Wedding Woes
Options

Cyber Monday

Where are all the cyber Monday deals? The ones i’ve seen are not as good as the online ones pre and post Tgiving! Some are worse.  Either way, don’t direct me to any of them please.  I can’t spend any more money. 
My Thanksgiving was wonderful.  No one fought.  Sis even stayed with me Friday and we got along.  Honestly I think you just re-evaluate everything during family crisis like this.  My SIL is doing well, but starting to feel the side effects of it all.
I got my tat yesterday.  Well, unbeknownst to me, part 1.  She suggested I come back and do some shading for background.  Plus, in my head, the tat was longer - so i’m adding one more falling leaf to the bottom to elongate it.  She worked on me for 3 hours, and my tailbone HURT from the hard board bed I was laying on, and I was hungry & done! So we’re adding the extra leaf and 3D shading on the 19th.  After dinner hours lol. Probably 2 more hours of work? I’m in love! She’s great.  I’m cooking up more ideas for next year. 
People who get tattoos, I tipped her 25%.  Is that good? I think Im giving her 30% next time, if my calculations are right (I hope it’s not another 3 hours but I can’t see it being that long again!). Pic attached - I had to crop it because I forgot to tuck in my inner thigh fat, and it was unattractively hanging all over the place lol. 

Re: Cyber Monday

• Options
    @CharmedPam Love tatt.
    Cyber deals depends on what you want. Amazon has some good ones. I par-took in Black Friday weekend deals in person.
    Love the tatt. I personally think tipping depends on the whole experience.

Also if you crop due to thigh fat again, I will smack you. Who cares if it shows!!
  • Options
    Straight up I am not good.
    It's been a lot since Friday and unfortunately, I cannot speak about it publicly until next week.

I was off Friday due to parent-teacher interviews, but my day basically started before then and just kept moving from there.
    Interview went well - continued as expected. Last year BK's papers first line was "What she lacks in stature, she makes up for in sass"
    Guess who's consistent but add that she's funny ;)

She needs to work on her pencil work - but she's just learning so doing fine motor skills will help that also.
  • Options
    Awww whatever you’re going through @MissKittyDanger, hugs from afar.  I can totally see BK being sassy from what I know of her. Lol. 

I have to get 2 gifts from amazon ca, because they ship free to them… but I can’t see any special deal they don’t normally do for Amazon.  Usually I type “toy for 11 yr old kid” or “toy for 7 year old” and go from there.  Aunty Pam has no idea what’s cool these days. 

• Options
    @CharmedPam, I love the tat!  It's so pretty with the nature theme and fall colors.

Thanksgiving was delicious!  It was just me, my H, and our friend/neighbor.  So relaxed and casual.

I pulled the trigger on Peacock streaming for 99 cents/month for 12 months.  I also rediscovered my Discovery+.  Ended up binge-watching both 90 Day Fiance-UK version and Love Off the Grid, over the weekend.  Polished off both series from start to finish, lol.

For sales/good deals, I bought a few things from Walmart and one item from Old Navy.  But both of them are pick-ups to save on the shipping.  Meh.  I got a $50 Dominoe's gift card for $35.

I haven't checked my e-mails yet for Cyber Monday deals.  But I have looked online and at Amazon.  However, I'm trying to trim down my stuff.  Not add more.  So there isn't much I'm in the market for.

Random.  I bought a canned Lychee juice from a Hispanic market a few months ago.  This same brand has a strawberry juice that is SO delicious!  One of my all-time favorite drinks.  I finally tried the Lychee drink this weekend   It is another WOW!

Work especially sucks today.  Aside from it always being depressing to return after a 4-day weekend.  But there is an ant infestation.  It was annoying when I got here.  I had to (and still am) sweeping occasional ants of my desk.

But then I opened the lid of my Keurig to get a cup of coffee.  Apparently ants like water.  They started streaming out of the lid and water reservoir. Dozens of them.  It was completely disgusting.  I went to warn one of my work friends because she also has a Keurig.  She looked in the water reservoir and hers was teeming with ants also. 

Fortunately, she had ant spray.  I sprayed all over the top and and inside the reservoir.  So now I'll need to do a thorough cleaning to get all the chemical residue out.  I guess, going forward, I'll have to dump out the water after each use.  They are doing a lot of construction and I suspect the ant problem won't get better until it is done.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Straight up I am not good.
    It's been a lot since Friday and unfortunately, I cannot speak about it publicly until next week.

