Wedding Woes
Options

Thirsty Thursday

Omg I am sick of dry January. Last year I loved it and this year it’s too gloomy. Also I’m annoying at my landlord, they replaced my broken dishwasher with . . . Another broken dishwasher. And now have to come back and swap it out again which disturbs my cat’s nap time. 

Re: Thirsty Thursday

• Options
    I did not do dry Jan and I'm glad because this Jan is just depressing AF. Also how annoying about the dishwasher. 

I have my checkup appt with my ortho today. But ankle does feel better, but I have a feeling I'm still going to have to be in this boot. Whomp whomp. But hey, it could be worse! 
  • Options
    I usually do dry January and I just…couldn’t this year. I mean I could if I needed to, but I just seriously lacked the motivation this year. 

Just trying to make it through to the weekend. I have an annoying situation right now that is not truly my problem/fault and I shouldn’t feel guilty about it, but then so much of healthcare is reviews and customer service now that I feel like I’ll hear about it later. Ugh. 

• Options
    My uterus is once again protesting the lack of a baby.  You'd think the damn thing would learn after...30 years of emptiness, I'm not giving in!!!

Otherwise, SSDD.  I need to get out and do something, but my energy levels seem low.  I've added meat back into my meal planning, but so far that hasn't seemed to made a difference.  I think it's just pure lack of sunshine at this point.  At least the days are finally getting longer and it's not totally dark when I wake up/go home.
  • Options
    The weather this month is so depressing.  The lack of snow and constant rain makes me know I'm not a good fit for the Pacific NW.  

• Options
    OMG this has been a WEEK.  I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday.  

I'm quickly looking over Prudie.  I am going to get it posted ASAP before I'm running to do my next thing.  

• Options
    CasadenaCasadena member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2023
    I did dry first week of January...then eh. That said, i have been relying too much on my almost nightly wine stress reliever and should probably cut back. I got my period in the middle of the night last night and that hasn't happened in years. Starting to really find my flow with work stuff and I love it. Trying to decide what to order for lunch since I didn't bring mine. 

• Options
    I'm also sick of dry January. I've already made plans to go to bar trivia next Weds, which is probably defeating the purpose. 

Nothing much else going on. My work project got reshuffled and is getting a lot more bodies, funding, and attention since the first, so it's been kind of wild. But I'm happy to be actually busy again. It's been a while.
  • Options
    I had a sip of pinot grigio on Thanksgiving...before that a half glass of sangria over summer, I think? So I'm having a dry...several months?  I know it's uncommon but I just don't really drink.

Just wrapped up my period and (TMI) gearing up for my stretch of days I'm ovulating and beyond horny and feeling the only downside of divorce  :D
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    ei34 said:
    I had a sip of pinot grigio on Thanksgiving...before that a half glass of sangria over summer, I think? So I'm having a dry...several months?  I know it's uncommon but I just don't really drink.

Just wrapped up my period and (TMI) gearing up for my stretch of days I'm ovulating and beyond horny and feeling the only downside of divorce  :D
    At the risk of TMI, that's when you buy yourself a divorce present for the nightstand.  
    I have presents lol.  No substitute for the weight of a man (or woman, whoever you're into) sometimes though.
  • Options
    I really don't drink much if at all anymore.
    I have a bottle of wine in my fridge but I really haven't touched it since December.

Unintended dry January!
    That may break this weekend. BK is going to IL's for a sleepover, so M & I are going for dinner. Sometimes they have new drinks. Rarely I have one. Tbh I'll prob have a THC drink lol
  • Options
    If I’m in meetings all day, when do I do the work to prepare for the meetings??
  • Options
    Data osmosis, duh. You should just absorb the info through typing on the keyboard. 

• Options
    During other meetings? I have no idea, but if you figure it out, please let me know.
  • Options
    ei34 said:
    banana468 said:
    ei34 said:

At the risk of TMI, that's when you buy yourself a divorce present for the nightstand.  
    I have presents lol.  No substitute for the weight of a man (or woman, whoever you're into) sometimes though.
    Weighted blankets, body pillows, and/or the hug blanket have helped me through times like that.  Not necessarily the sex part, but the snuggles and comfort of another body.
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    ei34 said:
    banana468 said:
    ei34 said:

Weighted blankets, body pillows, and/or the hug blanket have helped me through times like that.  Not necessarily the sex part, but the snuggles and comfort of another body.
    Thanks Varuna!  I ordered my daughter who's been having the emotional moments a weighted blanket and a hug ball/blanket last week, I'll definitely try them out.
  • Options
    ei34 said:
    VarunaTT said:
    ei34 said:
    banana468 said:
    ei34 said:

Thanks Varuna!  I ordered my daughter who's been having the emotional moments a weighted blanket and a hug ball/blanket last week, I'll definitely try them out.
    DH has been sleeping with one for 3 years.  He used to have panic attacks in his sleep and this seemed to help. 
  • Options
    During other meetings? I have no idea, but if you figure it out, please let me know.
    I do most of my meeting prep in other meetings!
  • Options
    I do most of my meeting prep in other meetings!
    If it's not an in-person meeting, I try to multitask. I find that most I attend I don't really need to be presenting or talking so I listen and work on the other things on my desk. 
  • Options
    My problem is I present in a lot of meetings so it’s not like I can be working on a dashboard while showing a different one!
  • Options
    is it possible to just start blocking and hour or two of your day so people can't schedule meetings? I know things come up last minute and cultures are different, but that would be my first action in this situation!
  • Options
    Casadena said:
    is it possible to just start blocking and hour or two of your day so people can't schedule meetings? I know things come up last minute and cultures are different, but that would be my first action in this situation!
    Not a bad idea.  I've had a few coworkers do that because they've said "Oh I'm here at that time but but I block out that hour to make sure I get the job done."