Wedding Woes

Thursday

Jury duty is over for the time being. I am back at work now too. So things are somewhat better.

I just wish this stupid cold would go away.

Re: Thursday

• @Jen4948, I hope you start feeling better!  How is the new job going?

Alas, only a $4 winning ticket yesterday instead of $1.2B, lol.  I got my PB tickets at a gas station near my work.  I have never seen their lines so long!  But almost everyone was only buying PB tickets, so at least it moved quickly.

I spoke to a big real estate investment company yesterday about selling them my rentals.  90-minute conversation (ugh).  They said they would have an offer ready for me probably by Friday.  I'm expecting their offer to be ridiculously low BUT, you never know, hence why I called them.  I already have a couple realtors in mind to talk to.  If things don't work out, I'll interview and choose one of those realtors to list with, early next week.

On the bright side, she told me that while they do some wholesaling, they also buy rentals to keep or will list my properties to their buyers.  I had been worried they were just wholesalers, which wouldn't be the right fit because these properties will be sold at/near comps.  The wholesaling model is to buy a property at such a discount that the deal can be flipped to another RE investor.  It's really only done for distressed properties or when the seller is desperate and needs fast cash.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Other than a cough, BK is fine and went to school.
    She was with my mum yesterday and although there was quiet time, she didn't sleep. So at 7:10pm she fell asleep on the couch playing lol {I'll post a shot later}

We gave a couple mins to see if she'd wake up but didn't, so we just brought her to bed early lol
    It was nice to have extra time for cleaning stuff up and getting everything done early.
  • I'm really annoyed that I haven't won the Powerball yet :wink:

So glad this week is almost over. Work has just been a kick in the face since last week. Not much else going on here.  
  • Feel better Jen and BK!  @CharmedPam ugh good luck with your sister in a few weeks, she sounds difficult.
    I didn't win powerball either. Had a nonstop day after work yesterday so feeling thankful that there is nothing on the calendar after work today.
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2022
    @CharmedPam, selling them all at once and soon would be the dream!  And I would be okay with and expect that I'd have to sell a bit below comps to do that.  I'm thinking up to a 10% discount.  The convenience would be worth it, plus I also wouldn't be paying any realtor commissions to make up for some of that.

Sorry I don't have any STRs in the Dells area...yet ;).

Apparently nobody won the PB last night.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good luck on the decision @Casadena- even if it’s a good problem to have, it’s a tough choice! 
  • Sending good thoughts as you plan on next career steps! @casadena

Glad to hear your meeting went well! @charlotte989875

I hope you feel better soon! @Jen4948

I have to get ready for work soon and I don’t want to go. I went to bed a lot later than I wanted to last night because I was finishing some charting. I can’t tell yet if I’m feeling better. Hopefully by tonight I am as I finish day 2 of antibiotics. I’m really exhausted and foggy and it would be great not to have to work. 

It looks like they are discharging my dad this Sunday which is not ideal in the slightest. Healthcare in this country is such a joke. Even 20 years ago, you would have gotten six months of rehab for a stroke like this. Now we had to fight for three weeks. Absolute insanity.  

• mrsconn23 said:
    Happy Thursday! I’m not really here, so someone needs to post Prudie. We’re in Louisville and have one distillery down. Many more to go. Anniversary weekend has kicked off. Have a good one y’all. ❤️🥃
    I'll pick up the reins and start posting Prudie.

Hope you all are having fun!

I saw pics of the most epic AirBnB when I was looking at Louisville a few months ago.  I tried to find it again and failed.  But it had a fun and gorgeous accent wall in one of the bedrooms that was a shot of a barrel room in a distillery.  It also had a bourbon barrel as the tv stand and that bathroom's sink cabinet. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @VarunaTT, wow!  That sounds pretty heavy.  I'm crossing my fingers for you that a much better job comes along.

Nowhere nearly as serious, but I had a gig job years ago where I would babysit open houses.  I constantly had to tell people I could not answer their questions because I did not have a realtor license.

It was a pretty sweet gig.  Paid $15/hour.  I'd arrive 30 minutes before and stay 30 minutes after.  I'd bring a folding chair to sit on and was allowed to read or play on my phone, as long as potential clients weren't there.

People would come in. I'd hand them a flyer about the house, ask them to put their name and contact information on the sign in sheet, and invited them to look around the house.  I'd also point out the realtor's name and contact info on the flyer and this is who they could contact if they had any questions.

I still remember one guy that asked me the same question (don't remember what it was) three times and was getting continually heated when I kept referring him to the realtor's contact info, because I'm not legally allowed to answer questions about the house.  He told me with a raised voice, "I find it really suspicious you are refusing to answer my question!"  I finally went into a longer explanation that maybe even he could understand, "Sir, truly.  I cannot discuss this house because I do not have a realtor's license.  I've never been to this house before today and I don't know anything about it.  I was hired for the day to open/close the house and greet people.  But if you contact Ms.RealtorName, she is the best person to answer your question." 

My other favorite was a guy asked me if the house had a/c.  Gave him the usual line.  But pointed out the bulleted list on the flyer and just so happened to put my finger right next to the bullet point that said, "Central a/c and heat", lol.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jen4948 said:
    Thanks everyone! So far my new job has been fine. The real test will come next spring during tax season. As to my cold, hopefully it will go away. I appreciate everyone's best wishes for my recovery.
    If you have someone who can review your income ahead of time, that might give you heads up before tax season.

Since M gets new jobs a fair amount {lol it seems that way - probably every 2-3 years so far?} I always get our tax person to review his paystub to ensure he's being taxed properly.
    We had a year he wasn't taxed and he owed. Obv this was a year we did not have the funds and were overall struggling.
  • Jen4948 said:
    Thanks everyone! So far my new job has been fine. The real test will come next spring during tax season. As to my cold, hopefully it will go away. I appreciate everyone's best wishes for my recovery.
    If you have someone who can review your income ahead of time, that might give you heads up before tax season.

Since M gets new jobs a fair amount {lol it seems that way - probably every 2-3 years so far?} I always get our tax person to review his paystub to ensure he's being taxed properly.
    We had a year he wasn't taxed and he owed. Obv this was a year we did not have the funds and were overall struggling.
    I think she means that tax season will be the test because her work involves tax preparation so will be very busy then. 
  • Jen4948 said:

She is a tax person. She's talking about their busy time of year.