Wedding Woes
Options

Wednesday

How is everyone doing today?  Not much going on with me, other than the usual.

It was one work day of things to do, yesterday.  And now I'm back to a boring nothing, lol.  I think we might use my Hotels.com free hotel night to go to Biloxi this weekend.  I checked the terms and the night has to be used before 2/16, not just booked before then.

I've apparently had that free night to use for the last year.  But I didn't know I had it, until they reminded me I was about to lose it.  I'm pretty sure they didn't tell me when I earned it, though that is possible.  They definitely didn't remind me throughout the year.  I'm definitely side-eying them on that because I certainly had opportunities to use it before now.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wednesday

• Options
    I’m sick. I’m waiting to get a rapid combo strep, flu, and Covid test because a kid in Ms class just tested positive for all three. The fun just never stops around here. 
  • Options
    Ughh sorry @charlotte989875, hope all are negative and you begin to feel better soon

Super ssdd here, kind of dragging.
  • Options
    Ugh that sucks @charlotte989875 I hope you're feeling better soon. 

SSDD here. It's sunny and 50 here. This winter has been so weird. 
  • Options
    N got sent home Monday with a fever, I worked at home with him yesterday and he has a bad ear infection. Neg for COVID/flu/RSV thankfully. I also started feeling sick yesterday so i went to urgent care last night and I also have a fever and and ear infection. Neg for COVID/flu/RSV. Trying to stay away from G as much as possible bc he has a chemo and lumbar puncture tomorrow - H and I were going to both go, but we'll see how I feel in the morning. My mom is here watching N for the day and he'll go back to school tomorrow since his fever is gone. Never-ending. 

IL's want us all to come over a Vday brunch on Saturday and I might milk the sickness until then and see if H will take the boys alone so i can have the morning to sleep.
  • Options
    Bringing a box home to start containing some stuff in our spare room. Idk when the floors are being done, but I want to have it somewhat ready.

I'm debating between a 3 colour paint job or a wall paper for BK's room
    Either option is going only on one wall 

Idk what wall paper, but this is the idea for her wall {only in different pastel colours - pink, purple and blue}

#LindorkAtHome: 3-Colour Geometric Feature Wall (Bedroom – Instagrammable DIY Home Projects) – LINDA HOANG | EDMONTON BLOGGER (linda-hoang.com)

{sorry I can't get the photo to stick}

Otherwise not much going on.
  • Options
    short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2023
    @charlotte989875, oh no!  I'm sorry to hear that.  At least it's not all three, but still such a drag.  Especially with M in the house and trying not to get him or your H sick also.  Hopefully you will be feeling better soon with the medicine, now that it's known what it is.

@climbingsingle, I was just thinking about all the Northern Knotties when I went out for errands at lunch.  Both of my vehicles lost their a/c a few months ago (ugh, why both? why?) and it was too warm driving in my car.  I checked the weather when I got back and the high is 78 right now.  No wonder it was so uncomfortable.  But dropping back to the 50s/40s in the next few days, lol.

@Casadena, I always vote for sleeping in.  But then, I always vote for brunch also.  Though only if it's a late brunch.  It's a conundrum.  I hope you're feeling better soon, so you can fully enjoy whichever choice you make.

Edited: saw @charlotte989875 diagnosis after I posted.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Bringing a box home to start containing some stuff in our spare room. Idk when the floors are being done, but I want to have it somewhat ready.

Idk what wall paper, but this is the idea for her wall {only in different pastel colours - pink, purple and blue}

#LindorkAtHome: 3-Colour Geometric Feature Wall (Bedroom – Instagrammable DIY Home Projects) – LINDA HOANG | EDMONTON BLOGGER (linda-hoang.com)

I think this will look really cool in pink, purple, and blue.  I hope it is as easy as it looks!

Sorry that you are sick charlotte989875.  Feel better soon!

• Options

I like the geometric pattern!  It would be really cute in pink, purple, and blue.

For myself, I'm trying to get braver with these kind of ideas, lol.  I've noticed that successful short-term rentals often have a unique accent wall or two.  Sometimes it's done with paint, sometimes it's done with a mural that looks like a photo...except it's the entire wall.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I like the geometric pattern!  It would be really cute in pink, purple, and blue.

For myself, I'm trying to get braver with these kind of ideas, lol.  I've noticed that successful short-term rentals often have a unique accent wall or two.  Sometimes it's done with paint, sometimes it's done with a mural that looks like a photo...except it's the entire wall.
    That's partly why I was looking at wall blush. It's renter safe also {they advertise as rental safe}
    Also with an accent wall, it feels a little different.
    We're doing stuff with our spare room, and I'm entertaining an accent wall with that wall paper
  • Options
    We have an accent wall in the new living room! (That’s no where close to being down). It’s just a dark Smokey blue wall and the rest are light gray but it really makes the room look great! 
  • Options
    We have an accent wall in the new living room! (That’s no where close to being down). It’s just a dark Smokey blue wall and the rest are light gray but it really makes the room look great! 
    Nice! Painted?
  • Options
    Nice! Painted?
    Yup! Not the best picture but you get the idea. Everything else is the color of the wall on the left. 

Oh I like that!
    If we had better lighting I would have loved a dark accent wall. Right now our house is awful yellow toned
  • Options
    @charlotte989875, I really like that color combo!

That is one of the nice things about accent walls.  I love that smoky blue color.  My MINI Cooper is a slightly lighter version of it, lol.  However, it is too dark of a color to use for a whole room.  But as an accent wall, it's perfect!  You can enjoy the color without making the room feel dark. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks! I love the color but we have low ceilings so there was no way the entire room could be that color. The guy at the paint store actually helped me decide what wall would be best for it! 

We added in the recessed lighting too which helped a lot. 
  • Options
    @charlotte989875, I really like that color combo!

That is one of the nice things about accent walls.  I love that smoky blue color.  My MINI Cooper is a slightly lighter version of it, lol.  However, it is too dark of a color to use for a whole room.  But as an accent wall, it's perfect!  You can enjoy the color without making the room feel dark. 
    Some dark colours are just so PERFECT for accent walls.

My mum has a fairly large window and she did an accent wall across from it in a brick print wall paper.
    Absolutely perfect with her decor and since it's across from the window, it doesn't make it dark