Wedding Woes

Monday

Man, I really need a break/vacation.  I've got some things in the works, but stuff can't seem to come fast enough.

It was a really good weekend.  I just relaxed and didn't do much of anything on Friday night.  Saturday I had my brows done in the morning.  In the evening I went over to a friends house and we chilled in her backyard, playing with her new puppy.  We also watched Ted Lasso, which she had been wanting me to watch for forever.  I need to figure out why I can't get Apple TV on my Roku; I think it might be time to upgrade the receiver, but it bothers me to dump something that isn't broken.  Sunday I went and had lunch with Mom and spent some time with her.  Then I went out to see one of my good friends spin; it was so much fun hearing live DJing again.  He did both a digital and a vinyl set, so it was a really good time.  I hung out with his wife while he was playing.  I am going to host her birthday party at my place and he is going to set up and play there.  My two next door neighbors won't care anyway and I DARE the upstairs neighbors to even try and complain about any noise on a Saturday night.

Going to see a movie with a friend tonight and tomorrow night.  IDK who I think I am...that's a LOT of socializing for me.  However, it has all been small events and with really good friends, so it's been very restorative, not stressful, and fun.  I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Re: Monday

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Glad you guys were able to come to a decision @mrsconn23 but totally get the thinking-about-it now!

My weekend was nice too, good chances both for fun moments and a bit of rest.  The early members morning at the zoo was neat, from 8:30-10 it was pretty empty, and we had fun.
  • Weekend was fine. Good even. Had a work event Friday and a friends 40th birthday party Saturday night. I had two drinks, stayed up until midnight, and was exhausted all day Sunday. I do love going out and doing things but I hate waking up at 5:45 and feeling tired all day. 
  • @VarunaTT, I hope you can arrange a vacation soon!  In the meantime, those sound like fun events with your close friends.

@mrsconn23, congrats to your H!  Even if it was a long road to get here and not quite what you all were initially expecting.  Since you all are whisky connoisseurs, have you all tried that Terry Bradshaw bourbon?  One of my friends really liked it, but she isn't an aficionado so I was curious for a second opinion.  Then again, I'm not either, lol.

When I was looking it up, I discovered that 95% of the world's whiskey is produced in Kentucky.  That surprised me but, pretty cool!  And all bourbons are whiskey, but not all whiskeys are bourbon.  I was pretty sure that was the case, but had to double check myself.

@Casadena, So cute!  I'm with N.  There's nothing like a comfy bed.

I relaxed a lot over the weekend.  Probably slept too much, but I needed it.

Here is my quandary.  I've been wearing a mouth guard because I've been grinding my teeth in my sleep.  I think that's why I've suddenly had some tooth problems crop up.  But I don't think I'm getting a deep sleep when I wear it.  Ever since I started wearing it about a week ago, I wake up more easily (though immediately go back to sleep) and have more vivid dreams.  And I've been especially exhausted, even if I slept for enough hours.  The guard isn't painful or uncomfortable.  But, of course, it's not as comfortable as not wearing one.

I should be seeing a dentist this week.  I'll see what they say.

I was also thinking I should try some relaxation techniques throughout the day and especially before going to bed.  Maybe if I'm less stressed out, I'll stop grinding my teeth.

Otherwise, I might start wearing the mouth guard only every other night or a few times a week.  My teeth are so fragile and in such bad shape, but I really need my sleep also.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy I get masseter Botox for nighttime grinding and it helped a ton. Of course I pay out of pocket for it but I absolutely knew I would not stick with a mouth guard. 

Weekend was pretty good! Went to a friends birthday party on Saturday night and then yesterday we had brunch for SIL A’s bday which was a lot of fun. The only downer is her dog is super poorly behaved. We took her on a walk and she saw another dog and lunged between my legs causing me to fall pretty badly. My ankle is super swollen and I have abrasions on 3/4 of my extremities. I was ticked. But other than that we had a lot of fun. Maybe too much fun. I could really go for a breakfast burrito right now. Lol. 

