Just Engaged and Proposals

Engagement Ring Advice

Hi all! I’m new to the community so I apologize if this post is in the wrong place. I wanted to get some advice from those who may have gone through the same thing. I am recently engaged as of two weeks ago. My fiancé bought my engagement ring from a store over at Palisades Center in West Nyack, NY (for reference we are from Bergen County, NJ and are very close to the New York State border). We originally saw the ring while we were Christmas shopping and I got really emotional after we left the store (The store is Joseph Jacob Jewelers. I’m unsure if they’re in the same category as the big Kay, Zales, or Jared stores. This store does have multiple locations on the east coast). I knew that was it. I’ve never felt more attached to a piece of jewelry. He went back for it and proposed on February 10th. This past Sunday we were up at the same mall and doing some shopping for my bridesmaid proposal boxes. I figured why not go to the jewelry store and have my ring cleaned? I also work in special education and I’m around germs a lot. I figured I would be doing the best thing for my ring. After we got home I noticed there’s a pavé diamond missing from the side of the band. I called the jewelry store to have them check the machine filter and they couldn’t find the diamond. I also remember feeling like my ring got snagged on our comforter the week before but everything looked okay. I have had my promise ring which had very small pavé diamonds in the cleaning machines before with no issues of losing any diamonds so I’m sure it could have just been a combination of the two instances that made it fall out. My fiancé does have a warranty on the ring and to repair it, it would have to be sent out for two weeks. I’m having a lot of anxiety of it being sent out for repairs for that long, even though it went out to be resized when my fiancé bought it. Has anyone else gone through this or something similar? Should I opt for a local jeweler to fix it instead or just go through with using the warranty at JJJ? I purchased my own jewelry cleaner to use at home too so that they don’t have to use the machine next time. For the first couple of days I was sleeping with the ring on but I have stopped doing that. I also was washing my hands while wearing it but I think I will stop doing that, too. All in all I’ve done my absolute best to be so careful with it so I’m really disappointed that this happened, especially so soon. Attached is a photo of my ring for reference. Thanks in advance!