I was off Friday due to parent-teacher interviews, but my day basically started before then and just kept moving from there.
    Interview went well - continued as expected. Last year BK's papers first line was "What she lacks in stature, she makes up for in sass"
    Guess who's consistent but add that she's funny ;)

She needs to work on her pencil work - but she's just learning so doing fine motor skills will help that also.
    I obviously approve of a "sassy" attitude!

Seriously, though.  I'm sorry you are going through a hard time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @CharmedPam ty and omg she is. It not even like 4yr old sass, it's just ... it's funny. She actually is funny lol
  • Options
    Good afternoon...already.  I'm tired and blah today.  

The weekend was OK.  We missed BIL/SIL/nephews a lot.  It just wasn't as fun without them.  FIL was kind of extra when he was around Thursday and Friday.  The kiddo is back with his ex and she was being extra all weekend too. 

We did get our tree, but we didn't end up decorating yesterday because the day got messed up and I was in a mood about it.  We went to our friend M's bday party Saturday night and it was fun.   

We binged a ton of Yellowstone over the weekend.  DefConn loves that show and has been trying to practice 'roping' in the front yard.  That kid just kills me.  We're not current yet on the show, but almost there. 
  • Options
    Well thanksgiving was mostly good, if a little sad. The good parts are we got to see my grandparents and my parents. Food was catered and I cooked the pre-prepared stuff. My mom is very overwhelmed and there’s no way she could have done it. This holiday season is making me very sad. Neither my dad nor my grandfather are doing well. Two days later my grandfather ended up in the ER again. They also had to euthanize their beloved dog the before that. So grandparents are not doing great and neither are the parents. My dad had his appointment with neurology on Friday who confirmed he was very delicate and high risk for developing another stroke. We’ve also been struggling with some kind of vascular issue in his affected leg. 

SIL and her H were supposed to come over for Thanksgiving but SIL wasn’t feeling well so they canceled on us but annoyingly went to H’s parents when she was having a fever, body aches, and sore throat. Well guess who tested positive on Friday? Her H tested positive yesterday too. I’m miffed because H went to see his parents on Saturday, he was masked, but still. Now he’s not feeling well and he’s such a hypochondriac I can’t tell if it’s real or just his usual drama, so I had to cancel on seeing and helping my parents and grandparents today to be safe. I’m just annoyed. 

• Options
    I’m sorry @levioosa you’re dealing with a lot right now. All the good vibes. 

Hope everything is okay @MissKittyDanger
  • Options
    I’m also blah today- H has been gone since Friday, the pets were jerks and kept me up Friday and Saturday night. The construction is still happening so half our security system is down and I just hate it. We live in a safe area and I know I’m irrational (and it is something I’m working on in therapy) but I just sleep terribly when I’m home alone. It was better when the security system was working normally but now every noise I hear at night I’m worried is someone breaking in. I can’t wait til the work is done. 
  • Options
    I'm sorry @levioosa. I hope good things happen for you soon.

Last week I went to California with my dad to visit relatives, which was nice. He went on to Colorado for further visits while I came home to return to work. I got home last night only to find that Houston is under a boil water order for at least the rest of today. Ugh. At least it's pretty easy at work at the moment. 

• Options
    Finally getting caught up. Most of my coworkers are outside of the US, so although that means I have plenty of people to cover me last week, it also means there's a lot to get caught up on. 

The holiday was good. BIL and his family came down and stayed with us. We hosted my family for dinner also. It was a lot of chaos and I was exhausted, but everything came together well. I also ran my fastest 5K in the turkey trot Thursday morning. One nice thing about hosting houseguests is that people keep eating leftovers all weekend. It will be turkey sandwiches for lunch this week, but everything else was gone by Saturday. 
  • Options
    @levioosa, I'm sorry to hear about everything that's going on.  I hope your H didn't contract COVID.

@Casadena, I have a round face and am only 5'0" tall.  I was regularly carded well into my 30s.  The tapering off of not getting carded only gets worse with time, lol.

@Jen4948, I'm glad you and your dad had a good trip.  I was reading a headline earlier that about 2M people in Houston are under a boil water order and thought of you.  I hope it's lifted soon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2022
    @levioosa, it’s more than annoying! I’m sorry you can’t go see him right now. 
    Wow @short+sassy, that sounds like quite the infestation.  
    @Casadena, i know the feeling.  I was carded a lot in the past.  What was funny was buying alcohol in 2020 (and who wasn’t?) and I was still getting carded at the register, and everyone was wearing masks and I was like…. Can you really tell it’s me? Especially with people who change hair colors often.  Was there even a point?

• Options
    Walmart cancelled three of the four items I'd set up for pickup (eyeroll).  So I just cancelled the whole order.  They are so often such a waste of my time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker