Wedding Woes

Classic: Wut?

My friend “Kira” recently discovered an online horse-breeding game. She quickly became obsessed with it. But the problem isn’t that she’s spending all her time on it. The problem is that she named all of her horses after me and my friends and is “breeding” us. I’m afraid to tell her this makes me uncomfortable because it’s all a big joke to her. She’s been encouraging all of us to join the game.

Re: Classic: Wut?

• Well don’t join the game to start and change the subject where you can. But what she’s doing is weird but harmless. You don’t have to engage but tell to stop playing is extreme. 
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2023
    She should talk to some of the other friends and see if they are bothered by it.  They could go as a united front and say something like, "Kira, we weren't thrilled when you named your horses after us, but it's your game and you can do what you want.  However, please stop telling us about the horses.  Especially the breeding part.  It's just icky because we are associating ourselves and real people with those horses."

With all that said, I think the LW is wound a little too tight.  It's an imaginary, digital horse.  It wouldn't bother me and I'd also think it was funny.  She should be more concerned that this supposed friend wouldn't take her discomfort seriously, so she is afraid to even tell her about the feelings she has.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LW, you should take the role as Charlie and start breeding the horses yourself and rule the online world, so that your friend can be Dee and go out and get her nails done.  This is so much an episode of It's Always Sunny, that I almost feel like this letter is MUD.

Also, this is silly.  I guess if it's really bothering you, ask her not to talk about it with you.