Wedding Woes

Hump Day

Annoying work stuff continues.  SSDD in other areas of my life though, which I'll take.  How's everyone else?

Re: Hump Day

• My work has been super slow lately and it is making the days drag. But I do have a 4-day weekend coming up!

Mardi Gras is on Tuesday, which is a holiday at my office.  The parade route is literally in front of my work's main building.  Though it's a holiday for most companies in town anyway.  I'm taking Monday as a vacation day.  I know that's President's Day, but it's not a holiday for us.

There are also parades tonight and tomorrow night, so I need to make sure I don't dilly-dally when I get off work and leave right at 5pm.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's a long weekend coming up.
    BK is off Friday, and we're all off Monday.

It's definitely coming at a great time. BK is getting extra tired - part of growth spurt? Unknown for now. Last night she had a meltdown over wanting to do stuff herself, but also over tired.
    I told BK she can sleep in this weekend. She is going to my mum's on Saturday, but not super early.

I'm going to try what our gym calls anti-gravity fitness - it's with silk hammoks. I'm pretty excited. I wanted to try it when we did tour lol
    I think with BK gone, M & I will do dinner. Idk where - we've gotta see what we have for gift cards.

Since Monday is a holiday, I suggested to M maybe we can 3 of us do something - trampoline park maybe?
  • Trying not to be disappointed that H didn't even acknowledge Valentine's day with me yesterday. I know we have a lot going to on all the time but it would be nice to get, idk, a hug and an "I love you"? 

Both boys had a ton of fun at school yesterday with their Vday parties :) I made the boys heart shaped pizzas and they both went to bed early. I had a glass of wine and finished my book and then was up half the night with G (he's crashing off the steroid and hungry/not sleepy for days after). He was sweet at least and i'm VERY caffeinated today. 
  • WFH today.  I really do love my new job and I think I'm settling in okay.  The annoyances are minimal, really.  I'm still super amped up from the previously toxic environment, so I just try to remind myself of that and try to look at things with informed vision as much as I can.  My attorney seems really pleased with my work and that's always the most important part.

Otherwise, SSDD.  I've asked a friend to do an embroidery project for me and she seems excited about it.  I'm trying to get back into some of my craft projects, b/c I'm really battling boredom in my life.  Boredom is a main factor in my drinking alcohol, so I'd like to try and avoid it.  I have quite a few friends who are actively pursuing sobriety, so I'm kind of thinking about starting a sober social club.  IDK, I'm still a little wary of any sort of organizing work, so I'm just sitting with that idea for awhile.
  • Valentine’s Day was fun! H had M walk in and say “I got flowers for you Mama” in the sweetest little toddler voice. Then we went to the playground and he ran all around. It was low key and so fun. 

M is going to MILs this weekend so we’ll do dinner then but we had chocolate brownies in bed last night so not much will top that. 
  • Valentine’s Day was fun! H had M walk in and say “I got flowers for you Mama” in the sweetest little toddler voice. Then we went to the playground and he ran all around. It was low key and so fun. 

M is going to MILs this weekend so we’ll do dinner then but we had chocolate brownies in bed last night so not much will top that. 
    You set the bar too high
  • Our anniversary is too close to Valentine's Day, so we don't celebrate by mutual decision.  But I did get snuggles and an I love you, so that's nice!

@MissKittyDanger Is that the aerial thing?  I saw someone doing that last summer, it looks amazing!  I hope that you have fun!  

• @kerbohl closer to the ground but yes :) I'm really excited!