Wedding Woes

Tuesday

Back at work.  Was a nice weekend mix of errands/grading/downtime.  Bracing myself for busy evenings most days this week.  How's everyone else doing?

Re: Tuesday

• climbingsingleclimbingsingle NYC 'burbs member
    Ninth Anniversary 10000 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    Doing good today. Thankfully slept really well last night. My car is still at Toyota - they're waiting for some valve part to arrive today. I have a brand new Camry as a loaner and it's nice but I feel so low to the ground! 

I reactivated my Home Chef account and am actually very much looking forward to cooking tonight! 
    charlotte989875MyNameIsNotei34
  • Our new roof for the rental property hit a snag, so the job wasn't completed yesterday, but should be today.  My H said the drywall people are doing a good job.  On the next door duplex where the underground pipes need to be replaced, that company is rolling along also.

I leave for my week-long cruise on Sunday!  The time has flown by and I wish I didn't have so many things up in the air, but my H should be able to handle everything.  No doubt I will have stuff to deal with (good and bad) when I come back...hopefully getting ready for two closings...but I'm going to try and put my worries on hold.  Relax and enjoy myself.

Right now my challenge is figuring out communicating while I am gone.  When I went to Europe, I used a SIM card that was good for the whole continent, including on the ship in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea.  I was just looking for something similar last night and no dice.   It's not so much being on land I'm worried about, it's being on the ocean.  Plus, I'm always paranoid about being "surprised" with insane roaming charges.  I've heard horror stories.  I think I found data-only solutions that will work.  Ideally, I wanted texting also, but I guess I could use something like FB Messenger instead.  It puzzled me for my previous cruise also why there aren't better and more obvious solutions.  Because both the cruise ship customer service and my cell phone provider act like my questions are "brand new" and they don't know what to tell me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    charlotte989875
  • BK tried tumbling.
    She liked it, but when asked tumbling or gymnastics - she said gymnastics.
    Idk if more stuff to do, more structure or what but we're signing her back up for gymnastics.

While doing that I discovered they have summer camps starting sign up.
    So M & I are back and forth about plans - unfortunately my original plan isn't working because there's 2 camps she'd love but they're back to back.- obv downside is M isn't able to really chat about it then he has plans tonight with work.
    Frustrating a.f

Oh well ... maybe we'll only do 2 camps instead.
    S&S how exciting that you leave this weekend! Whenever I traveled internationally, I'd use both What's App and FB messenger to communicate back home. Does the ship have a wifi plan you can purchase?
    charlotte989875short+sassyei34
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam Chicagoburbs member
    Seventh Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 17
    @climbingsingle fellow Home Chef lover! I love mine. And on weeks i don’t want full meals or I’m not home enough for them, I’ll buy their protein the week before (because there’s no extra shipping) their chicken is top of the line and worth the $4/breast. 

Yesterday was just a bad day.  We met up with my family over the weekend for an awards show (brother was getting recognized) and SIL looked and acted great… then when i left Monday, she was back in the hospital for internal bleeding.  Chemo has been postponed. 
    Then on my way home, my car was crusing along, started to sputter and slow down. I pulled over,
    shut it off, gave it a second and restarted it.  Check engine light went on, but I was able to find an autozone at the next exit (thank goodness it was a larger city!) to do a diagnostics.  It was the fuel gage censor.  But after he hooked up the machine, told me it was ok to drive it still - I had 2.5 hours left - the check engine light went off.  It seems to be running ok. I’m going to my local autozone tonight to see if it’s still an issue before a mechanic gets it.  I trust mechanics as much as I trust my old dentist and autozone has nothing to loose if they tell me the car is alright again. 

• I am in a mood.  Yesterday at work, I started really overreactinng to something and ended up snapping at someone who was just trying to help me.  I was able to stop the reaction when I realized that I was absolutely in a situation like my previous job (through no one's fault but the previous paralegal I took over for and people here are plenty horrified at what I'm having to fix) and it was a panic attack.  So, I did some breathing exercises and got myself calmed down.  But it led to some other not-what-I-would-like-to-make choices and today I'm dealing with hangxiety and have had to fend off 2 panic attacks already.  I'm still determined to get myself down to the 5mg of Lexapro and this one off day just reminded me that I have to use the tools I've given myself at this level now.  My Lexapro definitely numbed me to a lot more than I had realized...though at the old job it wasn't enough.  I also have some community access that I'm going to start using. 

Otherwise, SSDD.  Trying to get organized and find a flow at this job.  It's a little difficult, so I'm working through a new plan today.
  • S&S how exciting that you leave this weekend! Whenever I traveled internationally, I'd use both What's App and FB messenger to communicate back home. Does the ship have a wifi plan you can purchase?
    They do and I was already planning to purchase it.

