Wedding Woes
Options

Frozen Thursday

Thankfully we still have power, but daycare lost it earlier today and had a delayed start. It’s icing and cold but we’re warm and safe. Hopefully this is it for the bad winter weather, but I’m not counting on that! 

How’s everyone else fairing? 

Re: Frozen Thursday

• Options
    Whew, I'm feeling a lot better today.  Period is finally over, seem to have gotten over my own mental hump here for now, and feeling okay.  However, I have to go get my allergy shot this morning and eeeeeehhhh....this last bottle is knocking me around.  It's the full strength measure and the shots are getting more and more of teh serum in them.  My arms have welted, even with the anti-itch and ice packs on them, and hurt for more than 24 hours, so I'll have to report that.  However, the end of weekly shots is in sight, so I'm tryng really hard to stay with weekly and not push them farther apart for recovery reasons.

Otherwise, SSDD.  Not too much to report, I crashed early last night.  Watching the F1 testing and it's nice to see the sport revving up again.  The fantasy league opens on Sunday or Monday, I can't remember.

We're actually having decen tweather here.  Big vibes for those of you experiencing terrible weather, it's got to be exhausting at this point.
  • Options
    We are only getting a cold rain.  It's gross but tolerable. 

So far I seem to be doing OK.  My fingers are crossed that the booster is helping.

On the work front I received an email basically saying to me, "I'm not sure what you're calculating Banana but at this rate I'm going to run out of what I need," and I nicely had to respond to her and tell her that I'm not sure what SHE was looking at but she's full of it. 

I never like being confrontational but I also don't appreciate being told that I'm not doing my job correctly when my processes have worked for years and the person questioning me stepped into the task this week. 
  • Options
    We didn't get hit nearly as hard as they expected but we got snow, so buses got canceled.
    Opted to keep BK home, so at lunch she'll be playing Stardew Valley with M lol

I know I slept last night but my brain is just running so fast ... I kept having weird dreams so it kinda feels like I didn't sleep?
    Idk it was weird, and I hate when this happens.

Good news is we're running low on stuff but my mum gave me some pea soup so I have lunch today and probably tomorrow lol
  • Options
    My period showed up yesterday and that answered my "Why am I exhausted?" and "Why I am feeling weird, emotional, and paranoid?"  questions.  PMS is so dumb. 

DH is on the precipice of this big promotion.  He sent his resume to the hiring manager last week.  He was given the green light to officially apply last night (because he's been there less than 12 months, there was some HR stuff that had to be cleared first).  His boss today told him that the position is basically his and it's literally formality/paperwork at this point.  My only concern at this point is "Show him the moooneeeyyy!"  LMAO  

I was asked by my boss to assist some people who are looking to be considered for a supervisor role on our other team with interview prep (my co-supe is over this team and it's huge, so they're looking to hire a second-shift supervisor to help her out).  I did a session yesterday and I think it went well and that I provided helpful advice.  I have another today that I'm extremely curious about because there has been some drama with this candidate. Related to all of this, I wish I had the confidence of a mediocre white man.  Ha. 

SSDD otherwise. Prudie coming up.  
  • Options
    Very cold for us here. It’s snowing down to the foothills which is crazy. I’m miffed I have a training this Saturday and can’t just lay in bed with warm tea and a movie. 

Hope everyone is staying safe and warm! 

• Options
    Sending your family healing vibes @CharmedPam. I spent all day in the hospital with my dad on Tuesday because he fell and they thought he broke and dislocated his hip. No fun. 

• Options
    Oh no @CharmedPam.  That's a lot all at once.  :( 
  • Options
    @CharmedPam, I hope your dad is out of the hospital soon.  I'm glad to hear his surgery wasn't postponed too far out.  Good vibes for your grandpa also!

Best wishes to all the Knotties in the path of bad weather.  Stay safe and warm.  I am also jealous of pea soup, but not the cold or snow.

I completed a dinner mystery shop with my H last night.  Now the report I need to write is hanging over me, lol.

I won't be working tomorrow because I have a morning doctor's appointment.

We are doing showings tomorrow and Saturday for one of our vacancies.  I'm putting the ad up as soon as I get home this evening.  Which means I will be spending the evening on FB chat with an onslaught of responses and questions.  Or at least I hope so, lol!  It makes for an overwhelming and busy night.  But "crickets" are much worse.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @CharmedPam sending healing vibes to your family 

It's like the 3rd day in a row of this gloomy, annoying weather. Yesterday it hailed for a while, then changed over to snow, then rain, then freezing rain and then back to rain. And now it's back to cold and windy for the weekend. 
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 since being on IUD, I swear things have been screwy but also I have mild PMS? Fuck.

@CharmedPam my mum made it :) It's really good. Plan was split today and tomorrow but I may finish it today lmao
  • Options
    Work vent:

WTF is going on in the universe, lol?  People have been coming out of the woodwork asking me random questions about stuff that was done months ago.  None of it is for the same thing.  It is all truly random.  I've also had a bunch of unusual requests.  

I'm only working two days this week!  Most other people are also only working 2-3 days this week also.  I was expecting things to be chill and mellow.  Not slaying dragons from things I barely remember and have to research.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @CharmedPam - healing vibes for both you grandpa and dad!

We ended up with about 12" of snow.  The wind Tuesday night was crazy!
  • Options
    Healing thoughts for your Dad and Grandpa @CharmedPam and also your Dad @levioosa. Falls are nothing to fool around with in the elderly. 
  • Options
    Yes @levioosa, that is scary. How’s he doing now?

• Options
    Yes @levioosa, that is scary. How’s he doing now?
    He’s okay. Just sore and cantankerous. The hip looked really bad at first so they did at CT to make sure. We keep telling him he can’t try to transfer on his own but he doesn’t listen.