Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

non-denominational church

Does anyone know if a judge can marry us inside of a non-denominational church?
There's a cute chapel by our house called
Little Church of La Villita. It's beautiful and we would like to get married there we just aren't sure if my future husband's annulment will be done in time. The website doesn't mention it and they haven't answered so I want to get an idea before so I can either continue to wait or move on.
Thank you,

Re: non-denominational church

• Does anyone know if a judge can marry us inside of a non-denominational church?
    There's a cute chapel by our house called Little Church of La Villita. It's beautiful and we would like to get married there we just aren't sure if my future husband's annulment will be done in time. The website doesn't mention it and they haven't answered so I want to get an idea before so I can either continue to wait or move on.
    Thank you,
    You're going to need to find out the requirements from this location.

They may have the requirement that the person be of some Christian faith or not at all.
  • Even non-denominational churches have rules for who can and can't officiate a service there.  Keep on top of the annulment process instead and working with the parish/diocese as it isn't unheard of that it's the last minute to go through sometimes.  
  • edited January 2023
  • Your best bet is to speak to the church directly.