I have already found out more info that makes me feel better.  While on the ship, I can put my phone on airplane mode and that still allows me to use their wi-fi without having to worry about surprise roaming charges.  I'm vaguely remembering that now from my European trip.  My cell phone provider (Metro PCS/T-Mobile) allows me to add Mexico for $5.  So that would work when I am in a Mexican port (2 of the 4 ports).  That only leaves the Belize and Honduras ports but, really, I shouldn't need to use my cell phone.  Hopefully nothing so urgent happens that I do but, if so, I could (probably) buy a SIM card while there.

Crisis averted and it also saves me the money I was expecting to pay for a SIM card.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    VarunaTTcharlotte989875ei34
    S&S how exciting that you leave this weekend! Whenever I traveled internationally, I'd use both What's App and FB messenger to communicate back home. Does the ship have a wifi plan you can purchase?
    They do and I was already planning to purchase it.

I have already found out more info that makes me feel better.  While on the ship, I can put my phone on airplane mode and that still allows me to use their wi-fi without having to worry about surprise roaming charges.  I'm vaguely remembering that now from my European trip.  My cell phone provider (Metro PCS/T-Mobile) allows me to add Mexico for $5.  So that would work when I am in a Mexican port (2 of the 4 ports).  That only leaves the Belize and Honduras ports but, really, I shouldn't need to use my cell phone.  Hopefully nothing so urgent happens that I do but, if so, I could (probably) buy a SIM card while there.

Crisis averted and it also saves me the money I was expecting to pay for a SIM card.
    Yup, that's what I always did. Airplane mode and hooked up to wifi when available. 
    short+sassyei34
  • It's like I tempted fate, lol.  To my complete shock, my realtor told me a little while ago that closing for one of the duplexes (the one with the piping issue) is this Friday.

I think this was originally a misunderstanding.  She had previously told me the city would need to inspect the new piping and, once the job was done, that would take two weeks.  So I'm thinking that closing wasn't happening until about 3 weeks from now.

But the buyer doesn't want to lose his locked-in interest rate so, as long as the work is completed plus the 3rd party video pipe inspection, he wants to move forward even if the city hasn't signed off yet.

I'm not sure all that would happen by Friday and neither was my agent.  Which would put closing (probably) while I'm gone.  I suggested Jan. 30th.  The buyer is going to be out of town for all of February.  Ensue panic.  I call the buyer's title company.  Can I do my part of the closing on Friday?  My H will still be in town, can I sign a POA for him to sign the closing documents?  OMG, could a POA even happen this fast.

Phew, a major crisis averted.  The title company told me that, because my LLC owns this property, it's even easier than a POA.  They'll send me a Certificate of Authority form (I think that's what she called it).  I'll assign my H to be the LLC's agent.  He just needs to bring that original, signed form to closing.

It would make my trip extra joyful if closing happens right before or during, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    charlotte989875climbingsingle
  • ILoveBeachMusicILoveBeachMusic Indiana member
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    I've been so tired lately. I think the winter blues have hit me particularly hard this year. It has been so gray. Today, at least, was sunny. We took the puppy for a walk and wore him out! I will say I felt better afterwards. The sunshine makes all the difference in the world. SIL's grandfather passed away this morning. He had been hospitalized due to breathing complications from Covid. He wasn't in very good health before he contracted Covid. He would have been 96 this June so he lived a long life. Of course that doesn't make it any easier for SIL and his mother. His mother is an only child and SIL is an only child so they only have each other family wise (other than his Dad and my daughter). Also my FIL was moved into skilled nursing after being quarantined for 10 days with Covid. His symptoms weren't bad but apparently he is really down today. H was planning on going there the first week in February but may have to move up the trip. FIL will be 99 on January 30th so we know things won't get a lot better. Ugh, not a good way to start the new year.

On a happier note, I started watching Respect this afternoon and will finish it this evening. Jennifer Hudson definitely has some pipes and I've learned a lot about Aretha Franklin that I didn't know before. I don't know if anyone other than Jennifer Hudson could've played her. Aretha's life story just goes to show that even if you have opportunity in life nothing is guaranteed. 

Some of my post Christmas shopping has arrived the rest should arrive later this week. I ordered a new winter duvet with matching shams and some holiday throw pillow covers. I didn't really need either but they make me happy.

VarunaTTMissKittyDanger
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam Chicagoburbs member
    Seventh Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    Sorry for your family’s loss @ILoveBeachMusic

i have to see if I have Respect to stream somewhere. I almost went to “I wanna dance with somebody” yesterday but it’s 2.5 hrs plus previews and I didn’t have the time.

filmmakers; I like moves 2 hours and under please and thank you. 

• levioosalevioosa Southern California member
    Eighth Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    I’m sorry about your loss @ILoveBeachMusic