Wedding Woes

Friday's here!

I'm feeling better today and am at work, though I'm still tired.  I'm extra glad Friday's are only half days for me.  I'm looking forward to a nap when I get off work.

I read a happy (for once) news story this morning.  Fats Domino lived in NOLA his whole life.  He died in 2017.  They are re-naming the street he lived on, after him.  There is going to be a second line on Saturday to celebrate this.  A second line is a walking parade, with some people playing instruments.

I had forgotten about this, but he lives in an area of town that had the worst flooding during Hurricane Katrina.  He had not evacuated for the storm and had to be saved (probably) off his roof.  But he came back and rebuilt his house, like a lot of those resilient folks did.

At any rate, he is a music legend who came from here and I'm glad the city is honoring him in such a great way.  We already named our airport Louis Armstrong, after another music legend who hailed from here, lol.

During COVID, there were signs in the women's restroom to wash your hands for length of time it took to sing the chorus for "What a Wonderful World".  Fun!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Friday's here!

• Glad you're feeling a bit better @short+sassy

I have the kids this weekend which I'm looking forward to.  Class parent zoom meeting, tae kwon do and a scouts event this afternoon/evening...followed by a slower-paced Sat and Sun, which should be nice.  Wishing everyone a good weekend! 
  • So I'm hit with some side effects from my meds.
    I forget what it's called, but basically it stops my period during the med timeframe. Anyways the indigestion and nausea is here .... if it continues I may have to tell the dr I can't do it.

Right now I just wanna lie down with gravol :( 
  • @CharmedPam Ideally yes. I have a follow up with dr in early Nov about how it's going. So I'm anticipating it being handled by then ... at least if it's not, I can talk to her fairly soon
  • Casadena said:
    Work is hosting a golf outing today so i'm playing htis afternoon for the first time since summer 2020!  It's a team event (scramble) so there's less pressure and i'm excited.  IL's are going to come over after school to help H with dinner and bedtime because i have a dinner after golf and don't know what time i'll be home.  Should be fun! 

Pumpking painting tomorrow at school and maybe the fun library or a nature walk on Sunday. 
    I previously worked for a company that did a company-sponsored annual golf outing.

If you didn't play...and I didn't...you could "volunteer" to be one of the drink people.  That entailed driving around the golf course all afternoon, drinking daiquiris, with a cooler in the back for coworkers to grab drinks from.  Day drinking at its finest!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are headed into soccer weekend.  Chiquito has a game tomorrow and Chiquita has a game Sunday. 

I told DH that if he wants to get his parents over for dinner I'm game for a Costco pot pie and I'll make a real apple pie with the kids.  It's a fall favorite and that Costco pot pie is so big you basically need to have a crowd to feed to warrant making it.

• Working from home, it’s sunny and cool, my favorite weather. Not many meetings so just getting some work done. 

No real plans this weekend. A long run and maybe taking M to get pumpkins. 
  • Ooooh @banana468 both of those pies sound amazing! 
    @Casadena you remind me, I have a pumpkin to carve since i bought one for girls night and no one did it!

• Another busy work day. I have my headshot for work that I am dreading in about thirty minutes. This week has been a ride. Kaiser denied my Dad’s hospital stay AND rehab for him. I cannot even. It’s bad enough we’re working through a life altering event without bullshit like that. And my parents supposedly have the “top tier” Kaiser too. This country’s healthcare is beyond fucked. 

Otherwise, work, driving to Grandma’s afterwards, and then seeing my dad this weekend. Im not sure what the routine will be. Kaiser pay or not the hospital moved him to a rehab center so at least he can begin PT. I don’t know what their visiting hours are. We did have it nice at the last hospital with visiting. Pretty much no one stopped us or enforced the two person rule or times. In fact they moved my dad to a VIP suite because they thought him or me or my mom were someone important to the hospital 😂. His response was “of course I’m an important person.” Lol. They thought I was one of the doctors at the hospital because we had been doing so much consistent PT with him he had made a lot of (small, but there and consistently increasing) gains.