• mrsconn23 said:
    I feel you on needing a break @VarunaTT.  I was so tempted to call off today, but I had an 8:30 meeting/training that I had set up.  So here I am. 

After a loooottttt of conversation, soul-searching, a couple of glasses of whiskey each, a tough hike, and more talking...DH has accepted the promotion.  He went to the guy who's been kind of a mentor to him (he used to run the station DH works at, 'retired', and now works on contract for DH's company) and he gave him some good guidance and his unfiltered opinion.  So here we go... :) 

Of course, after the decision was made, I could not sleep last night.  Stupid anxious brain.  I was fretting over the promotion, but also some work stuff and other things my brain just loves to play over and over at 3am.  I also had a very weird dream about all my social media profiles getting hacked and being held for 'ransom'.

Anyway...our hike yesterday was awesome.  A little sketch in some spots, but so pretty, and everything is so green.  Plus it was nice and cool in the forest, and the bugs haven't shown up yet.  Just over 2.5 mos until our trip.  We paid our final Airbnb installment this weekend.  

We also got caught up on Maisel and I watched a few more episodes of Shrinking.  I'm also loving almost everything they're putting into this final season of Succession.  
    I love Shrinking so much! I’m on episode 8 and I’m sad I’m almost finished with it! 
  • @levioosa, thanks for the suggestion!  I just read up on it.  That does sound like a good potential option.

Especially since I think it's just the next 6ish months I need to get through.  I don't normally grind my teeth, but there is so much extra stress in planning for our move and trying to figure out how to make it all work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I’m FINALLY getting a breather. Work has been the busiest it’s ever been! @short+sassy is yours a boil & bite or custom fit? I tried a b&b and could not would not wear it. Amazon partners with cheeky and I got a custom fit one for under $100 and it fits perfect. I forget I’m even wearing it! I had masseter botox for facial shape change but had no idea it helps grinding! Yay for H @mrsconn23! Glad it all worked out!

• I've started pulling together stuff for our trip to SC. Actually sold a couple of baby things on Marketplace today (stuff I had for grandsons that I no longer need). People irk me with "I want this what is your address" then never give a time for pick up. Oh well the two big things are gone - stroller and high chair.

I have book club tonight so I baked a lemon cake and made a blueberry/limoncello sauce to serve along side.
  • @short+sassy I have a "mouth guard", but mine also doubles as a retainer for keeping my teeth straight from braces, so I got it made by the dentist.  But I also have that issue - I don't sleep as well as I did before I got it.  But then some nights I don't wear it and I don't sleep well those nights either, lol.  Damned if I do, damned if I don't!

@mrsconn23 Glad that you came to a decision, but totally get the stressing about it.  I hope it all works out, but I'm sure right now there are still so many unknowns.

My weekend was really good.  DnD on Friday, and Saturday was crazy productive.  Hubby decluttered (a big deal for him - it is not something he does lightly) and we took a bunch of stuff to a local thrift store.  Sunday I walked the dog on the Bruce Trail, and it was lovely.  Not ready for the week to start though, want another day for the weekend!

• I’m FINALLY getting a breather. Work has been the busiest it’s ever been! @short+sassy is yours a boil & bite or custom fit? I tried a b&b and could not would not wear it. Amazon partners with cheeky and I got a custom fit one for under $100 and it fits perfect. I forget I’m even wearing it! I had masseter botox for facial shape change but had no idea it helps grinding! Yay for H @mrsconn23! Glad it all worked out!
    It's a boil and bite that I got for $20 on Amazon.  I didn't realize a custom fit one would be so cheap.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Whether that or the masseter botox, it's nice to know there are other things I can try.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy I wear a night guard as well for teeth grinding that was made by my dentist. I've had it for a few years now. It helps immensely. It doesn't feel uncomfortable at all, and only took a little while to get used to. I used to get the absolute worst tooth and jaw pain (and even pain down my neck and shoulders) from grinding and clenching at night.