent some time outside and took the boys to Costco (they LOVE Costco).  

Today is G's first FULL day back at school and he was NOT all about it.  And H and I were not good this morning.  So it was rough for everyone and i cried the whole way to way to work.  As usual N was non-plussed by everyone and everything and marched into his classroom smiling without even looking back.  

H is really struggling with depression and blaming me and it's really hard to deal with and I can't really do a lot to help him and i hate it.  

Work is work.  

I'm tired and trying to keep my shit together but it is HARD.  
    You guys have gone through SO MUCH.  All the hugs to you.  

I swear my feeling terrible in the weekend was a catchup of tension and insomnia that told my body it had enough.  Moms pull so much onto their shoulders.